+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed at niagara border with incorrect original date of entry(Landing Exp)

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
it also might affect your citizenship application
when they calculate your eligibility.
saro2014 said:
Hi nov1061,

Thanks for your reply.At this point i don't know whether am going to go through this long process or not but is it mandatory to change the dates?
Hi,
it is not mandatory to change the dates. You can easily land without any problem and forget the dates. But in future when calculating your years (retirement ...). It also may affect your citizenship application
when they calculate your eligibility. It's up to you accept incorrect dates or not.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I also have same issue in COPR(Wrong Original date of entry).

I am going to send application form (IMM 1436) and a copy of study permit (issued to me on date of landing) and copy of PP(first stamp) to support my claim. I think that's the only documents are need to correct Original date of Entry.

Any suggestions?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Goku said:

I am going to send application form (IMM 1436) and a copy of study permit (issued to me on date of landing) and copy of PP(first stamp) to support my claim. I think that's the only documents are need to correct Original date of Entry.

Any suggestions?
Hi,
you are OK to send the form with the copy of required documents. Good luck.

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
Hello !

Got our CoPR yesterday and the same issue - PA's original date of entry is incorrect. What is up with that and CIC? I can see from this thread that we can still land with no problem, but obviously would not want anything to interfere with subsequent citizenship application. Funny thing is our daughter's CoPR had _no dates_ as original and last date of entry. She recently got new passport so there were no dates in it (I suppose). How that might impact citizenship application?

Thanks!

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
I had the same problem with incorrect dates and I chose to land at CIC office. They corrected the dates there itself.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goku said:

Any suggestions?
Goku, did u hear anything from them? I am in same situation.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nov1061 said:
it also might affect your citizenship application
when they calculate your eligibility.
Hi,
it is not mandatory to change the dates. You can easily land without any problem and forget the dates. But in future when calculating your years (retirement ...). It also may affect your citizenship application
when they calculate your eligibility. It's up to you accept incorrect dates or not.
I don't think so, as citizenship rules are changing and by the time we all r eligble, I donno what other things r gonna change.. ???
not sure abt the retirement benefits though..

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
Toronto2013 said:
I had the same problem with incorrect dates and I chose to land at CIC office. They corrected the dates there itself.
Thanks! So peeps at the border _for sure_ cannot do that? Or is it up to immigration officer?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Sure it will impact calculation for Residency Citizenship.

Refer : https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

It says:
absences from Canada may have an impact on your residence. Only a citizenship judge can determine if you meet the residence requirements with fewer than 1,095 days of physical presence.

Click on "New calculation" link and it will ask you when you entered first time in canada

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
More info form Link :

only the four (4) years preceding the date of your application are taken into account;
each day you lived in Canada before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day;
each day you lived in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;
time spent serving a sentence for an offence in Canada (e.g. prison, penitentiary, jail, reformatory, conditional sentence, probation and/or parole) cannot be counted toward residence - there are some exceptions to this rule;
absences from Canada may have an impact on your residence. Only a citizenship judge can determine if you meet the residence requirements with fewer than 1,095 days of physical presence.

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
Forgot to mention, that last night after discovering the mistake with original landing date, we sent an email to CIC to the address shown on cover letter that accompanied CoPR. Just now received a reply:

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your application for Permanent Residence.

This confirms acknowledgement of your email indicating that a mistake has been found on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.

Please note that the following changes will be made at the Port of Entry and are NOT required to be corrected prior to landing:

· Height

· Eye colour

· Date of original entry

· Date of last entry

· Address

Your document is valid until: ***. Please have your landing done before the expiry date.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa/Centre de traitement des demandes – Ottawa - AM10735
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Olex said:
Forgot to mention, that last night after discovering the mistake with original landing date, we sent an email to CIC to the address shown on cover letter that accompanied CoPR. Just now received a reply:
Thanks for sharing
So CBSA officer can correct this at border ? :eek:

But why they don't do that

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Olex , CIC replied to your Query in 1 Day?

You can take email printout and show at border if they deny to do changes

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
These are my intentions exactly! Will print it out and insist they do it. Will try for sure. ;D

I was positively shocked to have received it so soon!!!!! Don't think that ever happened before.

And will report after it is done.

Can someone quickly tell me if I can do landing same way as Niagara bridge, but at Toronto Pearson? Or is that a myth? Sorry, I know it's not the right thread, but I got nothing in the other one so far.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
CEC_1304 said:
More info form Link :

only the four (4) years preceding the date of your application are taken into account;
each day you lived in Canada before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day;
each day you lived in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;
time spent serving a sentence for an offence in Canada (e.g. prison, penitentiary, jail, reformatory, conditional sentence, probation and/or parole) cannot be counted toward residence - there are some exceptions to this rule;
The Citizenship Rule will change this June 2015. It will be now 4 out of 6 years. The days will count starting from PR and the half days will during non-PR will not be counted anymore.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?crtr.sj1D=&crtr.mnthndVl=12&mthd=advSrch&crtr.dpt1D=6664&nid=832219&crtr.lc1D=&crtr.tp1D=930&crtr.yrStrtVl=2008&crtr.kw=&crtr.dyStrtVl=1&crtr.aud1D=&crtr.mnthStrtVl=1&crtr.page=4&crtr.yrndVl=2014&crtr.dyndVl=31

So the wrong entry will not really matter but it is our responsibility to inform CIC about the mistake.

Mine was wrong also and I've landed successfully. I have already sent the amendment form and may take 6 months to hear from CIC again.