+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Psalm 75

May 25, 2011
Good Morning,
I haven't been on this site for a lon...............................g time :( My computer caught a virus, so I am actually using my work computer, which is actually convienent for me right now. I am patiently waiting to hear from Kgn again. Well, my husband is awaiting to hear from Kgn as well. There have been no updates from Ecas. I did email Kgn last month and this was their response to my email:

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.
Regards,

Immigration Section

Kingston, Jamaica

I want to know what happens now, since I now know it's in process. Can anyone tell me what it precisely means? Is the next step by Kgn good news for me?

Awaiting clarification.

Thank you soo much. I really miss my husband :(

Psalm 75

May 25, 2011
FYI.......

My husbands' police record and medical have expired July. (I know we did wayyyyyyyy to early). Will that delay the application and processing time significantly?

Psalm 75

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning all, so sorry that you didnt get any good news Irving, just BS, but thats kgn as we know them to be.

Hoping someeone get some update today.

Mrs Proper

Apr 2, 2011
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-20-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Request
redo May 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct19,2011
VISA ISSUED...
oct 25,2011
LANDED..........
landed in toronto oct 27,2011
Psalm- I'm not an expert but seeing that its expired they will send you a med re-do form. And yea it will delay it but I'm not sure how long, some ppl its delayed them 1 mth and others 3.
Good morning everyone!! Day 1 of my lil vacation :D I'm gonna enjoy the sun with the kids today and maybe go to the beach. Have a great day everyone. Hopefully when I chk back in I see some updates or I get to post my own update lol

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
hello everyone,

just catching up....

irving and psalm - sounds like you both got their generic responses that don't always make sense. in 2010 the KG website said if you did not hear from them or receive an AOR within 8 weeks of them receiving the file to contact them. I waited the 8 weeks then emailed...twice....no response. So I contacted my MP, she got a response within 2 weeks however, they sent her the wrong file number and name for the PR applicant...that's how efficient they are. My husband conveniently received the AOR just before the IO responded to my MP...I was able to provide the right file number to the MP who then emailed the IO back asking which file number was correct. The IO responded that it was a typo (not an error on her part) and gave the same generic response psalm got. It wasn't much but at least it was something! oh and my MP said based on her experience with KG she had to be careful with her wording in her inquiries as the IO's there were not as friendly or helpful as other offices and she didn't want to get on the IO's bad side cause if that happened, she may not get any info at all.

irving - I can't believe they said they don't send the AOR until the completion of the file? wow, that seems to be how they are doing things these days but logically it doesn't seem right. What's the point of calling it an Acknowledgement of Receipt for?

psalm - it will delay the processing as they will have to send you a written request to re-do both with a deadline date. they will send you a medical form for the re-do so wait for that request in the mail. I can't say how long the delay will be, some see a 60 day delay, some see less and some see more.

mrs p - you really should contact your MP and have them light a fire under KG's butt! according to my MP, it is law that they must respond to a Federal MP and if they do not, there are consequences. (not sure what those are or if anything ever does happen) but it's been too long and seemingly they are not paying attention to your emails (typical of them) Just remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease....start making some noise and you may get some answers.

I know it's tough but please try to hang in there ladies!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE ;D :D :D
HIGHLY FAVORED has her passport and she is landing in Canada on Monday she hopes her story is an encouragement to any that may need a boost

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
HIGHLY FAVORED congrats my girl, you are finally going home to hubby, best wishes and safe travel, hurry up with the landing story.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Member of Parliament contacting one is best when your application basically is at a standstill and u have gone over the 17mths wait time there are some MP's that will help u een though u may not have reached the 17mths but they may tell you to wait, it wouldn't hurt if u contact 1 but they may still get the same generic email that you got that your application has been received and it is in progress

Mrs Proper

Apr 2, 2011
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-20-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Request
redo May 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct19,2011
VISA ISSUED...
oct 25,2011
LANDED..........
landed in toronto oct 27,2011
Good Morning everyone!!!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and hopefully kgn squeezes some more updates in before the weekend!! ;D

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
BIG congrats out to Ebony and Highly Flavoured!!!! I love happy stories!!!!!!!! Bless to all!

