25/05/2011
Med's Done....
01/03/2010
Interview........
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
08/09/2011
Hi Chantol,

My application was transferred to Kingston on July 14 and i haven't received an AOR as yet either. When they requested the documents where did they contacted you.

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
good afternoon forum family and welcome newcomers

Had fun catching up and reading the posts

soooooooooo i emailed kg and go a generic response:Thank you for your e-mail. It has been received by the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in Kingston. Your e-mail will be answered as soon as possible.
still no reply as yet.....
I also called my local MP and they really didnt have any info for me either but it looks like kgs conducting a background check also so thats what taking all this time. so my hubby still has not received a call to pick up his pp yet. this wait is starting to drive my hubby crazy and he wants me to come visit in a couple of weeks.

The wait for the final call is the hardest each day seems like a week, im gonna try and keep myself busy this is the last long weekend for the summer and im not gonna be crying for my baby :-* :-* :-* :-*

KW

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey hey everyone,

How's everyone doing today? I hope all is great and your week went by smoothly with no distress whatsoever. I am still hanging in there. My interview is getting closer and I am still kicking butt on those evidence to make it very easily understandable for the IO.

I went yesterday and applied for a police clearance from GEO since I have lived here for almost 9months since coming back. I also got fingerprints to send it for an RCMP clearance just in case. I want to stay on top of things and when I go to my interview I will ask my VO if it's cool for me to send in for another RCMP clearance in the meantime.

But gawwdddd, it took me all day yesterday just to do two simple things in the same compound. When I tell you SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...... lawd only knows. Then dem close for lunch between 12-1 and so you have to wait, then you wait, and do more waiting. I tell, gov't in these places send you up the wall and not to mention how you have to wait in the sun too. Lawwdddd, I am happy it's over.

So guys, after 9 frigging months of seeking employment I finally got a call for an interview this morning. It went great and I think the employer likes me. It's also in my field of study. I kicked arse with my Cdn accent I put on and impressive-ness with all my credentials both academic and non-academic.

However, I have lied about something for the first time in my life that I am not scared of. LOL. I put on my resume and also told the interviewer at the interview that I have completed my degree this year which is not so true. I have still a year more to go but due to my whole CIC crap I had to stop it off until further notice.

Now, they want for me to show them proof of some sort that my degree is complete. I am soooo screwed because I don't know how to switch it now around and tell them otherwise. Any suggestions?

I really liked the job description and I think it'll be a good shot having it for a few months just to put on my resume and use also for my Masters Applications. I hope they can grant me a pardon if this whole degree thing comes knowing to them and allow me to work the job still.

So, it's a long weekend in Canada this weekend, eh? What are some of the grand plans?

Enjoy the weekend all :D

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Confused you are in a tight Corner, any chance you could try and switch it around and tell them you meant to sya you are in the process of Completing it?
otherwise no Ideas Babe. Sorry Hun.
but I would'nt try anything funny at this stage. another Job will come if its not to be.
till then God will continue to Provide, dont push it and get into any trouble you dont need that now.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Hi gang, LCW I will plug into something and hang on real tight if the wind and rain get too bad to avoid any back injury. Don't want to get too stiff and sore.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning forum!! it's Saturday morning and I should be sleeping in but NOOOO my eyes popped open at 6:30 am :eek: I tried and tried to go back to sleep but no luck :( So here I am on the internet lol it's too early to go anywhere or do anything so the internet will have to keep me occupied for awhile.

hubby was out late last night .... called me and woke me up at 1 am so maybe I should do him the same favour...wake him up at 7 am.. he he he he he I'm so evil lol ;D

kenswife - glad you're keeping busy! it's so tough and I can't imagine what it's like for you and your husband....being sooo close with no info or response as to what is going on. I commend you for keeping your cool, I don't know that I would. We are moving into the 2nd week of September next week so hopefully they are back to work and your husband hears from them before the end of the week!

confused - make something up on the internet lol aren't I terrible? I shouldn't be encouraging you but hey, if you need the job, what the hell? you could come up with some kind of lie that it seems you have lost your info so you called the school who require a written request for transcripts and being where you live will take at least a month to get there and a month or 2 to get back to you. I don't know....or you just tell them the truth...tell them you desperately need a job and admit it was wrong to lie but you are so close to finishing you thought it wouldn't matter? Do you think they'll still hire you if you don't have your degree? Anyway, whatever you decide, I hope it all works out for you! At least you've now had some practice interviewing lol ;)

yep confused, it's a long weekend and I'm going to enjoy the extra day off. No real big plans, having family for a bbq on Sunday, that's about it. Other than that, relaxing, gardening, enjoying time away from work!!!

anyone else have any big plans?

brownsuga

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2010
Doc's Request.
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-11- 2010
File Transfer...
10-08-2010
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2011
LANDED..........
14-03-2011
Good morning everyone,

Yep, another long weekend! No big plans - yardwork and prepare for back to school.

iambless

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/06/2010
Doc's Request.
11/11/2010
AOR Received.
11/08/2010
File Transfer...
14/07/2010
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
01/03/2010
Interview........
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
08/09/2011
Hi everyone, hope everyone is in the best of help. Question. I am about to mail my daughter's police record to Kingston. Should I write the Client ID # and Kit # on the envelope or should i write it inside as a note.

Also the police record that she got don't have her photo on it, it just said that there is no record on file for her. Also when I email Kingston regarding my AOR can I attach a copy of her police record also even though i am mailing it already.

