Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
tamarindball said:
Hello Forum Family

I am still here with you all if not physically but mentally. I think of this forum everyday wondering who will be next on the PR train and hoping that someone will have good news daily. Congrats to Mrs. Record on your hubby's COPR. Two days of PP return was awfully speedy and am glad your plans can go as scheduled. I trust tomorrow and the rest of the week will bring more good news esp for those waiting so very long. Mrs.Maddants your time is drawing near. Just remember that all things work together for good and God's Appointed Time is the best time for you and Maddants. As to Chickie, Nevaeha, Sammy,and all the others in waiting for over a year, your victory is around the corner too so just make sure you're ready for that notification as it's on its way. Anyway, I am just giving you all a quick shoutout. I was involved in a very serious accident since I last posted so have been very busy dealing with that plus of course all the other affairs that come with bng a new immigrant. Both cars have been written off and the other driver has bn charged for careless driving as she ran a stop sign going east while we were going north so there was a huge collision. Thankfully I am ok but have to be doing physio nevertheless. Outside of that bad news which still ended up good and I give God all the praise and thanks, I completed my landing at the border so am now an official PR. For those who know I arrived Canada last June so had bn a visitor prior to getting PR so I didn't just land!. My arrival then was more "juicy" having not seen hubby for several months as he returned Canada bfore me so he met me at the airport with a red rose in his hands and since the plan was not for me to return Jamaica I got a very big welcome to Canada as it wasn't so much an easy decision for me to leave Ja, one part wanted to and the other wasn't quite ready yet, and I was hoping hubby would return to live there. However, after all decisions were final and my mind was made up there was no turning back. We headed straight from the airport to spend time at Niagara Falls and had a super fine time. This time I went to the border alone at Niagara as hubby didn't really need to be there so I told him it wasn't necessary and was happy to have some me time for a change so just took the Canada coach and kick back and enjoyed the scenery and downtime etc. Everything went well. Walked over the Rainbow bridge to the US side, handed them my docs and did flagpole then walked back over to the Cdn side and did paperwork. Glad I took this option as it was fast and easy rather than having to await appointment from local CIC office which can take 6 to 8 weeks, depending on how busy the office is, and the notification is mailed to you. Anyway this post is overdue but couldn't let the day finished without letting you all know I haven't forgotten you but have just been busy with personal life. Hang in there everyone, keep positive and keep the faith.
tamarindball!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((BIG HUG))) & a :-*.

Thank you for sharing your unique landing story with us and for keeping us in your thoughts. I love that you crossed over 'Rainbow Bridge'...it sounds like a dreamy fairy tale! Reminds me of the song I walked down the aisle to on my wedding day: Somewhere Over The Rainbow. *sigh*

I am so sorry to hear about the accident you were in, it must have been very frightening. :eek:

Thank goodness you are okay and I hope you recover 100% through physiotherapy.

When you have time, please come back and visit us!

Thanks again for sharing your story with us.

God bless you and Mr. tamarindball!

Mrs. Reckford

Oct 29, 2012
Regina saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 19 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Friday August 23rd, 2013
LANDED..........
September 5, 013
Can anyone tell me if when we land in toronto and my husband has to go to immigration if they will allow me to go with him. We have a 10 hour layover in Toronto. My husband has never left jamaica before and I don't want to be separated from him. Also does anyone know what the questions are they ask him in immigration are?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Mrs. Reckford said:
Can anyone tell me if when we land in toronto and my husband has to go to immigration if they will allow me to go with him. We have a 10 hour layover in Toronto. My husband has never left jamaica before and I don't want to be separated from him. Also does anyone know what the questions are they ask him in immigration are?
Here is what I have read on the forum:

When you and your hubby arrive in Toronto, tell the customs officer that your husband is here to do his immigration landing and that you would like to go with him if possible. They will want to see his documents, custom card (that you complete on the plane) and to be extra organized he can prepare two copies of a list (preferably typed) of all the goods he's bringing into Canada as settler's effects, showing the value, make, model and serial number, if the item has one. Divide the list into two sections: the goods you are bringing with you and the goods to follow. Or he can complete the B4 form:

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Many people have not completed the B4 form and it doesn't seem to be a problem but I would do it just so there's no hassle.

Here's some additional landing information from the CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border-interview.asp

Most of the landing stories I have read of people going through Toronto are very positive and quick! Ten hours (ugh!) will be more than enough time! :D

Mrs. Reckford

Oct 29, 2012
Regina saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 19 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Friday August 23rd, 2013
LANDED..........
September 5, 013
Nevaeha said:
Here is what I have read on the forum:
Thank u! This helps a lot!

When you and your hubby arrive in Toronto, tell the customs officer that your husband is here to do his immigration landing and that you would like to go with him if possible. They will want to see his documents, custom card (that you complete on the plane) and to be extra organized he can prepare two copies of a list (preferably typed) of all the goods he's bringing into Canada as settler's effects, showing the value, make, model and serial number, if the item has one. Divide the list into two sections: the goods you are bringing with you and the goods to follow. Or he can complete the B4 form:

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Many people have not completed the B4 form and it doesn't seem to be a problem but I would do it just so there's no hassle.

