+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA Passport Turn Around Time

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
The Consulate doesn't mail the passports back via UPS or any other courier companies. Their instructions ask you to send passport by United States Postal Service (USPS ) Express Mail Flat Rate envelope . They will return your passports by USPS regular mail.

pg238 said:
LA consulate received my passport on July 5th. I sent it via UPS. I included a return envelope too. I checked on July 11th. The return envelope is not activated. Can someone please let me know if LA consulate sends the passports via UPS?

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
monica_lodestar

The return envelope i included was priority mail not express mail. Will they use this or they will send using regular mail ?

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
From what I understood ,they prefer using USPS - it could be Express Mail , Priority mail or Regular mail . So I am assuming they will use your Priority mail envelope as long as its pre-paid and self-addressed.

There are others who have used Priority mail instead of Express mail and they should be able to comment better.

shradzsaraf said:
monica_lodestar

The return envelope i included was priority mail not express mail. Will they use this or they will send using regular mail ?

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
monica_lodestar

Thanks monica. There is one more thing I wanted to ask you. I had sent a cashier's cheque for the payment of the application fees along with the entire application package on june 7. the cheque has till now not been encashed. Does this mean they have not yet even opened my file? I am getting very anxious

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
Shradzsaraf : I had paid online when I uploaded my application. I dont know anything about paying by cashiers check . Sorry :(

shradzsaraf said:
monica_lodestar

Thanks monica. There is one more thing I wanted to ask you. I had sent a cashier's cheque for the payment of the application fees along with the entire application package on june 7. the cheque has till now not been encashed. Does this mean they have not yet even opened my file? I am getting very anxious

rakreddy

Jun 25, 2013
Passports are delivered today.. Sent 2 passports using one express mail envelope and included only one return envelope. LA consulate returned both stamped passports in one envelope. Good luck to everyone..

Timelines:
Online: June 17
PP request: July 4 (Yes, July 4th)
Sent to LA: July 8
Received at LA: July 9
Return activated: July 11
Delivery attempt1: July 12
Re Delivery: July 13

vgkrishna

Jul 15, 2013
Anyone submitted TRV application through mail after PAFSO strike and received passport with CandaTRV?

I have applied TRV through mail and LA office received application & passport on June 10.

Money Order Enchased on June 24 and still waiting for the passport with visa.

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
karanjitcheema : Has your USPS return envelope been activated ?

karanjitcheema said:
Timeline:
Applied Online: 21 June
PP Request: 10 July
PP sent to LA: 10 July
PP received at LA: --
USPS return activated : --
Delivered : --

Jun 19, 2013
@monica_lodestar: not yet. they seem to have suddenly gone slow. kindly update when urs gets activated. i will do the same.

monica_lodestar said:
karanjitcheema : Has your USPS return envelope been activated ?

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
Your timeline is identical to mine. I will update when it gets activated. I am scheduled to leave on July 23. I hope I can get the passports before that . Was very hopeful since they were moving alone really fast ( 2 to 3 days turn around time ) . However now I am getting really concerned. Fingers crossed.

karanjitcheema said:
@ monica_lodestar: not yet. they seem to have suddenly gone slow. kindly update when urs gets activated. i will do the same.

Jun 19, 2013
@monica_lodestar: the reutrn ticket just got activated.

Timeline:
PP received at LA: 11 July
USPS return activated : 17 July
Delivered : -

monica_lodestar said:
Your timeline is identical to mine. I will update when it gets activated. I am scheduled to leave on July 23. I hope I can get the passports before that . Was very hopeful since they were moving alone really fast ( 2 to 3 days turn around time ) . However now I am getting really concerned. Fingers crossed.

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
Did you get an email from CIC ?

karanjitcheema said:
@ monica_lodestar: the reutrn ticket just got activated.

Timeline:
PP received at LA: 11 July
USPS return activated : 17 July
Delivered : -