+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Law Suits on CIC !

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CBC news is taking on CIC for not informing the CEC Applicants about caps being reached early in time.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vasco-castela-loses-job-may-have-to-leave-canada-over-immigration-mix-up-1.2948860

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
It's amazing that they wouldn't have announced that the cap was reached.

Even if they were a little late, for it to be announced two months after the fact is mind-boggling.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
It's amazing that they wouldn't have announced that the cap was reached.

Even if they were a little late, for it to be announced two months after the fact is mind-boggling.
Yep - couldn't agree more...you can't play Bingo with people's lives here - absolute disgraceful behaviour.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
won't make a difference even if there are lawsuits. Remember they just returned hundreds of thousands of applications a few years back because of the backlog - some of those people had been waiting years. No law suit then made any difference, won't now either.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
purplesnow said:
won't make a difference even if there are lawsuits. Remember they just returned hundreds of thousands of applications a few years back because of the backlog - some of those people had been waiting years. No law suit then made any difference, won't now either.
That was different. CIC announced it reached the cap and closed and people who sent in after the cap was returned. Now, CIC didn't announce it reached the cap after 3 months.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the situation might be different but the premise is the same, they can do what they like and there's nothing you can do about it.

arajat

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Please people just relax I work for bell canada as a manager on pgwp will expire nov this year..do not worry anyone over 380 will get in after 4th draw after talking to my lawyer...remember this express entry is fairly new but they will fix it! Give it a chance and those people like me who allied in Nov and got there application returned and.have no more time sorry to say bad luck as it was mine ' I still got time and I got more then hope with a 448 s ore without lmia or pnp

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok seriously, your lawyer is guessing, he has no confirmation from anywhere that they will accept everyone who scores above 380 and while it might end up being true it also might not, so spreading this round isn't helpful.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
the situation might be different but the premise is the same, they can do what they like and there's nothing you can do about it.
I don't think any Gov't agency can "do what it likes" as you put it - they are all required to be model litigants. This information should have been conveyed far earlier to the general public.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree, although nothing can change the past, one must realise that CIC is not the whole and sole emperor of Canada. They are a govt. Body and very answerable to the minister, the parliament and cone ubder the law of a free democracy. There have been numerous cases where CIC has lost court cases and judges have asked them to do something they might not have expected.

Agreed, we are seeking immigration in a foreign country. That doesnt mean we are slaves and can be treated the way some CIC officials likes to.

Regarding the lawyers comments, im pretty sure the writer and the lawyer both know that its just a prediction. Everything must not be directly emmitingv from the mouth od CIC, all at one time.
It must be based on certain calculations. I too certainly believe that the CRS will drop down to 400's by the 4th or 5th draw.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
I believe that once the cut off score is at 700 then most of the LMIA's that were rushed through due to the CECcap will have been processed. Then we should see a drastic reduction of that cut off number as 600 points will be missing in over half entries. But this will only last for a while i think as more people get LMIA once the government get a handle on what they are doing and can process them more effectively.

But i still think that Canada is drastically reducing its immigration numbers due to future economic forecasting.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irishIan said:
... due to future economic forecasting.
what is it?

I've read somewhere that the world population is shrinking (our planet is ovecrowded but the population IS shrinking) and there will be a shortage of human resources in the near future as the world population is aging. So, I thought Canada was interested in attracting more immigrants but now it looks like they are not for some reason.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
ok seriously, your lawyer is guessing, he has no confirmation from anywhere that they will accept everyone who scores above 380 and while it might end up being true it also might not, so spreading this round isn't helpful.

plus this won't help many CEC whose WP is about to expire in say 6 months or earlier.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pziegler1986 said:
I don't think any Gov't agency can "do what it likes" as you put it - they are all required to be model litigants. This information should have been conveyed far earlier to the general public.
bloody hell, do you really think they'd open themselves up to a lawsuit from thousands of people? its highly unlikely. yes the information could have been released sooner but they didn't break any law by not doing so, besides which, by applying for PR, you have to abide by their terms, and i'd bet good money on there being a clause somewhere that they can change things at their own discretion.