Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
lonely_cdnwife said:
Hey Jam Fam!

It has been a while since i've posted, but i have continued to lurk, so before anything I must say a huge C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S to the members that have gotten through or heard anything in the past few months! In February my morning sickness became too severe that I had to book an emergency flight back to BC to be hospitalized - but both me and baby are healthy, and happy now! For the first few weeks of being back I was grieving the lost time with my husband, knowing that I wouldn't have the opportunity to fly back, and would have to wait until his application was processed to see him.

Today we received an email from our lawyers, from CIC, that our application is in "final processing" and we need to bring in an updated police record check within 60 days! While going through the journey you never believe that the pain and frustration can disappear so quickly, but we haven't even received PPR yet and I was already crying like a pregnant hormonal lady knowing that we are hopefully nearing the end of our journey!

Well it is 8pm here in BC and it is past my bedtime, so thank you all for your contributions to the forum, because whether you know it or not you have been an amazing encouragement to both me and my husband throughout the journey
LCW so sorry to hear that you had to fly back and missed time with your hubby. BUT sounds like you will have him here in your arms (and for baby's birth???) very soon! That is fabulous news about the PC redo!! Do you have one ready to go or does hubby still need to go get it? Once you gett he PC in it is usually less than a few weeks and then PPR!! Looks liek you will be one of the lucky ones that will have him here within the year of sponsorship approval. SSSSOOO HAPPY for you! Don't be a stranger and keep us updated.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
JAMCANSO4 said:
Thanks my dear! JANAIDIAN MRS.
Looked over the spreadsheet and based ad what i am seeing, i can say there is light at the end of the tunnel!! ;D
Welcome to the JAMFAM Jamcans04!! Please provide us with your details of when you applied, received sponsorship approval, etc. and someone will add you to the spreadsheet. You will find the JAMFAM very helpful and supportive.

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
BullsBelle said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]I am happy to know I am not alone. I want to let you all know that you have helped me calm down when i dont see a way out. Just knowing that i can turn to you all for encoragement & guidance, means the world to me.... :-* :-* :-* :-*[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
You are most CERTAINLY not alone. I seem to get more insane when I am doing nothing. Which isn't very often but damn... The SECOND I have a minute alone and start to think. BOOM panic, stress and/or water works.

Jamwife said:
Janadian Mrs. - Welcome to the family... I am not sure if you told ur story of how u met ur spouses if not can you please share
Well where do I begin. I should just copy and paste his account of how we met from the app haha. jokes.

We met on Christmas day in 2006 when I was down with my family for one of our many visits. He had just come home from working in Cayman and showed up to a party my cousin brought us to. He is my cousins bf at the times best friend. At first I avoided him and any other man cause i can't stand to hear that pssst pssst bull from them or telling me they love me within seconds of meeting me. kmt. likkle bwoy dem nuh know me. He actually didn't do any of that. He post up pon di wall a watch everybody and then ask my cousin to talk to me for him. (Yes... he it sounds like jr high and he is a grown @ $$ man but it was cute and different :-*). I eventually went to talk to him and we danced for a bit. Yes mi buss a likkle wine pon him. :D It wasnt until we went to a few more parties where he showed up to EVERY one of them to see me, and called me on my cousins phone (I didnt have one then), called me on my birthday when we went to the north coast and basically put in a lot of effort that I started to give him a chance. (I was there for almost a month this trip so I took my sweet time).

After all that we have never been apart (at least in spirit). I came home went back to college. I would text him all day and he would call me at night. ::) It was frustrating but you gotta do what you gotta do. As our phones got better with internet and everything communication got easier and BBM and whats app helped A LOT over the last few years.

We have seen each other 9 times in 7 years. I said I love you after 9 months. He waited until he saw me in person the next time 2 months later. We have survived me being in college and university the entire time as well as me doing study abroad twice and travelling Europe for a total of 3 months of our relationship. (All those postcards went into the app). We got engaged in 2012 when we went to New York for Christmas to visit family and for a change of scenery but ended up attending his father's funeral. It was very sad and I cannot believe he missed being at our wedding by 1 year. So I definitely didn't think he would be asking me to marry him any time soon once that happened which was fine obviously but he did.

I spent a year planning a country wedding with my parents here in Canada. North coast was too expensive and not really an option if any yardies were to come. So we got married in Maypen on New Years day of 2013. I had an amazing photographer and my aunt is a photographer so she took pics too. LOTS to choose from for the app. Nuff food and liquor fi everybody a gwan bad. Only two friends could attend as bridesmaids as the others were students and couldn't afford Jamaica at Christmas.Then I came home and continued putting everything together. I tried getting him to start the papers before i came back for the wedding so we could sign everything and put it together before I came home but that didn't work out.

So I came home. i asked my friend who had filed for her husband a billion questions as I went along and called the help line which was really no help. They just went through the manual and regurgitated what I had already read which was the reason for my call. I finally handed it all in on April 26th 2013 and here we are now waiting for a passport request according to all your posts that I've read!

Sorry I get long winded with my stories. But I like telling it.

JAMCANSO4

Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-13
AOR Received.
10-08-13
File Transfer...
08-09-13
Passport Req..
SOON
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
Twoheartsonelove said:
Welcome to the JAMFAM Jamcans04!! Please provide us with your details of when you applied, received sponsorship approval, etc. and someone will add you to the spreadsheet. You will find the JAMFAM very helpful and supportive.
Hey thanks for the welcome everyone. Its good to know that we can relate to the same things. Helping and encoraging ours fellow members.

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
You are most CERTAINLY not alone. I seem to get more insane when I am doing nothing. Which isn't very often but damn... The SECOND I have a minute alone and start to think. BOOM panic, stress and/or water works.

