AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
nice to see you checking in Angella.. :)

I have also stayed at the royal decameron before and its nice, cheap, small, on the strip, not even 5 min taxi from the airport, food is good and they have 3 little beach areas - i found the one on the far right of the property was always empty so me and hubby had fun over there.. we got a long with the entertainment staff really well, i couldnt do much that trip because for those who remember i tripped over my luggage the night before i went to JA and broke my toe and couldnt walk properly..(i left my suitcase out on the floor to finish packing and tripped on it by accident after a few glasses of red wine to calm me nerves) went to the doctors before i left and they confirmed it was broken - it was obvious tho, swollen, 95 degree angle and black n blue... who would of thought a broken toe could make you not be able to walk.. what a bummer that was! LOL only thing to do was tape my toe to the next one and keep my feet above my heart to calm the swellin.. jesum!!

if you go to tripadvisor you can search all the hotels and get good reviews - you can also visit the forum and ask questions too!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well then I will be looking into the Decameron since its coming from ppl who have stayed there. I was thinking maybe Aug since its our anniversary of meeting and wedding. And plus time away from the everyday crazies and kids we need that. :D

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
August should be cheap glo!! they have done some rennovations on the hotel this year. Look at my vacation pics on FB from Oct and June/July. We stayed there those 2 times. I have also stayed there 3 times before that too lol gotta love the cheap ones!!! and it's more of an adult place...not too many kids

oh and I only have this Friday off work since I just took 5 days vacation and 2 sick days....can't really take too much more off right now.

YardieMy

Sep 30, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-02-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Request
01-02-2011
Med's Done....
11-09-2009 & 18-03-2011
Interview........
01-02-2011
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2011
LANDED..........
20-08-2011
Decameron is fine! That's where I met my husband. It's a nice place to stay. Food is great, rooms are clean and it's close of everything! Didn't go since 2008 but that's where I used to go everytime I was going to JA. My friend just came back and she loved it :)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
argh stupid backspace key ate my post...

lets see, from memory...

charlie... yay! almost there... buy a bottle of something and crack it when you submitt.. i cracked a tub of haagen daaz when i submitted... but i was 39.9 weeks pregnant (my son was born the next morning via scheduled csection)... but i cracked a tub of haagen daaz if my shoes and socks both matched!

nae... 2 more days! yay! so exciting!!!!!

Glo... try grand pineapple in Negril too... they have great deals and a great location on the 7mile beach... if you go first weekend in August, it's ATI time in Negril.. crazy day/night parties up and down the beach, i've gone a few years for that purpose alone.. half of kingston heads to the "country" :) may or may not be your thing! ... and i should add that i agree with kc, tripadvisor is a great place to get info... it's not just because i'm a DE (destination expert) there lol... lots of good stuff... it's the best travel site out there...

kc... ow on the toe deal!!!

Sheraig.... good to see you girlie... keep your chin up

Randy... congrats on the sponsorship approval!

Canuck... glad the mrs is adjusting, i wouldn't walk 20 minutes in that sort of cold... nope... she's brave!

Angella.. hey, good to see you... everything good? Hubby settling in ok?

hey/welcome to yardie, iambless, indy, child and everyone else i've missed...

so i'm in planning mode for a trip next winter to the blue lagoon.. but not jamaica's own, but the one in (and yes, i believe i'm certifiably insane) ICELAND!?!?! but seriously, check this out... www.bluelagoon.com and tell me it doesn't look amazing?! and then you have the northern lights on top of it all? i'm on a kick to see more of the world before it comes to it's end in 2012 (lol), so now Iceland and Peru (Manchu Picchu) are at the top of my list... dream big!

okay... whenever i get in serious getway planning mode it means i'm swamped at work and procrastinating... better go work on these slides before i fall asleep at the laptop...

take care all... tommorrow should be a busy day, kgn been too quiet!

YardieMy

Sep 30, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-02-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Request
01-02-2011
Med's Done....
11-09-2009 & 18-03-2011
Interview........
01-02-2011
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2011
LANDED..........
20-08-2011
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE !!!!!!

OMG! I'm freaking out! Today is my 12 month mark for Kingston. I was home doing nothing and I saw that I had miss call on my phone and the number is 613 area. As I never have anyone calling me from that area I decided to check my voice mail as my voice mail light was flashing. I never ever take messages at home but I was too curious.
And there it was! A message from the embassy. The lady said that they tried to reach him but they were not able to and he had been schedule for an interview on Feb 1 at 8. I wished they would have accept our file without interview but better that then nothing. Only thing they requested is his passport... I'm wondering... no orginal docs or anything... I'm ging to tell him to bring his originals, the phone bills, Western Union receit and 2 letters supporting our relationship. Anything else you guys think about?
I wonder why they want his passport as his meds are expired and he will have to do it back...
OMG I can't think anymore!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Yardie... well an interview means they're doing something, and i bet he'll ace it... I think they ask for ppt for identity confirmation purposes... and yes, it can't hurt to come prepared... you probably won't have enough time to order CAPIS notes to determine why they are calling the interview... it may just be that they want to investigate one small area of your application, and that's why they didn't ask for any further info... but it can't really hurt to bring it along still.. good luck and congrats... oh, and tell that man of yours to keep his phone ON and ON HIM at all times... get a waterproof bag for the shower!!!

as far as anything else goes, the stuff they'd really be looking for is the new proof you have from between the application submission date and Feb 1st.. so phone records, proof of visits, photos, ect... anything to show that your relationship is genuine and continuing to this day...

