Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
i agree with you but my friend is working on co op from when he is landed here for not college co op but for any other employer so he study full time also work full time.

vivaio

Sep 29, 2013
i can 2nd the comment that lawyer's make mistakes too. and sometimes those mistakes ruin everything for you. i will not hire an immigration lawyer again if i don't have to. ever.

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
Lawyers are a total waste of time.. unless you have something in paper that you state that they will follow a time line if not refund you your money.
They are protecting themselves and you should too.
No paper detailing anything = hell no to a lawyer.
I'm pretty sure alot of people here are very knowledgeable on this.
Ask if you have questions but for the love of god, please do not spam everywhere.. we are all doing/aiding you in our free time :)

Good luck buddy.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alaska_canada said:
Hi,

Just want to ask how many here passed their application on their own? Because I have a lawyer they told me that they will email the updated form for me a day r two last monday but till now they didnt send it even I emailed them yesterday. But i already done with the forms that they will send through online, I am just trying them if they will help me re-apply faster than I can do...because if I will wait for them for sure I need to call them everyday just to finish everything after I paid them last year.I am wondering if I can cancel them being my representative. They are giving me hard time.
Though I am sure there are honest lawyers too and consultants who will work with your interest in mind but, the question is whether are they required for CEC application?

CEC application is one of the simplest (if not THE simplest) way of applying for residency. I REALLY dont feel a consultant or a lawyer is required if one is applying through this program. You either meet the qualifications or you dont. And I have seen that this forum is much better than many of the lawyers and consultants - and, its free :p

Just keep an open mind when people give information.....and, use common sense.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hopefulagain said:
Just keep an open mind when people give information.....and, use common sense.
... and ALWAYS check the document checklist and instruction guide!! As some information given
to you on this forum might be outdated.

EDIT: Make sure you use the latest forms, and not forms you downloaded weeks ago, as CIC changes the forms every now and then.