Should I send a copy or the original.

Thanks. Reply urgently needed. I am going to Fedex the letter.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure the B# is on there so it goes with the right file. I myself am not sure I would put the file # on the outside. Hopefully one of the wiser ones can answer that.
A new week is starting so hopefully there will be updates for somene.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hello, new to this forum and thread.

My husband and I have just started to get a handle on this process, and how long it is going to take and how much it is going to cost.

Already we have established that part of our costs will include a US police record, because I lived there for 18 months when I was 18. Marvelous. This adds an additional 3 months to the entire process for us, and I am already reeling from the shock that this whole process is going to take a year once my application gets to Kingston!

He is here in Jamaica for the time being, but it is becoming clearer that he is going to have to return to Canada, and leave me alone here, as his current income will not cover all our living costs plus the costs of the application process. Further, my husband has a medical condition that requires treatment every 3 months, and no way can we either pay for it privately, or trust that the Jamaican public health care system will care for him properly.

We are likely going to be using an immigration lawyer, but I am hoping that I will find some experience, comments, suggestions and just encouragement here, as I have never been through anything like this. I have never been refused a visa before, and I was devastated when my request for a TRV was denied, on the grounds that I might not return etc etc. I am not even sure how I am going to handle being away from my husband now that I have gotten used to him being with me (we met online), LOL.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
glo - like many of us, iambless did not get an AOR and does not have a B# ... how does one get that if they have not received an AOR letter?

iambless - I'm not sure what to do, perhaps put a note in it stating an AOR letter was not received and therefore you do not have a B#. As for the police record, the guide says to bring your photos to get your police check done. I think you said she lives in the UK??? perhaps their police record is different and KG will accept what you have. If not, I'm sure they'll let you know.

Welcome CharlieD! :D some applications take 4 months and some take over 15 months....no idea why or who will be in the lower end of the scale or longer end of the scale. I suppose it depends on the officer that is looking at your file and how complex your file is. I did not use an immigration lawyer...just followed the advice of the members of this forum and saved myself a few thousand dollars....mind you my husband's file is not complex...no children and no criminal record. I'm not saying you shouldn't use one, do whatever you think is best. You will find lots of advice, support and encouragement here!!! You've definitely come to the right place!

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
just dropping by to say hello

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Hi CharlieD, Welcome to the Forum,

I understand exactly how you feel, it can be quiet daunting just getting the evidence together to submit your application, I know this cos I'm not easily overwhelmed but felt quiet overwhelmed when I was filling the forms.

I like you also applied for a TRV and was also turned down. so do not be alarmed.

You would like to think that since immigration knows that sooner or later they will eventually give you the permission to live in Canada Permanently, that a TRV should be 123 . oh well not so at all.
you'd have to be pregnant or about to be there for the birth of your Child,

Even so, some of these applicants also got refused. so do not be dismayed. or by no means feel you are isolated in this TRV Issue.
Here's what I did when we decided to work on the application to submit for Permanent Residency.

Research Research Research
After doing extensive research on the process. we decided to save the money on the legal expenses, the fees are expensive enough as they are.

You are on this Forum so clearly you too have been researching.

Download the forms and go through them , familiarise
yourself with the content of the forms, and find out what you will need when you are ready to submit the Application.

Think of what your answers will be to the questions on the forms.

This should be easy,
You are after all answering questions about your Relationship how you met Etc. and how your relationship evolved.

Although this should be straightforward,

Please take your time to answer the questions well , as you are making an application that will determine the way you will spend the rest of your life with Hubby.
So its Important you take your time and while being Honest about your answers, take care to present your facts well.

Gather Photos, letters, emails , photocopy your Spouses passport pages that shows when he visited you during the course of your relationship.

get anything you can lay your hands on that will proof how Genuine your love is for each other. Phone records...... for example
I personally, photocopied our Wedding pics and other photos as I did not want to lose originals , and wrote at the top what the setting was and dated the ones I could remember the dates for etc.

send photocopies of Birthday cards etc, from you and Hubby to each other, we even sent copies of our wedding cards given to us by family and friends.

We also included the Police checks and medicals, and both parts of the application and fees at the same time. wether you choose to do this is optional.
However they will still be required of you and it saves alot of time, and may even shorten the time your application takes to be processed, if you reduce the documents they have to ask you for.

all in all, be as thorough as you can be, make sure you go over the application a few times before finally submitting it.

Wether or not you choose to use a lawyer, its best to go through the forms first, see if you feel less Confident about doing it yourself. this is something only you can decide.

What I can tell you though is, if you dont decide to do the application on your own. it will be well worth it to still read up all you can, and you will find, Lawyer or no Lawyer you will need to submit the same volume of Evidence. but do go with your gut instinct on this. after all we can only share our xperiences on here, but ultimately you are making a decision that will impact the rest of your life.

All the best with sending off the forms.

P.S There are alot more seasoned members on here who will be more than happy to add their experiences thus far , and help along the process by answering questions as they come up.

Try adding your case to trackitt.com and compare timelines with others, this helps you to stay up to date on how far you are in the process

Hope this Helps :)
Godbless

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Its Monday Everyone, have we got any updates yet?

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Cant sleep guys, and all I can think of are all things Immigration.

oh boy!

Lets hope Kgn dont keep me in this state for too long. ha ha wish me luck.