+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing procedure at Pearson

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
Hi all,

My wife will be landing soon in Toronto. Therefore, I got some questions and hope that someone can help me here:

a) I understand that the following items are required:

- Passport
- COPR in the passport
- Goods to follow list
- Goods accompanying

something missing?

b) My wife's passport is about to expire in 06/2011 - are there any requirements in regards to passport validity/expiration?

c) My wife's english language skills are quite limited. Is there a possibility to join her when she gets into Immigration at Pearson?

d) Are there any forms that need to be filled-in at Immigration that we can fill-in in advance to simplify her landing procedure?

Thanks for your help!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clubcanada said:
Hi all,

My wife will be landing soon in Toronto. Therefore, I got some questions and hope that someone can help me here:

- Passport
- COPR in the passport
- Goods to follow list
- Goods accompanying

something missing?

b) My wife's passport is about to expire in 06/2011 - are there any requirements in regards to passport validity/expiration?

c) My wife's english language skills are quite limited. Is there a possibility to join her when she gets into Immigration at Pearson?

d) Are there any forms that need to be filled-in at Immigration that we can fill-in in advance to simplify her landing procedure?

Thanks for your help!

- Passport : Yes
- COPR in the passport - Yes
- Goods to follow list - If there are items shipped.
- Goods accompanying - No need if she has only limited items which are not very important to declare. She can use the EMBARKATION form what she get in the flight for the purpose.

something missing? : Better she keep your address in Canada and the telephone number. The IO will ask about her sponsor's (you) details.

b) My wife's passport is about to expire in 06/2011 - are there any requirements in regards to passport validity/expiration? - As there is already a Canadian Visa she can use it for travel till expiry. But at least one month before the expiry it should be submitted for renewal with Indian Embassy (agency) in Canada.

c) My wife's english language skills are quite limited. Is there a possibility to join her when she gets into Immigration at Pearson? :No way. They will manage with the help of any Airport employee.

d) Are there any forms that need to be filled-in at Immigration that we can fill-in in advance to simplify her landing procedure?. The IO will do it. Give her your address and phone numbers.

Michael B

Nov 23, 2010
Wassup?

I'm in the same boat as you are, but in my case my wife's English is also limited, but her French is A+, so since they have people that speak French, she won't have trouble with that, but what I'm wondering is if we can join our spouses too. She never saw the "modern world". She's coming from Congo (DRC) where airport facilities are dating back from the colonial days, so she's to me like a little kid that has no clue what to do. But with all the staff available she'll be fine if we're not allowed in to be with our "landing spouses".

I found this website that answers some questions.

www . canadaimmigrationlaw . net / Immigration / FAQ / landing_procedures . htm

rcalm

Jan 26, 2016
I've read the posts about relatives going through immigration who have limited English skills. And the answer was, someone in Immigration will be able to help? Really, my daughter-in-law's first language is Amharic. There will be someone there to help, even with this language?