Here's some additional landing information from the CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border-interview.asp

Most of the landing stories I have read of people going through Toronto are very positive and quick! Ten hours (ugh!) will be more than enough time! :D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
tamarindball said:
Hello Forum Family

I am still here with you all if not physically but mentally. I think of this forum everyday wondering who will be next on the PR train and hoping that someone will have good news daily. Congrats to Mrs. Record on your hubby's COPR. Two days of PP return was awfully speedy and am glad your plans can go as scheduled. I trust tomorrow and the rest of the week will bring more good news esp for those waiting so very long. Mrs.Maddants your time is drawing near. Just remember that all things work together for good and God's Appointed Time is the best time for you and Maddants. As to Chickie, Nevaeha, Sammy,and all the others in waiting for over a year, your victory is around the corner too so just make sure you're ready for that notification as it's on its way. Anyway, I am just giving you all a quick shoutout. I was involved in a very serious accident since I last posted so have been very busy dealing with that plus of course all the other affairs that come with bng a new immigrant. Both cars have been written off and the other driver has bn charged for careless driving as she ran a stop sign going east while we were going north so there was a huge collision. Thankfully I am ok but have to be doing physio nevertheless. Outside of that bad news which still ended up good and I give God all the praise and thanks, I completed my landing at the border so am now an official PR. For those who know I arrived Canada last June so had bn a visitor prior to getting PR so I didn't just land!. My arrival then was more "juicy" having not seen hubby for several months as he returned Canada bfore me so he met me at the airport with a red rose in his hands and since the plan was not for me to return Jamaica I got a very big welcome to Canada as it wasn't so much an easy decision for me to leave Ja, one part wanted to and the other wasn't quite ready yet, and I was hoping hubby would return to live there. However, after all decisions were final and my mind was made up there was no turning back. We headed straight from the airport to spend time at Niagara Falls and had a super fine time. This time I went to the border alone at Niagara as hubby didn't really need to be there so I told him it wasn't necessary and was happy to have some me time for a change so just took the Canada coach and kick back and enjoyed the scenery and downtime etc. Everything went well. Walked over the Rainbow bridge to the US side, handed them my docs and did flagpole then walked back over to the Cdn side and did paperwork. Glad I took this option as it was fast and easy rather than having to await appointment from local CIC office which can take 6 to 8 weeks, depending on how busy the office is, and the notification is mailed to you. Anyway this post is overdue but couldn't let the day finished without letting you all know I haven't forgotten you but have just been busy with personal life. Hang in there everyone, keep positive and keep the faith.
Woohoo to being an official Canadian now! Now you gotta start talking like us and start saying "Eh" how you doing Eh? LMAO

Congrats again!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Well happy Monday morning all.....back to the grind here! As much as I hate weekends I am looking forward to this long weekend coming up so I can have 3 days off! Am tired and wanna relax!
Come on Kingston what you got for us this week? Give us some good news!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
tamarindball said:
Hello Forum Family

God is awesome; so happy you are ok Tamarindball; all the best with everything; and congrats again on your PR.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
tamarindball said:
Hello Forum Family

congrats on getting your pr...and nice landing story.....you crossing over the rainbow bridge is very nice because on the other end of it was your pot of gold which turned out to be your pernament residency

Flowers18

Jul 4, 2013
Hey
We were gonna apply for a travel visa even though it is a long shot, does anyone know about this new thing where you need to be finger printed???

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Flowers18 said:
Hey
We were gonna apply for a travel visa even though it is a long shot, does anyone know about this new thing where you need to be finger printed???

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/jamaica-jamaique/visas/52_1.aspx?lang=eng

here is a checklist for everything you need to apply for a visitors visa

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
ok i feel like an idiot.. someone please help me.... filling out sponsorship portion of the papers...im stuck on the sponsorship evaulation... number 3 your personal net income...do i just add up how much money i made just from my job in the last 12 months... then im stuck on the next questions the whole undertaking stuff....im only sponsoring my husband and have never sponsored anyone else.. what do i put in those little boxes???

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
stacyr320 said:
ok i feel like an idiot.. someone please help me.... filling out sponsorship portion of the papers...im stuck on the sponsorship evaulation... number 3 your personal net income...do i just add up how much money i made just from my job in the last 12 months... then im stuck on the next questions the whole undertaking stuff....im only sponsoring my husband and have never sponsored anyone else.. what do i put in those little boxes???
Form IMM5481_Sponsorship Evaluation:

1) Yes, add up your net income for the last 12 months preceding the date of your application.
2) Answer all of the questions and if the answer is zero, then put '0' in the boxes and then add up the total of the boxes for question #7. If it is just you, the Sponsor and your hubby, the Applicant then the total should be 2.

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Good night everyone,

Glad to read that someone got some great news, a next hubby to join his wife soon :D
I am still waiting for a response from Kingston to my email I sent them two weeks ago inquiring if they received my hubby's file from CIC... Do they take long to email back or my question should be; do they always answer?

Thanks and have a good week!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
cafelatte02 said:
Good night everyone,

Glad to read that someone got some great news, a next hubby to join his wife soon :D
I am still waiting for a response from Kingston to my email I sent them two weeks ago inquiring if they received my hubby's file from CIC... Do they take long to email back or my question should be; do they always answer?

Thanks and have a good week!
Yes, they can take a long time to respond to your email and no, unfortunately they don't always reply. :'(