+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada after applying for Citizenship

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@cadvis the conversation was in the context that they know the applicant is abroad because like in my case : I told them that I'm seconded for the short-term with my company and will be back after that

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
I called CIC office a few weeks ago. I was asking them if I could go for a month outside Canada since applying. I was told I would have to let them know and they would put the application on hold during the time of my absence. If I didn´t notify them and they would find out, that could be enough reason to deny my citizenship application. You are supposed to be living here during the process and the judges can rule whatever they want.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ISK said:
I called CIC office a few weeks ago. I was asking them if I could go for a month outside Canada since applying. I was told I would have to let them know and they would put the application on hold during the time of my absence. If I didn´t notify them and they would find out, that could be enough reason to deny my citizenship application. You are supposed to be living here during the process and the judges can rule whatever they want.
That's b.s. Reasons to deny app are based on law, which is the Citizenship Act. If such case goes to court, CIC will lose. But they don't need bad precedent themselves, that's why such cases don't exist in reality (deny based on not notifying of absense). However, they may continue to b.s. naive immigrants over the phone because effective mechanism to punish them for these con-men activities doesn't exist.

rsingh1975

Mar 4, 2011
Hi Team,

I am a new Canadian Immigrant with PR. I am working in Dubai so I went to Canada on 18th Dec and came back after 15 days. On my PR Card the expiry date is mentioned Jan 18. My job in Dubai is a very high paying job so I just want to continue it for another one year till July 2014 and then leave for Canada permanently to complete my 1095 days for Citizenship.

Pls suggest me is it the right procedure to follow. Do I have ample of time for those 1095 days. I know nothing about this procedure and didnt had time there in Canada to ask the same.

Pls help what should I do.

If it is possible to suggest me at my email address "rsingh1975@gmail.com"

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello rsingh (high paying job in Dubai) and to all those who are here for a free ride.

I became a permanent resident of this country & I love Canada toooo much. I sincerely believe that the Canadian government should not allow people who are misusing the immigration system. People who want to leave Canada after becoming citizen and PRs and want to take all the free dollars and benefits. People like you bring a bad name to honest, hardworking, dedicated immigrants of Canada. Therefore, all of you above if you want to leave Canada, just stay out of Canada, because you guys work overseas, dont pay tax and suck all the benefits out and create a tax burden for tax payers.
If you dont like the employment in Canada, then dont come to Canada. Stay out and work in Dubai or Pakistan wherever you like.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rsingh1975 said:
Hi Team,

I am a new Canadian Immigrant with PR. I am working in Dubai so I went to Canada on 18th Dec and came back after 15 days. On my PR Card the expiry date is mentioned Jan 18. My job in Dubai is a very high paying job so I just want to continue it for another one year till July 2014 and then leave for Canada permanently to complete my 1095 days for Citizenship.

Pls suggest me is it the right procedure to follow. Do I have ample of time for those 1095 days. I know nothing about this procedure and didnt had time there in Canada to ask the same.

Pls help what should I do.

If it is possible to suggest me at my email address "rsingh1975 @ gmail.com"
you have a high paying job and you are too busy to do your own research so you ask people to do it for you and e-mail you. haha really?!!

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ rsingh1975

If you come in July, 2014 to live permanently in Canada you can do so but as for citizenship you may have to wait till July 2018 if you continuously live in Canada. For your case you will no longer will qualify for 1095 days. New law will be in place most likely by end of 2014 with tougher citizenship rules to qualify.. Good luck

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
basharar said:
do not worry, i am in the same shoes, i have been here for almost 3 years and can't get decent employment " i have 1 US, I Canadian graduate degrees", I am planing on leaving after finishing my required days by law... i think if you fulfill your days you are good, just make sure that you have a good friend/relative to check your mail/communications.... all the best
it is very tragic my friend,you are highly educated,how come canadian job market with this huge number of employment advertisement cannot afford people like you to find a job?what is your major of studies in US and Canada?

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
people who are a bit ignorant should know that except a few people then nobody wanna leave the country"unless they find a job they deserve",you cannot take hostage a person for an application,many people have family and the ones that they should care for financially.canadian government should look into its system and find out why people like"beshrar" with number of degrees still could not find a descent job.this government is very corrupt and unemployment for minorities is very frequent since 2006 of harper government ,especially working in jobs that does not fit your skills

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Family related issues such as vacation while children school closed or for any other valid reason if a person or a family leaves and has strong ties back in Canada then there should not be any problem. Yes if someone has premeditated intention of leaving for longer term for overseas Job or other issues then may face problem.. And of course, informing CIC about exit and entry date makes the reason more legitimate..

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
free said:
people who are a bit ignorant should know that except a few people then nobody wanna leave the country"unless they find a job they deserve",you cannot take hostage a person for an application,many people have family and the ones that they should care for financially.canadian government should look into its system and find out why people like"beshrar" with number of degrees still could not find a descent job.
Stop Critcising CANADA. The main reason for high unemployment amongst immigrants in Canada is bcoz most immigrants even though they hold high degrees simply do not have the skills to perform in the workplace. Simply having a masters from Gujarat or Keral Pakistan doesnt mean that you have the calibre to perform in Canada. Most people who work in 3rd world countries do NOTHING in the work place.

There are plenty of jobs in Canada & Canada is a Great Nation to be proud of. Canada doesnt need immigrants who work overseas , do not pay taxes and take free benefits. People with corrupt intentions and those who want to juice out the benefits, should not apply.

I am Indian and by God's grace I am happy in this country and really loving it. Seriously I tierd of seeing Indians who cant afford a blinder nd choose to use clothes and newspapers to cover their windows instead of curtains. This is giving a bad name to all clean and well mannered Indians. So pls learn how to live properlt before you immigrate. Canada is a first world country not third.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
. Simply having a masters from Gujarat or Keral Pakistan doesnt mean that you have the calibre to perform in Canada. Most people who work in 3rd world countries do NOTHING in the work place.

Where is Gujrat or Keral in Pakistan? That's in India...

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thousands of family (PR/Citizen) receives CHT benefit who has 2 kids and yearly family net income is less than $50,000... So nothing wrong with that. To make net $50,000 after taxes, gross income has to be over $70,000. How many families can earn this?

And you mentioned that many PR works overseas and still take govt. benefits.. I just can't understand this. To receive Federal or Provincial benefits one has to file income tax regardless of income range once the person established residence in Canada..

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Thousands of family (PR/Citizen) receives CHT benefit who has 2 kids and yearly family income less than $50,000... So nothing wrong with that."

- There is nothing wrong with it, as long as they live in Canada and pay taxes on their income and contribute to the economy. There is everything wrong with people who come to Canada, take their citizenship work abroad, dont pay taxes on their income, take all the benefits and send their kids to Canadian Universities due to fees being lower for Canadian students. Now, thats called cheating and being disloyal to your country.

Questions like "Can I leave for an extended time after applying for Citizenship?" ---- Should be RED LISTED. People who ask such questions have a clear intention of not residing in Canada and cheating the system.

If you want to be a Canadian Citizen, then be loyal to your country.