+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience in YYZ Toronto Pearson Intl - April 2019

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
A little bump, to confirm that PR Card processing upon landing don't require photos anymore. They simply use photos attached to the CoPR they take from you.
As described in first post, agent who processed us said it's not necessary anymore. I was a bit skeptical at first, but he was right. Our PR Cards just got approved and sent out in the mail.

Plus, PR Card take even less time now. 13 days as of April 28!
Did our landing on April 28th, and it was approved this morning May 9th.
Wow congrats!! So the PR journey is finally complete

Earlier it used to be 45 days right for PR cards to arrive? This is fast. Which they would show this kind of efficiency in processing EE applicants lol

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Wow congrats!! So the PR journey is finally complete

Earlier it used to be 45 days right for PR cards to arrive? This is fast. Which they would show this kind of efficiency in processing EE applicants lol
Thanks!
Yeah it used to take 45 Days, and even 60ish days before that. I even saw 88 days at some point.
I think they just removed the photo requirement which drastically removed the backlog generated by people who have to retake photos.

For EE processing, well... it used to take 2 years a while ago, and it was paper-based. So they did kinda bump their efficiency. :p

Reactions: SithLord

Nav sohal

Apr 23, 2019
Hi can you give an idea on importing things. How you planned that and by what shipment.?

Are these goods other than the luggage you took along?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi can you give an idea on importing things. How you planned that and by what shipment.?

Are these goods other than the luggage you took along?
Before going to Canada the first time, we did an inventory of all the stuff we have, and decide what we sell, what we give away, and what we ship later.
We gave our list of goods to CBSA and stamped, but we havn't decided by what shipment method. We'll have different services quoted for that.
Yes it's all the goods other than your luggage. The list you make is all about "unaccompanied goods".

Reactions: Nav sohal

Nav sohal

Apr 23, 2019
Before going to Canada the first time, we did an inventory of all the stuff we have, and decide what we sell, what we give away, and what we ship later.
We gave our list of goods to CBSA and stamped, but we havn't decided by what shipment method. We'll have different services quoted for that.
Yes it's all the goods other than your luggage. The list you make is all about "unaccompanied goods".
Thanks. Going through same phase deciding what to take and what to leave. Should say have to discard lot of stuff to meet luggage requirements.

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks for sharing! Very helpful indeed. What do you mean by "goods imported at landing"? Does it mean the luggage that we bring with us? So you're saying there's no need to declare any of it? And regarding the "goods to follow" is it something that will be sent to us to Canada later on?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for sharing! Very helpful indeed. What do you mean by "goods imported at landing"? Does it mean the luggage that we bring with us? So you're saying there's no need to declare any of it? And regarding the "goods to follow" is it something that will be sent to us to Canada later on?
You're welcome.
Goods imported at landing, meaning whatever is in your suitcase, doesn't require specific additional forms. It's already covered in the electronic declaration card you'll fill in upon landing.
Goods to follow (also called unaccompanied goods) are the goods you'll be bringing in later to Canada. Those need to be listed in forms B186, and if more space is needed, form B186A. Take photos of each jewellery item.

This info comes straight from the words of CBSA.

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
You're welcome.
Goods imported at landing, meaning whatever is in your suitcase, doesn't require specific additional forms. It's already covered in the electronic declaration card you'll fill in upon landing.
Goods to follow (also called unaccompanied goods) are the goods you'll be bringing in later to Canada. Those need to be listed in forms B186, and if more space is needed, form B186A. Take photos of each jewellery item.

This info comes straight from the words of CBSA.
I see. Can we bring all our jewelry with us in the first landing, beside the 10,000 CAD cash?

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
thanks for this. Did they send your PR to a temporary address? I don't expect to have a permanent address weeks after I land and I am also not staying friends/relatives so I am trying to decide what to do with PR address.

chappque

May 7, 2019
Can someone help me out here please? I have some jewelry here in India, and an not planning to take them along to Canada. But I am advised to declare all of my valuables, whether I am planning to bring them along or not just to be on the safer side, and tell the customs, they will be brought later. Is that ok? How much later is later? I mean is there a time period for which this declaration is valid?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I see. Can we bring all our jewelry with us in the first landing, beside the 10,000 CAD cash?
Yes you can of course.
The 10,000 CA$ limit is for cash and monetary instruments.
But to be clear, it's not that you're not allowed to bring more than 10,000CA$. It's just the amount at or above which you need to declare it. You can bring as much cash as you want. It just needs to be declared.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
thanks for this. Did they send your PR to a temporary address? I don't expect to have a permanent address weeks after I land and I am also not staying friends/relatives so I am trying to decide what to do with PR address.
Yes I received my PR Card at my friend's address exactly 11 days after my initial landing date.
If you really don't have any address to give, that's okay. You can just provide it later online once you have a permanent address. CBSA will provide you with a link to follow.
If you have to leave Canada before receiving your PR Card, you can just apply for PRTD in the consulate/embassy in your home country.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Can someone help me out here please? I have some jewelry here in India, and an not planning to take them along to Canada. But I am advised to declare all of my valuables, whether I am planning to bring them along or not just to be on the safer side, and tell the customs, they will be brought later. Is that ok? How much later is later? I mean is there a time period for which this declaration is valid?
Yes, it's advised to list them, photograph them, and declare them, because you indeed never know if you'll eve change your mind.
I can tell you for sure 100% that there is no time limit on when you can bring the stuff. CBSA agent's own words, as I asked this exact same question.
The tax waiver receipt you'll be given is valid indefinitely for all items listed and attached to it, and stamped by CBSA.
They'll cross out items one by one as they come into Canada.

chappque

May 7, 2019
Yes, it's advised to list them, photograph them, and declare them, because you indeed never know if you'll eve change your mind.
I can tell you for sure 100% that there is no time limit on when you can bring the stuff. CBSA agent's own words, as I asked this exact same question.
The tax waiver receipt you'll be given is valid indefinitely for all items listed and attached to it, and stamped by CBSA.
They'll cross out items one by one as they come into Canada.
Thanks for the reply,
1. let's say I declare an item, will it be accepted even if I bring it it after 5 yrs?
2. What all should I declare? Only valuables? I HV a huge collection of books do I need to declare them too? The value doesn't total to even 200$?
3. Another doubt is , my wife will land at a later date. Can she bring in items that I HV declared?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for the reply,
1. let's say I declare an item, will it be accepted even if I bring it it after 5 yrs?
2. What all should I declare? Only valuables? I HV a huge collection of books do I need to declare them too? The value doesn't total to even 200$?
3. Another doubt is , my wife will land at a later date. Can she bring in items that I HV declared?
1. Yes. It will be accepted after X years.
2. If they are "Unaccompanied Goods", technically yes you need to list them in the forms so that you don't pay any taxes on them when you ship them to Canada.
3.Yes.