Well where do I begin. I should just copy and paste his account of how we met from the app haha. jokes.

We met on Christmas day in 2006 when I was down with my family for one of our many visits. He had just come home from working in Cayman and showed up to a party my cousin brought us to. He is my cousins bf at the times best friend. At first I avoided him and any other man cause i can't stand to hear that pssst pssst bull from them or telling me they love me within seconds of meeting me. kmt. likkle bwoy dem nuh know me. He actually didn't do any of that. He post up pon di wall a watch everybody and then ask my cousin to talk to me for him. (Yes... he it sounds like jr high and he is a grown @ $$ man but it was cute and different :-*). I eventually went to talk to him and we danced for a bit. Yes mi buss a likkle wine pon him. :D It wasnt until we went to a few more parties where he showed up to EVERY one of them to see me, and called me on my cousins phone (I didnt have one then), called me on my birthday when we went to the north coast and basically put in a lot of effort that I started to give him a chance. (I was there for almost a month this trip so I took my sweet time).

After all that we have never been apart (at least in spirit). I came home went back to college. I would text him all day and he would call me at night. ::) It was frustrating but you gotta do what you gotta do. As our phones got better with internet and everything communication got easier and BBM and whats app helped A LOT over the last few years.

We have seen each other 9 times in 7 years. I said I love you after 9 months. He waited until he saw me in person the next time 2 months later. We have survived me being in college and university the entire time as well as me doing study abroad twice and travelling Europe for a total of 3 months of our relationship. (All those postcards went into the app). We got engaged in 2012 when we went to New York for Christmas to visit family and for a change of scenery but ended up attending his father's funeral. It was very sad and I cannot believe he missed being at our wedding by 1 year. So I definitely didn't think he would be asking me to marry him any time soon once that happened which was fine obviously but he did.

I spent a year planning a country wedding with my parents here in Canada. North coast was too expensive and not really an option if any yardies were to come. So we got married in Maypen on New Years day of 2013. I had an amazing photographer and my aunt is a photographer so she took pics too. LOTS to choose from for the app. Nuff food and liquor fi everybody a gwan bad. Only two friends could attend as bridesmaids as the others were students and couldn't afford Jamaica at Christmas.Then I came home and continued putting everything together. I tried getting him to start the papers before i came back for the wedding so we could sign everything and put it together before I came home but that didn't work out.

So I came home. i asked my friend who had filed for her husband a billion questions as I went along and called the help line which was really no help. They just went through the manual and regurgitated what I had already read which was the reason for my call. I finally handed it all in on April 26th 2013 and here we are now waiting for a passport request according to all your posts that I've read!

Sorry I get long winded with my stories. But I like telling it.

Nice story... U survived being together a long time, Process is almost over and u will get to be together forever.

JAMCANSO4

Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-13
AOR Received.
10-08-13
File Transfer...
08-09-13
Passport Req..
SOON
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
My application was sent in august

My got a respond from them in September saying I was approved

My things says medical received, Thats it no more news or info on my file :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Jamwife said:
Nice story... U survived being together a long time, Process is almost over and u will get to be together forever.
thank you and I hope it is soon. I am so impatient.

JAMCANSO4

Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-13
AOR Received.
10-08-13
File Transfer...
08-09-13
Passport Req..
SOON
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
thank you and I hope it is soon. I am so impatient.
YOUR WAITING IS COMING TO AN END, THIS YEAR NAH PASS.
#Keep the faith

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
JAMCANSO4 said:
My application was sent in august

My got a respond from them in September saying I was approved

My things says medical received, Thats it no more news or info on my file :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Oh dont worry... we almost on the same timeline... i dont think dem reach our month yet...lok

JAMCANSO4

Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-13
AOR Received.
10-08-13
File Transfer...
08-09-13
Passport Req..
SOON
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
lovindahubby said:
Oh dont worry... we almost on the same timeline... i dont think dem reach our month yet...lok
Hopefully summer we can listen out for a call!!
[flash=200,200][/flash]

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Jamwife said:
Canjam any news yet?
I am noticing that your application is from jan 2013..Has kingston requested anything from you or have they given u any update on ur file?
Yes... They only recently asked ( e-mail & letter) for a new police check, proof of medical, payment ( which they should have, but luckily I kept these documents ) will be sending it in soon ;)
Also, hubby and I were going to keep this 'movement' hush- hush, but that didn't exactly work out, cause KGN sent an envelope to his post office ( it must have been marked urgent) , so since the post office clerk didn't have his # ... She called all over, to say that hubby had a letter that was 'urgent' waiting for him , this message went through a neighbhoor, a few siblings and then finally to hubby, lol ??? :p... So much for privacy

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
CanJam said:
Yes... They only recently asked ( e-mail & letter) for a new police check, proof of medical, payment ( which they should have, but luckily I kept these documents ) will be sending it in soon ;)
Also, hubby and I were going to keep this 'movement' hush- hush, but that didn't exactly work out, cause KGN sent an envelope to his post office ( it must have been marked urgent) , so since the post office clerk didn't have his # ... She called all over, to say that hubby had a letter that was 'urgent' waiting for him , this message went through a neighbhoor, a few siblings and then finally to hubby, lol ??? :p... So much for privacy
Lol that is funny... Jamaican people dont know wat privacy is.... everybody av to know ur business.

Congrats thou for the movement. Hope ppr is soon.

Just a question... they emailed and sent a letter at the same time?

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
CanJam said:
Dwl.. see thats why i emailed kingston telling them not to send any letter to him...1 these people too fass where he lives and talk too much

JAMCANSO4

Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-13
AOR Received.
10-08-13
File Transfer...