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning all

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
congrats to highlyflavoured!

jahlove - how are you? how are holding up?

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
I looked up the website for KG to see if things had changed re: responding to inquiries....here is what they say: (hopefully this is helpful to some of you)

Please note that if the information requested is available on our website or on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website (www.cic.gc.ca), we will not provide a response to your message.

Please include all of your questions in a single message. In order to serve all clients better, we will not respond to multiple messages from the same client.Useful Links

•For information specific to this office including how to apply, see Visas and Immigration.
•Average processing times at this office
•Who may represent you
•For general information, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
•To help you plan a temporary stay or make Canada your new home, visit the Live in Canada page.

Making enquiries about...
...sponsoring your family: For family members in Canada sponsoring overseas applicants, you can get information on citizenship and immigration programs in Canada by using the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Call Centre automated telephone service or speaking with a Call Centre agent. The Call Centre can also provide you with application forms for sponsoring your relatives from Canada and can make address changes for your address in Canada. You must be in Canada to use the CIC Call Centre.

...confirming receipt of documents and bank drafts: In order to best use our resources, we will not confirm whether we have received your documents. If you would like such confirmation, you can send your documents by registered mail. If you would like confirmation that we have processed your bank draft or transfer, you can contact the bank that issued the draft or made the transfer.

...an application in process: If you already have an application at our office, we will answer your question only if our average processing time has been exceeded or if there is a problem. Otherwise, you should assume that your file is proceeding normally. Processing time starts when your complete application has been received in our office and ends on the day the final decision (i.e. approval/refusal) leaves our office.

Citizenship and Immigration provides an on-line service to check your application status, e-CAS, for certain categories of immigration applications.

Keep reading to find out how to make a case-specific enquiry.

Instructions for making an enquiry...
•Choose ONE method of communication: email or mail. Do not send repeat enquiries and do not send the same enquiry by multiple means because this creates confusion and can delay our reply.
•We will only respond to enquiries sent in one of the official languages – English or French.
•Include the following with your enquiry:

◦file number, if available
◦full name
◦date of birth
◦mailing address
◦email address, if you agree to email communications*
◦telephone and fax number
◦nationality

...in person or by phone
In order to best use our resources, we do not accept enquiries in person or by phone. If your enquiry is urgent due to factors outside of your control, send an e-mail clearly indicating “URGENT:” followed by the reason for the urgency.

...by e-mail
Use this webform to send an e-mail to the Accra visa office for both general and case specific enquiries.

After you have sent your e-mail, you will receive an automatic message acknowledging that we have received your enquiry. This message will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered on the webform. If you do not receive this message within 24 hours, then it may be in your junk mail box or you may have entered your email address incorrectly.

*By supplying your email address (in your enquiry or previously in your application), you have initiated an email communication with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). By this action, you have authorized CIC to use the email address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your email address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the electronic disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party.

...by mail
Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission
P.O. Box 1500
Kingston 10
Jamaica

Enquiries by friends, relatives or representatives
You are not obliged to hire a representative for immigration and refugee matters. The Government of Canada treats everyone equally, whether they use the services of a representative or not.

However, if you wish to appoint a representative (an immigration consultant, lawyer, friend, family member, etc.), who will conduct business with us on your behalf, see information on use of a representative.

However if you just wish to designate someone to obtain information about your case (e.g. the status of your application) or to notify our office of a change in your address, then consult the release of information to an individual page. The individual you designate will not be a representative who can conduct business with us on your behalf.

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Nae-Nae i am good, just wishing they would release me so i can start my family, i am not getting any younger, lol.
All in all though i am here taking the bitter with the sweet, holding strong to God and keep on praying for that miracle.

How is the little one doing?