Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
MelJam said:
Thanks Nini !! And whats up wid you? When hubby coming up !? :D
Lol, no news yet! But we (well I) am patiently waiting. I know very well that just because Kingston has his PP, doesn't mean he's getting it back any time soon, so I'm expecting he will be in Canada by October. :D

What about you guys? When is everyone going back to see their significant other.

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
JAMFAM I am so excited bc off to see hubby in JA tomorrow...woot woot...and we will be celebrating our one year anniversary on Friday! Hope that there are LOTS and LOTS of PPRs while I am away!!
Safe travel THOR... have a great anniversary

Nini hoping Hubby gets back passport by next week at the lastest so he is here before summer is done

Welcome new members... relax and enjoy the ride lol or at least try not to break thru this process

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Sara8513 said:
My husband has one daughter that we are applying for and one we are not. We did a passport for the one coming and was planning to do her 8 pics as well and a medical when requested. Should I be getting his other a daughter a passport now, before we submit our papers? I think her mom may not be the most on board. Thanks
yes , I'm afraid you must get passport and medical done for both. I researched a lot about this one because the mother refused at the beginning. Once it was explained to her that we were not taking her son she complied Yes it's more expense - passport n medical. The medical is less invasive for the child. You can try not doing it , but Kingston may ask for it later , lengthening your process. At the beginning I wrote the mother would not allow it, hoping that would work . Good luck to you. I know the stress of wondering if Kingston will allow that explanation. I have read where you can get the other parent to sign that they will not allow the medical. Good luck to you. I don't know if that works because we're over the year mark and have heard nothing but to pay the RPRF fee which we did not do at the beginning. We sent the app in without the son's medical , added it later. I would suggest he speaks to mom again explaining he's not taking the child and the passport isn't really a bad thing for the child to have anyway. Good luck

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Ninirae said:
Lol, no news yet! But we (well I) am patiently waiting. I know very well that just because Kingston has his PP, doesn't mean he's getting it back any time soon, so I'm expecting he will be in Canada by October. :D

What about you guys? When is everyone going back to see their significant other.
Sounds really good !! Are you going to go to JA and come back with him ? Me I go back in October and I hope that hubby will be the next traveller after this trip ! :D

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Ninirae said:

He will be here before October. I have a feeling you will see "decision made" by next week!!!

I am not going back to JA anytime soon. I told my hubby that. I told him that he is the next one to fly...plus it's getting to hard to travel on my own with the little one.

If he isn't here by March of next year I may just have to go....that will be the longest we haven't seen eachother.

I have just been really down and frustrated over this whole process. I was to the point this past weekend that I just wanted to give up. I was ready to pack it all in, sell all my stuff, suck it up and move down there. I just don't understand the process on which Kingston works....doesn't make sense to me.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
JAMFAM I am so excited bc off to see hubby in JA tomorrow...woot woot...and we will be celebrating our one year anniversary on Friday! Hope that there are LOTS and LOTS of PPRs while I am away!!
YAY!! Have fun hun and Happy Anniversary :)

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
I have just been really down and frustrated over this whole process. I was to the point this past weekend that I just wanted to give up. I was ready to pack it all in, sell all my stuff, suck it up and move down there. I just don't understand the process on which Kingston works....doesn't make sense to me.
Sammy, Girl, I know exactly how you are feeling. This process is really meant for strong ppl. If u r weak u certainly will not make it to the end.
Hold on ur day is around the corner.. it always come just when u feel like giving up.
Packing up and going to jamaica is just what i am about to do ... financially it will be tough but being apart so long its just too hard
Lets try to keep courage n encourage each other thru this process.

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Thanks for all your help so far.

I was planning to include my t4 slips from last year but just heard I also need a notice of assessment. Is this true???

I owed on my taxes this year and am paying monthly. Will this be a problem?? It's not listed as something that would disqualify me.

Thanks again

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sara8513 said:

I was planning to include my t4 slips from last year but just heard I also need a notice of assessment. Is this true???

I owed on my taxes this year and am paying monthly. Will this be a problem?? It's not listed as something that would disqualify me.

Thanks again
my understanding is the notice of assessment is used to confirm if you were in receipt of social assistance. and not to see if you owe CRA $$ is not its intent. otherwise I would be in a pickle too. if you qualified with the check list on your sponsorship app. you should be clear.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Sara8513 said:

Thanks again
You will need to order the Option C from CRA. This is what you need to include as per the check list and not you NOA

Owing taxes will not be an issue at all. As Mrs Campbell said...that just want to see if you were on Social Assistance at all the past year.

s_spence

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-18-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
Good day all, I have a question regarding the medical and crim check, if it has expired does he need to wait to hear from Kingston to redo them? or should he just go about doing them on his own again?

Thank you

s_spence

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-18-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
lonely_cdnwife said:
Landing Story Time!!!

So my husband got his PP back last friday and we quickly booked a flight for him to fly out to Vancouver right away! I live in Victoria, so on Thursday I left work early (due to not being able to focus anyways) to make my way to YVR. While waiting in the ferry line up, I get a call with a Toronto area code, and I hear my husband on the other line. He said that he had missed his connecting flight from Toronto to Vancouver because he was missing a document (still don't know what document this is). When his PP was mailed back it included another document that immigration needed for processing, but when he picked up his PP he was too excited to read the other documents that came with it and left them at home!! Luckily he had a very patient immigration officer who re-did the paperwork for him in Toronto and rescheduled his flight for the following morning. 10 hours later I was anxiously waiting at YVR to see my husband, and the feeling that comes in that moment is indescribable.

The week prior to our PPR our relationship was in a weak place with more frequent questioning if we had made the right decision or if the sacrifice was worth it, but at the moment that we couldn't handle anymore our email came in. So for those still waiting, please keep the faith and understand that you are on the last stretch of this race. God knows what you can handle and would never give you more than you can handle, and when your time comes you get this overpowering sensation that all those dropped Skype calls, phone bills, and lonely holidays were not only worth it, but were a small price to have your partner back with you :)

I want to thank all the members and this forum for helping me through some difficult times, but it's time to get back to my huzzy, so keep the faith and continue to support each other.

Love, Mr and Mrs LCW

Congratulations :)

s_spence

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-18-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
Hi another question, how long do the notes take to come in?

Thank you

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
s_spence said:
Good day all, I have a question regarding the medical and crim check, if it has expired does he need to wait to hear from Kingston to redo them? or should he just go about doing them on his own again?

Thank you
For the medical you can ask them if they have extended it, if they have they will let you know. If they would like a new one completed they will request it.

For the police check...you will have to redo this anyways. You can wait for them to request it or do it on your own.

s_spence said:
Hi another question, how long do the notes take to come in?

Thank you
They take 30 days and this does not include holidays...there have been some posts from others that it has been taking a little longer

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Ninirae, can I ask you a question? When they asked for a recent police clearance , how long did they give you to hand it in? I'm wondering if they put your file on the shelf till those days are up , or if they ask for your passport when they get the police clearance handed in. Thanks in advance !!!