Jan 10, 2011
Hi All,

Does anyone on this forum know how long it takes for Kingston to get in contact once mississauga office notifies them that the right of permanent residence fee is paid? My hubby submitted his passport two weeks ago and Kingston was notified that we paid the fee this past Friday. I have on pins and needles waiting for that call for him to pick up the passport. Just not sure what the time line is from when Kingston gets notified.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Child... I remember reading on the website that not paying that fee upfront could result in a 4-6week delay, so unfortunately that may be the timeframe you're facing... Hope they're moving faster tho!

mylilangel

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
30-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Request
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
19-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2011
LANDED..........
22-08-2011
HI forum family, well i must say congratulations are in order for a lot of folks here kgn has been so busy there's too much to name so congrats to all as for me i read this forum everyday like a religion but theirs no action from my end so there's not much for me to write except to say i read and get excited when a member gets good news. hopefully hubby's day will come soon but since we're dealing with ARC i still think we're within good time fingers crossed,cuz his meds expire in march. i would love to have this thing over by then so we won't have to redo but like i said fingers X AND HAPPY reunion to all who've made it .

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Congrats Yardi......, I'm sure everythig will be fine, just get whatever document you can and be prepared as Chelley said.

Good morning everyone

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
Good Morning Everyone.....

Nae Nae....girl mi naw lie "Mi grudge You"...lol!!! Of course in a good way... I wish it was me who was going to Lester B.Pearson to pick up my hubby!

SO I finally paid the Landing Fees yesterday at the bank and sent a copy to Mississauga Case Processing Centre. Does anyone think I should send a copy to Kingston or leave it up to Mississauga to inform them on their own time?

I am hoping Kingston will get in contact soon because it has been about 2 months since the sent the AOR!

My anniversary and birthday is next month but I dont want to spend unecessary funds to go to JA if hubby may get through soon! I dont know what to do!!!!

Can someone tell me if KINGSTON will request an interview if the age difference between the sponsor and applicant is significantly different.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Good morning everyone... I have been busy like a little bee with school and work... I just wanted to let you know I read everything last night and passed out beside my computer lol so I didn't end up replying :p Congrats to everyone that was updated...

Nae Nae I will respond to your private msg later this afternoon ;D Sorry I'm slow lol... OMG hubby will be here tomorrow I hope you are feeling better girl... Nyquil definatly works wonders... I use it with buckleys night time pill... it's probably not good for you so I am not recommending it to anyone lol but god I feel better when I take the nyquil and buckleys pill together hihihi...

Mylilangel what does that mean when you say ARC??? I am not familiar with that term

Lets go Kingston, Lets go!!!!!!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Congrats Yardi, now you know that things are happening. As chelley mentioned they likely want to check on something they are unsure about. In addition to what she mentioned ensure hubby knows all about your job, finances, family names, ages, where you live etc. Not that they may ask but in prepping for our potential interview these questions were asked by various VO.
Nae, 1 sleepness night left for you, you're gonna be stoked girl
kc I had forgotten about your toe. You're gonna have to bring up Tiana a little different. I made some tips that you can pass along to Daddy

Great Advice to Pass on to Your Daughters

1. Don't imagine you can change a man - unless he's in diapers.

2. What do you do if your boyfriend walks-out? You shut the door.

3. If they put a man on the moon - they should be able to put them all up there.

4. Never let your man's mind wander - it's too little to be out alone.

5. Go for younger men. You might as well - they never mature anyway.

6. Men are all the same - they just have different faces, so that you can tell them apart.

7. Definition of a bachelor; a man who has missed the opportunity to make some woman miserable.

8. Women don't make fools of men - most of them are the do-it-yourself types.

9. Best way to get a man to do something, is to suggest they are too old for it.

10. Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.

11. If you want a committed man, look in a mental hospital.

12. The children of Israel wandered around the desert for 40 years. Even in biblical times, men wouldn't ask for directions.

13. If he asks what sort of books you're interested in, tell him checkbooks.

14. Remember a sense of humor does not mean that you tell him jokes, it means that you laugh at his.

15. Sadly, all men are created equal...

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
ladyposh, a significant age difference may raise a 'red flag'. But, we have a 30 year age difference and the interview was waived. We submitted lots of proof as everyone has done. No need to worry yourself and prepare for an interview.