+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

kitchener Citizenship processing times!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hello all, Any update guys?! I called CIC and knew that my file has been transferred to Kitchener, however, it still shows "In Process" on their website! Whenever I call they say the file looks normal but it might take months till I take the test! Anyone with a similar timeline...I applied on August 2011.
Thanks!

delphillip

Aug 22, 2012
My file was transferred to Kitchener local office as well on August 23rd. I am still waiting for test letter. My information on CIC website has not been updated yet.

Application sent: October 11, 2011

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 24, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 24, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 17, 2012.

I applied for the citizenship together with my wife. My wife got a RQ on August this year, so I assume my application will be delayed as well.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hey guys, Congrats to those who crossed the border of citizenship lately :) I just want to know if any Kitchener applicant has been called for the TEST recently?! Anyone with Middle Eastern/Islamic heritage has faced any troubles in the Kitchener office?! Also, if you don't receive any mail notices and you kept calling them, and the CIC kept saying your file is still in process and background check! Your feedback is always giving us a kind of relief and HOPE :) Thanks!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
PLEASE, Any Kitchener applicant has been called for the TEST recently?! Anyone with Middle Eastern/Islamic heritage has faced any troubles in the Kitchener office?! Also, if you don't receive any mail notices and you kept calling them, and the CIC kept saying your file is still in process and background check! How long does BACKGROUND CHECK take?! Your feedback is always giving us a kind of relief and HOPE Smiley Thanks!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hey guys, Today I was told that my file is okay now and that I am in the queue waiting for a Test date...anyone has got a test invitation lately?! Also, if you are renewing your PR and at the same time waiting to take the test soon and hopefully the oath soon after, will they just lay your PR renwal aside since no need to process it?! Please help! Thanks

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
delphillip said:
I don't think the waiting time is very long..
CIC is very slow recently... It is normal if one case has been completed within 19 months
I applied on Sep 2011 and received residence questionnair in July 2012, I send all req'd docs by Aug 2012, and still no reply

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
egyo said:
@ layla.bee Kitchener office?!! Did you apply for PR renewal as well?!!
Yes kitchener office. My PR was expiring this year in april. I did apply for PR in dec and got it in 3 weeks in Jan 2013.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
But RQ submitted on Aug 2012 is a year of processing...so strange! Didn't you try calling them and get sense of what is going on?! Our family had RQ as well submitted last April, and they said it has been processed and expect a test soon.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Any idea when will be the next test date in Kitchener?! Anyone received a test letter lately?!!

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
egyo said:
But RQ submitted on Aug 2012 is a year of processing...so strange! Didn't you try calling them and get sense of what is going on?! Our family had RQ as well submitted last April, and they said it has been processed and expect a test soon.
I called CIC and they said it takes almost 3 years to process the Citizenshoip Application, if the RQ was required. I submitted my application in Sep 2011, and they said to wait until Aug 2014. I hope they expedite the process.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
egyo said:
PLEASE, Any Kitchener applicant has been called for the TEST recently?! Anyone with Middle Eastern/Islamic heritage has faced any troubles in the Kitchener office?! Also, if you don't receive any mail notices and you kept calling them, and the CIC kept saying your file is still in process and background check! How long does BACKGROUND CHECK take?! Your feedback is always giving us a kind of relief and HOPE Smiley Thanks!
It's possible your CSIS clearance hasn't been completed, which can take a year or longer for some Middle Easterners.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
layla.bee said:
I called CIC and they said it takes almost 3 years to process the Citizenshoip Application, if the RQ was required. I submitted my application in Sep 2011, and they said to wait until Aug 2014. I hope they expedite the process.
Get a copy of ATIP (GCMS notes) to find out what's going on.