July 2012, Re-done Nov 2013
Passport Req..
26-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-06-214
dlmo77 said:
well 32 weeks prego with no hubby around leaves me with no life for sure right now lol...trying to enjoy the last quiet moments i can.
But I keep dwelling on the fact that my son wont have those first moments as a newborn to see his dada or hear his voice... :(
Hope that when we reunite its a moment that comes soon as he has not been around to see us since I was 4 months along...never saw me struggle through these rough emotional days without his help.

I need him back KINGSTON!!! Keep the work going !!!

Got no family but him and miss him like crazy!
This sounds just like my situation! our son is now 5 months old, hopefully i will be able to go down to Jamaica soon so he can finally meet his dad. I totally understand how you are feeling right now! You will be just fine, especially when your son arrives :)

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Carli said:
when I spoke to my other half, he said that he has been told to wait till he is told to go for his medical by the embassy, this is what people in Ja do, is again what he was told.

Stop, do NOT pass GO, do not Collect $200.

Is exactly what will happen to your application should you submit it without your hubbie's medical and all dependent children. You would be submitting an incomplete application that will be returned back to you guaranteed AND delay your process.

Carli said:
I told him that no, you go to a specific Dr. and they have the forms there. Am I right or wrong on this?
The form is online and needs to be completed and brought to the Dr's office. Please remember to bring, passport pictures, copies of the bio page from his passport and any dependent children on the application. The forms are not provided by the Doctor.

Carli

Dec 8, 2012
Nevaeha said:
Hey stranger! I hope all is well with you.

The first medical (and hopefully the only one) is to be sent with your original application to Mississagua. If it expires (one year to the date hubby had it done) Kingston will either request an extension on it (if it's the last thing to fall in to place before PPR) or request your hubby to go get another one. Different people on this thread, do different things: some will wait to hear from Kingston about redoing the medical or do it without being asked to save time. It is a personal choce and only you and hubby know what is best for the both of you.

Yes, you are correct, your hubby needs to go to a specific doctor (a handful to choose from) and they should have the forms for him to fill out. All of this information and the form is on the CIC website.

Hmmmmm. As for the Digicel printout for the last year of calls, I haven't heard that the Embassy will request them from Digicel directly. Maybe someone else can comment on this. Hubby and I lucked out and got three months of data from Digical that we submiited with our original application. My hubby was told that he could request them every three months from Digicel but when he tried getting more, Digicel told him they needed a letter from immigration to grant his request. So we ended up submitting the call log we got from Digicel, on line top up history from when we added international minutes to hubby's phone, copies of my phone bills where my calls went to hubby's voice mail (small proof of our phone calls), and a letter explaining that Digicel requires a letter from them if they require more proof of phone calls - and believe me there is a lot!

This is what I mentioned to him, in regards to the medical, regardless if its the first or second one, you have to do it before I can send in the app. He is getting alot of info from people down there, some have been thru the process, but things change daily it seems, so he said he would go by what I am told on here as we are all in the process...as for the Digicel, am thinking that they have been getting so many requests, maybe this is why they have changed where they wait for the embassy to request the minutes...I have never topped up his phone, he does that himself each month, so I cant go there to get a print off. Honestly, I wish there was a checkoff page, lol...everything that has to be completed and included when sending in the application, I know its all there but I obviously missed some things, ie: pics of himself, like passport ones but different..things like that, me thinks I was reading to fast, but with point form, nothing would be missed, lol, but this is the goverment we are dealing with here, where is my mind. Thanks muchly Nevaeha, think with all my working, my mind is tired, maybe thats where the problem lies, but we will beat this, lol.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Halfmoon is correct about including the medical in your app.

Halfmoon said:
The form is online and needs to be completed and brought to the Dr's office. Please remember to bring copies of the bio page from his passport and any dependent children on the application. The forms are not provided by the Doctor.
Just to inform you, there has been a change with the medical form. It is very new so not everyone will be aware. You NO longer print off the form. You get it from the Doctor when you go for your medical.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day

Carli

Dec 8, 2012
Jamgirl said:
Hey Carli,

I myself had this same disagreement with my husband and so have others on here in the past. If applying for Family sponsorship, you do the medical before submitting the application and remembering to include the certificate received from the doctor with the application.

The confusion in Jamaica come from the different class in which they apply. When applying for Skilled Worker class, for example, the medical is not included in the application and rather is requested by Kingston at a later time in processing.

This may help in explanation to your husband as I know mine was convinced that it does not have to be done before hand. If it is not done previous to submission, they can return your entire application to you as in the case of Chickie...

Good luck
Thanks Jam Girl, I never even thought to mention this to him, I should have remember about it as I have friends that come here on work visa's...at least they are willing to listen to reason on these issues, lol, love him to death, but darn the "I am right" attitude, lol, which he is more often than not, but not this time, lol.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Carli said:
Honestly, I wish there was a checkoff page, lol...everything that has to be completed and included when sending in the application
Are you aware of the checklist that should also be included in your application?

Sponsor:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5287E.pdf

Carli said:
Thanks Jam Girl, I never even thought to mention this to him, I should have remember about it as I have friends that come here on work visa's...at least they are willing to listen to reason on these issues, lol, love him to death, but darn the "I am right" attitude, lol, which he is more often than not, but not this time, lol.
Your welcome,
Sometimes it is easier to convince them your right if you tell them why not just because "we are right" lol.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Here are a few links to assist you some more Carli. Good Luck!

CIC Panel Doctor's in Jamaica:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2056&CountryName=Jamaica

Country Specific Checklist for Jamaica - PR Applicant:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3909e.pdf

Medical Instructions:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/Med-Exam-Instructions-eng.pdf

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Question for everyone!!

Here here....

In order for CIC to issue a valid PR visa, does the police certificate have to be valid/unexpired?

It only mentions the medical or passports being valid in order to issue a valid PR visa but nothing about police certificate.

Reason being is hubbie is planning on redoing it on Tuesday. Just wouldn't want him to redo it if it's not required for CIC to issue the visa.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
A year ago when I joined this forum, it seemed that they didn't really ask for pcc redo in all cases. Now it seems they do. I have never seen anything written on the website that says it is mandatory to land with it, but it does seem to be Kingston's practice as of late. What date did your husband do his?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Jamgirl said:
Applicant:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.pdf
Evening JG!

Can you confirm this is the correct checklist for the applicant? It states to use the Vagreville address which I thought was for inland sponsorship cases only.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
oh poop, I didn't read it that closely, thanks for picking up on that for me!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Nevaeha said:
Evening JG!

Can you confirm this is the correct checklist for the applicant? It states to use the Vagreville address which I thought was for inland sponsorship cases only.
Posted above. Here is the one for Jamaica.

Country Specific Checklist for Jamaica - PR Applicant:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3909e.pdf

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Jamgirl said:
oh poop, I didn't read it that closely, thanks for picking up on that for me!
We've all got each other's backs! ;D

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
For all who is beginning the application process, print and complete everything in Part I and Part II to the following link. This link covers ALL required forms to have a complete application package for spousal sponsorship. Please find the specific country and select as appropriate in Part III.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate