Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Hi and welcome brownsuga: Are you being sponsored or sponsoring?

brownsuga

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2010
Doc's Request.
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-11- 2010
File Transfer...
10-08-2010
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2011
LANDED..........
14-03-2011
Thank you. I am sponsoring and my husband is in Portmore as well - Greater Portmore. :)

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
Email my Mp and she get back to me and she said shes going to email KG and get back to me as soon as she heard anything. OMG i hope KG will reply to her and let us know what`s happening 2 years of waiting is more than enough it`s actually too much .. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
This was in the Globe and Mail this week. Wouldn't it be nice if they kept a couple on and trtansferred them to Immigration for training and back ground checks etc to handle our cases in a prompt manner.

Elizabeth Thompson

Ottawa — The Canadian Press
Published on Friday, Aug. 27, 2010 8:14PM EDT

.Hundreds of government workers who handle employment insurance claims are about to join the ranks of the unemployed.

In a bid to balance its budget, Service Canada is cutting 600 employees across the country on top of another 600 who were let go in May.

The union that represents the employees affected by the move was formally notified Friday afternoon and was warned more cuts may come in January.

Many of those who will lose their jobs help people with everything from passport applications and pension problems to processing employment insurance claims.

“The people who are going to suffer are the people who receive these services,” said Steve McCuaig, national executive vice-president of the Canada Employment and Immigration Union.

Mr. McCuaig said the move risks having a big impact on the elderly and those with disabilities who rely on Service Canada staff to help them with pension issues.

Letters will be going out next week to employees affected by the move. It’s expected the cuts will come from the ranks of term employees hired on contracts.

Service Canada said in a statement the job cuts are simply following the ebb and flow of the economy, as planned.

“When these workers were hired both the temporary workers and the unions were aware that these jobs were temporary positions. When the economy began to recover and the volume of EI claims lessened, these temporary positions were no longer required.”

A spokesman for Human Resources Minister Diane Finley suggested the job cuts are actually a positive economic signal.

“These temporary staff worked almost exclusively processing EI claims,” said Ryan Sparrow by e-mail. “As a result of our government’s economic action plan, we are receiving fewer EI claims and these temporary jobs were no longer needed.”

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People people halfway down the list my goodness what is happening here.hmmmm :D. First off welcome welcome brownsuga nice to have ya.
Missing hopefully your MP will hear something soon waiting is agony specialy when they have your stuff. And I want thank you for restating the times for KG. Hubby said about going Monday to see our friends, and I said ohhhh no I don't think so. I will check with the wise ones on the board and let you know. So thanks now I can pass it on to my man. Don't want him to be taken unneeded trips to KG.
Canuck have you heard anything at all about your interview? They need to get on the ball so you know what your doing and where. Everything will work out.
Rosemel not much longer for your hubbies.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Welcome Brownsugar,
Glad you've been following, you'll find this forum very resourceful.
do you have any Kids in your application?

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
kmc... there is no international drivers licence from a jamaican perspective... not sure how other province do it, but in Ontario they basically have to pass the test again... if you are in Ontario here's how it goes... they need to get a driving abstract (a letter from transport authority in ja) outlining their driving histoy (will hopefully say no accident/tickets and he date they started driving)... they will need to write a letter outlining the request (immigration purposes) and providing the address of the provincial transportation office and the applicants name/drivers licence info and drop it into the transport office on maxfield (i think) ave in new kgn... then a few days later they will have a letter prepared for you...

once they get that (if you don't get it on the island, i think the embassy in canada can help get it, but it's easier to get on the island)... and land, they go to the drive test office... they will need to do the written test (and eye test) and with the letter and jamaican drivers licence they will be given a G1 licence (cannot drive without a licenced driver) and two options... one to go the regular path of doing the G1 road test then G2 road test (but without the timing differences in between) or the option to do the G2 road test right away (aka first available date) (i think there may be a waiting period if they fail of 8-12m? can't remember)... we did the G2 road at the first available date (which where we were, out in the country, was like 2 weeks, enough time for hubby to get comfy driving on our roads and loose a few bad habits lol)... if you are in the city i suggest traveling outside of it bc some places are backlogged 6m or more for a G2 road test...

once they pass the G2 road test they get the full licence, no waiting...

that's how it went...

hope that helped

hi everyone else.. kid stories coming up.. right now they just keep me busy busy busy (4 more days and they're going back!!! i told my daughter imma do the happy dance when i put her on the bus and embarass her :) )

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
btw, they have to pay all the fees up front for the G1 and G2 licences when you book them... i think it was like 80+110? or something like that... the letter from the transport authority was free (not sure if it costs anything from the embassy)...

brownsuga

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2010
Doc's Request.
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-11- 2010
File Transfer...
10-08-2010
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2011
LANDED..........
14-03-2011
Thank you Glogirl68 and Godbless wife. I have learnt alot. I have a stepson . However, his mom passed away a few years ago :(. we are hoping it will go fast seeing we won't need permission. We sent the death certificate with the application.

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Blessings everyone!!!! So many new people - this is AWESOME! :D Welcome brownsuga and Chantol! You are in the best place...

KG it's time to get that fire started and reunited some loved ones.

It's a wonderful long weekend!!!! 8)

Be blessed & Stay blessed!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning all and welcome brownsuga and chantol.
Glo I haven't heard a word since march when I received the AOR. 6 months is up in a couple weeks since add a few months to that and we should get6 a 80 or 90 day advisor for our interview. Would hate for things to flow smoothly you know. Oh well, headed down next weekend to chase the kitty kat around for a week or so. Gonna sit on the chair, the settee, the bed and probably the shower and enjoy the bam, bam, bamming of the rain. Need to take the mrs somewhere new, heard about Mystic Mtn, anyone been there?
Enjoy your weekend everyone. As the kids are back to school, time for Little Johnnyto go too.

One day Little Johnny comes home from school yelling, "Daddy! Daddy! Today at school we had to say our ABC's and I was the only one in my class who knew them all! The teacher said I did really good!" "Well that's great, son," his father replied "I'm very proud of you!" So the next day when Little Johnny gets home from school he again is very excited "Daddy! Daddy!" Johnny yells "Today at school we had to name all of the colors in class and I got them all right! The teacher said I did very good!" And his father replied "Well that's great, son, I'm very proud of you!" The next day when Little Johnny came home from school he came in yelling "Daddy! Daddy! Today in school after gym class, we were in the shower and I had the biggest
p--is! I was very happy!" "Well son," his father replied "that's because YOUR 18!"

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Good morning peeps

Wow nice to see new members hi to chantol and brownsuga WELCOME ;D ...I am still of work till tuesday yahhhh...Chelly nice to see you around!!

anyways canuck can you please just make sure yuh nuh break yuh back sitting on the setty ..Please...LOL make sure you buy insurance this time ...Things sound a likkle rough in JA!!! :p :p :p

Anyways about the licence hahaha ...If you were to go to the consulate in Toronto (considering if you live in T.DOT) be a likkle prepared ....Them nuh easy there either you have to go in take a number ....But dont sit there and wait for them to call you cause that may be 2 or more hours...Go up to the woman weh love CUSS bad WORD!! (SHE FEISTY LIKE NUTTIN) AND AXE FOR A FORM TO FILL UP FOR THE DRIVERS LICENCE LETTER FROM JA...The cost is 30 can ...and they dont take debit ...CASH ONLY...And you get it back in a week if you want the letter mailed to you ..you HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU STATE THAT ON THE FORM...cause make sure you dont call up Mrs Feisty and seh nuttin to har cuz she a go tell you fi sit dung..lol :p :p

Yah anyways we sat there for like 2 friggen hours only to get called and then told you didnt fill up the forms ...and then they took the next person gave us the forms to fill up and made us wait again ...My expirieces get in done in JA ...while they are still there ...If not that is what you need to do here ...Just bring ur PP drivers licence and i brought the PR card just incase...

Anyways the place is likkle and dem act like them deh a yaad with the whole heap of waiting ...And people coming in cussing out the woman say "mi haffi go a mi wuk , why inna deh rass yuh nuh say nuttin bout this 15 minutes ago " mi cyaaan belive how dis yah place stay ...mi sick and tyad a dis " up and dung up and dung BLODFYAHHH!! and wooooosh outta door him go!! hahaha

Trust mi it was entertaining there .. and there was mi little rasta husband sitting pan deh chair playing some richie spice loud as a sound on his likkle Iphone ...and 7 Jamaican or more siging away ...tapping dem feet ...and next to me was my canadian girl freind hahah ...playing with er booobs ...(yah she crazy) saying do they look good "oh man i hope they look good" do you think they look good ? Lifting them up and all kinds of foolishness!! ....and she says, "mabey i should play some brittney spears that would be funny as hell'' eh?? ...hahahaha ...OMG i was three shades of red mi naw even look pan har!!....OOOOH the memories... :eek: :eek:

Anyways peeps have a good one ....and i hope there is good news man ....where is it KG????????

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Brownsugar: I really hope everything goes as swift as wind for you. Fingers and toes crossed.

Chelley: hey girl I'm curios too about the licensce Processing etc. but it would seem like you have to start from scratch wether you have a driving Licensce in Jamaica or not. hopefully I understood that correctly. but if so do you think it may be better to just apply as not having any experience, and and possibly Skip paying the $30CAN To the Jamaica High Commision?

Lonely: Them people deh have no customer service I had the displeasure of dealing with them in England. and its the same 2 and 3 hour wait that you spoke about. I Honestly think these people have been injectected with Hostility before they got the Job.
and its Sad cos they are representing Jamaica, and not all Jamaicans behave like that at all.
the woman in the London office Renk and Feisty like Chink.
It was December And it was Freezing in the place,

some one dared to ask for some heating since them charge we so much tax, and the fees are through the roof, rahtid! a who say fi ask fi heat. the woman turn on a piece of heat yuh see man, you coulda smell the gas. which means she could kill we off. mi seh every body haffi run and come out and stand up outa door inna di snow.
di place hot like a fire. wi nearly cook, So you can imagine the breed of Claats that di people dem weh nah watch nuh face cuss, boy mi ah tell you.

And cuss all you want but nobody better nuh ask her nothing cos definately she willl tell you go siddung.
and if you dont ask Dog namn your supper,
and its pure rae tae the people them weh ah wait ah gwaan wid.
it was an experience. mi did vex but mi laugh when mi look inna it.
it was embarrassing I really wanted My Country's high commision to be on par. but hey .... cant have the sunshine and everything else I guess.

Canuck: I see you got your MSN/SKYPE Pose. you a fly dung quick.
Wifey will be a happy Kat soon. I bet she cant wait.

chantol

Sep 1, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-June-2010
Doc's Request.
24-August-2010
AOR Received.
Never got an AOR
File Transfer...
15-JULY-2010
Med's Request
10-August-2010
Med's Done....
19-AUGUST-2010

chantol

Sep 1, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-June-2010
Doc's Request.
24-August-2010
AOR Received.
Never got an AOR
File Transfer...
15-JULY-2010
Med's Request
10-August-2010
Med's Done....
19-AUGUST-2010
My Ecas just went back to pending.... what does this mean anyone?