+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
Hi Everyone Eid Mubrak to all fourm members
regards

M2C

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi qorax and seniors!

please help. i am still confused.

my family and i are planning to land next year. my wife and 2 children will stay in canada. while i go back to my current job and land again in 2013 to settle for good. i do not have the luxury of time to wait for my PR card. i will exit canada within 2 weeks of landing. from a previous post, you have told me that there is a strong likelihood that i will be asked to re-submit an ID picture. and that there is a deadline of 45 or 60 days.

since i cannot re-submit an ID pic within 45 or 60 days, may i know what happens? will they wait till i land again in 2013 or will they cancel my PR card application? if it is the latter, does it mean i will have to re-apply for a PR card when i land again in 2013?

what about my family? since i am the principal applicant, and i was not able to re-submit an ID picture, will they hold my family's PR cards? or my case will not affect them and they will still get their PR cards?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M2C said:
hi qorax and seniors!

please help. i am still confused.

my family and i are planning to land next year. my wife and 2 children will stay in canada. while i go back to my current job and land again in 2013 to settle for good. i do not have the luxury of time to wait for my PR card. i will exit canada within 2 weeks of landing. from a previous post, you have told me that there is a strong likelihood that i will be asked to re-submit an ID picture. and that there is a deadline of 45 or 60 days.

since i cannot re-submit an ID pic within 45 or 60 days, may i know what happens? will they wait till i land again in 2013 or will they cancel my PR card application? if it is the latter, does it mean i will have to re-apply for a PR card when i land again in 2013?

what about my family? since i am the principal applicant, and i was not able to re-submit an ID picture, will they hold my family's PR cards? or my case will not affect them and they will still get their PR cards?
It's okay. Just that in this situation, when you return in Canada in 2013, you might have to pay $50 for a new PR card. Nothing affects to the rest of your family and they will get their PR card eventually once landed in Canada and live there.

nilima_guha

Nov 13, 2011
qorax said:
U don't need to carry any of those -- they r irrelavant after COPR. Your agent has gone bonkers!
Qorax
Hello Mr.Qorax,

I am 41 years old and have 1 daughter, age 5+ and my husband (41 years). My husband working in hospitality industry. He worked in Dubai ( last as Resident Manager in Seashell Inn Hotel)(about 14 years till Nov,2009) and returned to India. At present he is working as DGM in a 4 star hotel. Both of we have completed our Bachelors from India (Kolkata). I have worked in India initially as Secretary, thereafter as Business Development Officer and at the same time run my own export-import trading business before my marriage. I got married and shifted in Dubai with my husband, there I worked about 4 1/2 years in the same export-import-general trading job. AS my husband returned in India, so I also have to return with my kid.

It was my dream since my childhood to get PR in Canada , so when I was going through the website and find so many valuable advises of you for others, so I thought if I can get your valuable advise for me, it will be very helpful for me. I need your advise for following matters :-

1> Honestly advise whether it will be a correct decision for me to apply for PR or not ?
2> If yes, whom you are advising to be the first applicant ( meant sponsor) me or my husband ?
3> I heard there have so many agent in these. Are they really trustworthy ? if you know anyone please give details of them.
4> What will be the fastest way for the same ? Because my daughter is already 5+ I want to set her education first.
5>From the website I understood for we three ( me, huband and kid) have to show around INR 12,00,000. Is it correct ? Pls confirm.
6> Do you think , in Canada there have enough job opportunities in hospitality as well as in trading sector, pls advise.

