+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Quebec without the CSQ

Soon!

Dec 8, 2013
Hello, I have quick question. If sponsor submitted application in a different province(in Alberta for example, was actually living there), but moved to Quebec(right before applicant got approved and got the visa). Does the applicant:
1: need the CSQ, if so, can they get it once they arrive in Quebec
2: need to land in Quebec, (can they do that without the CSQ)
3: Or they can only land or live in Alberta or different provinces except Quebec

Homefry

Jul 21, 2023
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-22-2023
AOR Received.
27-07-2023
We have similar questions. We applied outland (both Sponsor and PA are outside Canada). We put BC on our application but are considering other options depending on work opportunities. Is it too late to consider Quebec? And how would one switch mid-application? Hoping someone can shed some insight!

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
This is not a widely discussed scenario, but I believe that this likely to cause problems. Below is just my opinion based on sparsely available data on the subject.

This is a change of circumstances before landing. Remember, that one becomes PR only after successful landing. Destination province (especially when talking about QC) is material in terms of immigration process mainly for the purpose of sponsor approval and immigration quotas imposed by Quebec.

If I remember correctly, at landing, an officer will ask about any change in circumstances. Changing the province to Quebec will make the sponsor ineligible (as he never completed sponsorship application with MIFI) thus landing will be denied. Concealing this, may cause problems at later stages, for example when applying for citizenship.

I would recommend to consult an immigration lawyer before making the move.
I would also recommend to stay away from QC before getting the PR as you will be subject to Quebec's immigration quotas which may delay your application a lot.

Last edited:

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Stay away from QC until you get your PR, they ask for CSQ at the airport when you are landing and when you are doing your medical insurance and other places.. Get your PR 1st then move to QC if you want later but not during the process. QC has different rules.

Reactions: armoured and ERCAN

Soon!

Dec 8, 2013
Thanks for your replies.
If the visa already granted and the sponsor already moved right before the visa approval, what would be the best options for both Sponsor and PA?

1/ The sponsor moves out of Quebec and lives in another province
2/ The PA lives in another province for some times and then comes to Quebec
3/The PA lives in another province and then the sponsor joins him later on (as she would plan to move out of Quebec)
4/ Can a new address within Alberta be given at landing (as there's already an address change).

Thank you for your time

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Thanks for your replies.
If the visa already granted and the sponsor already moved right before the visa approval, what would be the best options for both Sponsor and PA?

1/ The sponsor moves out of Quebec and lives in another province
2/ The PA lives in another province for some times and then comes to Quebec
3/The PA lives in another province and then the sponsor joins him later on (as she would plan to move out of Quebec)
4/ Can a new address within Alberta be given at landing (as there's already an address change).

Thank you for your time
If the sponsor is planning to move out from QC anyway, just don't risk it. As I mentioned before when you do your landing in QC at the airport they will ask for CSQ. If the sponsor is planning to stay in QC, PA can lives in another province until they get their PR and medical insurance, SIN, etc.. (in 3months) then move to QC.
Yes you can give at the airport another address so they can send you the PR, they are asking you for an address that you are planning to stay there for 3 months. If you don't provide address on the spot they asked you to send the address online once you have one but that may delays your PR. (All the above info based in my own experience

Soon!

Dec 8, 2013
Good morning
If PA was finally able to land and was given the option to confirm online his address later on, can he then update the address to Québec (with no issues) while the application was initially done in Alberta?

Thank you for your time

Last edited: