+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed at niagara border with incorrect original date of entry(Landing Exp)

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Olex said:
Thanks! So peeps at the border _for sure_ cannot do that? Or is it up to immigration officer?
I am not sure whether they can do at the border. I have read experiences on this forum where the amendments didn't happen at the border . So if you have time, suggest you do the landing at CIC office and get all the errors corrected.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cabalen said:
The Citizenship Rule will change this June 2015. It will be now 4 out of 6 years. The days will count starting from PR and the half days will during non-PR will not be counted anymore.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?crtr.sj1D=&crtr.mnthndVl=12&mthd=advSrch&crtr.dpt1D=6664&nid=832219&crtr.lc1D=&crtr.tp1D=930&crtr.yrStrtVl=2008&crtr.kw=&crtr.dyStrtVl=1&crtr.aud1D=&crtr.mnthStrtVl=1&crtr.page=4&crtr.yrndVl=2014&crtr.dyndVl=31

So the wrong entry will not really matter but it is our responsibility to inform CIC about the mistake.

Mine was wrong also and I've landed successfully. I have already sent the amendment form and may take 6 months to hear from CIC again.
Thanks Cabalen!!

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
I am trying to find info how to land at CIC Office, but they say you need to be invited.... How can I make an appointment?

Also, has anybody landed at Toronto Pearson without physically flying off anywhere?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Olex said:
I trying to find info how to land at CIC Office, but they say you need to be invited.... How can I make an appointment?

Also, has anybody landed at Toronto Pearson without physically flying off anywhere?
When you received your COPR, there will be a document along with it that informs you about the option to land at CIC office and the number to call. Here is the number to call 1-888-242-2100.

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
Well, it is their standard number.... I tried couple of times today and for the love of me cannot understand which option is mine to make an appointment. Or is it just the question of getting to speak with an agent on whichever option?

MapleLeafCEC

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
2211/ 2134
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Twice: PCC for UK in Sept 2014 and Additional documents from work to support NOC in Nov 2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Interview........
Waived... RPRF: 06-11-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
So I landed at Rainbow Bridge on Sat, April 18, 2015. My original date of entry was incorrect too but I couldn't wait to land at the CIC office because I need my PR card asap to be able to travel. I pointed out the mistake in the copr to the officer and he said yeah that date doesn't mean anything. And tbh I believe him. CIC wouldn't make the exact same mistake in so many COPRs. Seems like they just pick a random date. And later on for citizenship application, your calculations will be based off the information in gcms which is associated with your UCI. I highly doubt CIC would make so many mistakes if they depended on COPR for this calculation. They have all your records. It seems like its just a formality.

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
So we landed last night at Rainbow Bridge with incorrect original entry date. Brought that email with us and showed to the officer. He was a bit upset as he has absolutely no way to make any kind of changes there. But he wrote on my husband's CoPR a little note saying that the date is incorrect and should have been this instead. And signed of course. He did add that he has no idea if that helps at all, but I just might shoot another email to see what Ottawa people have to say about that. Will update if I get any news.

Other than that - very smooth, very few cars, no people inside so from crossing border to getting back into our car with validated CoPR it took 1 hour exactly for 3 people.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Hi Friends,

Yesterday I landed at Rainbow bridge with my family. There were no queue both side and visa officers are nice and polite. We landed very smoothly with completed all processing in 30 min. Then after, we went to Niagara falls but, weather was very cold and freeze.

In my corp, entry date is wrong and I insisted to change but officer told me that they can't do anything here. But he told me that date is not wrong but that was your last entry date in Canada as per database. I said that's true. So he don't me that no need to worry about entry date. Congratulation and Enjoy your trip and food at Niagara.

I asked again that what about citizenship and it will create any issue. Then he told me that there were no issue because you can show your all proof and in-out date. Immigration have your all dates and data.

My wife told that forget about entry date and don't do more discussion with officer. Let's go and enjoy at Niagara. :p

Finally we landed at Niagara. :) :)

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Olex said:
So we landed last night at Rainbow Bridge with incorrect original entry date. Brought that email with us and showed to the officer. He was a bit upset as he has absolutely no way to make any kind of changes there. But he wrote on my husband's CoPR a little note saying that the date is incorrect and should have been this instead. And signed of course. He did add that he has no idea if that helps at all, but I just might shoot another email to see what Ottawa people have to say about that. Will update if I get any news.

Other than that - very smooth, very few cars, no people inside so from crossing border to getting back into our car with validated CoPR it took 1 hour exactly for 3 people.
Hey Congrats :)

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
sjulien said:
Hi Friends,

Yesterday I landed at Rainbow bridge with my family. There were no queue both side and visa officers are nice and polite. We landed very smoothly with completed all processing in 30 min. Then after, we went to Niagara falls but, weather was very cold and freeze.

In my corp, entry date is wrong and I insisted to change but officer told me that they can't do anything here. But he told me that date is not wrong but that was your last entry date in Canada as per database. I said that's true. So he don't me that no need to worry about entry date. Congratulation and Enjoy your trip and food at Niagara.

I asked again that what about citizenship and it will create any issue. Then he told me that there were no issue because you can show your all proof and in-out date. Immigration have your all dates and data.

My wife told that forget about entry date and don't do more discussion with officer. Let's go and enjoy at Niagara. :p

Finally we landed at Niagara. :) :)
Congrats :)
So you landed by Car ? at what time ?

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
Thanks!

We arrived at the border at 9 pm and left precisely at 10 pm. No people, but we waited a bit for our refusal letter from US side. Not sure what was the issue, perhaps it was our daughter who in fact has passport from visa exempt country. Maybe they were deciding whether or not to put an actual stamp in her passport.)))) Anyway, it is done, we are pretty happy now.

And I agree with previous folk saying I do not really see this incorrect original entry date as a problem. I have all my stamps and I have our old work permits stating that date. For sure CIC has all that stashed somewhere. And of course, all the stamps in passports. We keep all our old passport precisely for such funny moments.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
I traveled through Car. If you are going in the weekdays then, much easy to travel through car because you can go to Niagara Downtown and spend quality time with family over there.

CEC_1304 said:
Congrats :)
So you landed by Car ? at what time ?

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
I have received CORP but the data of entry is blank for me and my wife :'(
We have entered Canada a year ago.
Do I need to return the passport to CPC Ottawa, do i need to call CIC or I can just do the landing?

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
atapiat said:
I have received CORP but the data of entry is blank for me and my wife :'(
We have entered Canada a year ago.
Do I need to return the passport to CPC Ottawa, do i need to call CIC or I can just do the landing?
Just land. They will sometimes correct it. If not, send them the amendment. You'll be ok.