I am sorry, I asked a lot of questions to you. Thank you and take care, Nilima

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
just want some clarification Sir Qorax , is it true that if we're given a PR Visa, we will not be allowed to leave canada for 3 years? or else our PR status would be invalid? ::) ::) ::)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faithyou said:
just want some clarification Sir Qorax , is it true that if we're given a PR Visa, we will not be allowed to leave canada for 3 years? or else our PR status would be invalid? ::) ::) ::)
As long as you meet the 730 days rule in a 5 year period, you would be okay.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/730-day-rule-t88078.0.html;msg1104613#new

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
steaky said:
As long as you meet the 730 days rule in a 5 year period, you would be okay.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/730-day-rule-t88078.0.html;msg1104613#new
thanks a lot... so it means it doesn't matter how many times we goes out of canada as long as we meet the 730days rule...i quite understand now.... :-*

another question please... will it be ok to go out of canada right after receiving the PR Visa? ;D

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
faithyou said:
thanks a lot... so it means it doesn't matter how many times we goes out of canada as long as we meet the 730days rule...i quite understand now.... :-*

another question please... will it be ok to go out of canada right after receiving the PR Visa? ;D
you mean PR card?!? ofcourse yes, like me I will stay outside Canada for 1 year before I stay permanently in Canada.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
rslcanada said:
you mean PR card?!? ofcourse yes, like me I will stay outside Canada for 1 year before I stay permanently in Canada.
thanks ...goodluck... ;D ;D ;D

Oct 20, 2011
Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? - Qorax I NEED YOUR ADVICE.

Hi Qorax,

I just landed in Canada on October 6, 2011. What is bothering me is I could no longer ACCESS MY ECAS application status. I also checked the ECAS of my WIFE who is still in the Philippines but we could not also ACCESS her ECAS. Her immigrant visa will expire on May 2012.

Another issue, I was offered a job today by a US company here in Vancouver but they are asking me for my PR card as a requirement for BACK CHECK. They told me they will wait for my PR CARD until next week. What I was made to understand if I could not produce my PR card the US company will offer this job to someone else.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE ASAP

Team Vancouver

alizia

May 25, 2010
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0213 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2010
Doc's Request.
CC Charged on 30-07-2010
AOR Received.
21-OCT
IELTS Request
06-Mar
File Transfer...
07-DEC 2nd AOR.... 18 April 2011
Med's Request
case refused
Med's Done....
case refused
Interview........
case refused
Passport Req..
case refused
VISA ISSUED...
Nops
LANDED..........
Nops

Team Vancouver said:
Hi Qorax,

I just landed in Canada on October 6, 2011. What is bothering me is I could no longer ACCESS MY ECAS application status. I also checked the ECAS of my WIFE who is still in the Philippines but we could not also ACCESS her ECAS. Her immigrant visa will expire on May 2012.

Another issue, I was offered a job today by a US company here in Vancouver but they are asking me for my PR card as a requirement for BACK CHECK. They told me they will wait for my PR CARD until next week. What I was made to understand if I could not produce my PR card the US company will offer this job to someone else.

Team Vancouver

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Team Vancouver said:

Team Vancouver
Call the 1-888 CIC call centre toll free number immediately to check the status of your card! You would also want to explain to the US company that PR card rarely received within 1.5 months. Do they accept your SIN card?

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010

Being a Pharmacist and a permanent resident visa holder from Pakistan I want to know that
1) if it will take about 2-3 years in Canada in getting Pharmacist License then what what will be the most suitable job or work to do in Canada during this period.
2) What is the most suitable way to take funds and then invest in Canada.

Please guide, specially those who have already passed through this experience

Oct 20, 2011
Hi Qorax,

The US company is asking for two documents. The SIN and PR Card. I gave them my SIN CARD but they insisted that they need the PR card as well. They told me they will give me 2 weeks to present my PR card otherwise Im afraid my job offer will be cancelled.

I also called CIC hotline number 1-888-242-2100 but everything is an answering machine and no call agents are available to entertain my call.

My second concern I think my eCAS was hacked. I could no longer access my eCAS including the eCAS of my wife and 3 kids. Hope to hear from you SIR QORAX. I was not able to sleep last night because Im worried my eCAS could have been hacked. Thanks

Noel

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Team Vancouver said:
I also called CIC hotline number 1-888-242-2100 but everything is an answering machine and no call agents are available to entertain my call.

Noel
The number is correct but in order to speak with an agent, you have to key in several numbers using a touch-tone phone. Details:

http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre

With regards to your first question, I don't know why they ask for your PR card. SIN card already proves that you can work in Canada. Do they accept your passport, instead?