Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
if i thought i only had 6 months to wait...id be alright....but come in like luck of the draw...u dont know u just sit there not knowing.

if i could know from today whether im going to be a 6 month wait or 18....that would simplify a whole lot of thoughts right now....as well as decisions.

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
anyhow...lets us see how i feel after i come back...one visit can usually tie me over for about 2 months...before misery sets in again.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
@anada i feel you on the whole wishing you had a time frame thing ...naw lie though the whole thing about holding ova for a few months after a visit that don't work for me nonetall once the worst part about going home is having to leave again.... then once i am back the majour depression kicks in cause i am back to waking up day in day out and going on with life knowing the other half of my family is in another country. Not being able to have my baby girl climb on my lap and snuggle in trying to get comfortable whiles i read them a story ....... sorry tosound so depressing today but i seriously just miss my family and this waiting is killing me :'( :'( :'( :'(

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
ready_fi_move_on said:
@ anada i feel you on the whole wishing you had a time frame thing ...naw lie though the whole thing about holding ova for a few months after a visit that don't work for me nonetall once the worst part about going home is having to leave again.... then once i am back the majour depression kicks in cause i am back to waking up day in day out and going on with life knowing the other half of my family is in another country. Not being able to have my baby girl climb on my lap and snuggle in trying to get comfortable whiles i read them a story ....... sorry tosound so depressing today but i seriously just miss my family and this waiting is killing me :'( :'( :'( :'(
Boy I really feel it for you :'( I really pray that all those separated from their family be reunited asap. It really isn't easy.

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
ready_fi_move_on said:
@ anada i feel you on the whole wishing you had a time frame thing ...naw lie though the whole thing about holding ova for a few months after a visit that don't work for me nonetall once the worst part about going home is having to leave again.... then once i am back the majour depression kicks in cause i am back to waking up day in day out and going on with life knowing the other half of my family is in another country. Not being able to have my baby girl climb on my lap and snuggle in trying to get comfortable whiles i read them a story ....... sorry tosound so depressing today but i seriously just miss my family and this waiting is killing me :'( :'( :'( :'(
if i didnt have a debt that im paying off right now...i wouldnt be coming back next month...not until he gets through....but i have about 4k ive got to pay off first, before i can jump ship.

Happiest day of my life so it feels is when landing...then the departure i ahve to drag myself, and force myself to go...ive already missed a flight in the past lol...and that extra day was heaven....glad it happened...but not something id do on purpose cause thats additional coin i didnt bank on spending.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH GODDDDDDD set us FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
my head is beating me to the point it wont stop till i get there...my man is trying hard and is leaning towards having me come stay with him...cause he knows this is killing me....i know my kids will be fine with they dad and step mom for the year....so if its what a gotta do then....then i gotta do it. i do have options....either way im torn...

i dont want to jump ship then in 5 months time he gets through like wtf...that would be a waste....BUT for the sake of 18 months??? FAKK that shit!!!!! we dont know what to do.,

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
and with my luck..id end up landing an s.o.b of an officer, whod twiddle they tumbs and wait for 15 months before putting him through....

ppl down there often have a hard time seeing others reach ahead....NOT ALL but MANY.

I CERTAINLY HOPE a man processes our file and not a woman....if its a woman...KMT!!!

LifeSoonSortOut

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2010
File Transfer...
03/08/2010
Med's Done....
01/03/2010 and re-sent 15/05/2011
Passport Req..
25/01/2011 and returned 01/05/2011; 03/16/2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 3, 2012
LANDED..........
April 15, 2012
Anada said:
my i ask why it took so long>?
You can ask, but unfortunately I do not have an answer for you other than it was the will of God. My husband has never committed a crime, he worked in Canada for two years and returned to Jamaica on his free will. He was not deported, he did not seek refugee status in order to waste time.

In January 2011 he was asked to submit his passport and he did not receive it back until April 2011 when they told him his medical and police clearance had expired. They then proceeded to sit on his file until this year when March when Jason Kenney started to light a fire under KG'ston to start cleaning up their files.

Ananda, the truth is you're getting solicited and unsolicited advice from a wide variety of people in this room, but you've already made up your mind about what you want to do. No one can tell you how difficult or easy the wait will be. No one can tell you what is a right or a wrong decision. All, I can say is make sure your decision is fact based and will not negatively impact your children, your spouse and whoever else you care about. MrsIwsn had some really good points and you should take heed with what she said.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
So u r saying that people who apply for refugee status do it just to waste time????? What about the people who truly do apply for status???? I really take offense to what u said there I just want that to be known.

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Hi all hope u all are resting now or chatiing to the hubbies:) @ Charlie- about the book girl you're so informed! Yes its to do with love language n understanding each other!
@Alicat May God open a better door for you! N Blondie, Indeed steve knw what him talking about. @Mrs L! Great advice to Ananda love how u plain we wud get on! Must happy mr Mechanic in town huh!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
chickie72 said:
So u r saying that people who apply for refugee status do it just to waste time????? What about the people who truly do apply for status???? I really take offense to what u said there I just want that to be known.
Hi Chickie, sorry I dont know what you are referring to but specifically applying for refugee status FROM Jamaica is pretty much a waste of time, since there is almost no hope of proving a valid case. You have to compare Jamaica to a place like Iraq, or Afghanistan or places in Africa where they slaughter ppl on a daily basis, rape women, or bomb up. There is a huge difference. I actually take offense to Jamaicans that try to abuse the system by claiming refugee. I am a proud Jamaican, I am not a refugee from my country. I would never have be "protected" from my homeland. The refugee status should be used for ppl who have no other option and may die in their country. Being poor or wanting to go farrin does not qualify. Like I said I am not even sure who said what about refugee, but it was a thought that crossed my mind as you said it. I know you may have a stance on it because your husband has tried that route, and I am not trying to offend him or you in any way, but as a fellow J'can of your hubby, that is just not a way to go, often just a big waste of time, and sometimes those things can impact how future Jamaican immigrants are treated throught the system.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Well what I meant by it was this. My husband did not try to waste anyones time. Google Bloody Easter in Jamaica and you will see what I mean. His 14 year old daughter was shot and killed Easter weekend 2009, his aunt and her family had their house attacked a week later, his family was alleged to be informers, all over what??? Gang fighting for a mineral spa across the road from his home. My husband tried to get refugee status (before I met him) because he could not return home, he had no home to return too, his other daughter was in police protective custody and if he returned home he would be shot or he would have shot someone. Canada denied him (of course) and he had to return to JA. I had a friend help me to put him up in the country away from family, friends everything, for fear of him being killed while down there. He cannot get a job, he cannot go see his family, friends, or anything, he sits there, waiting day after day for this process to be finished so he can return to Canada and safety. So yes I do have a problem saying that refugee status is a waste of time. Some people actually do need to be "protected" from their homeland, because your police force will not protect them. He was not poor and he did not want to go to foreign, he had a life in JA, a home, a shop, a car everything was there for him, he did farm work in Canada also to help with his life in JA so he was not even there when his daughter was killed. I do not believe in the refugee status in so much as I think they will never allow someone from Jamaica to come to Canada as a refugee. We put in tons of documentation about what happened and still they denied him. So yes it was a waste of his time in the long run for him, but he had to try and I have to say if he was not here in Canada and trying then I would not have met the wonderful, loving husband that I have today. Not a day goes by that I do not thank God for him.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
chickie72 said:
Well what I meant by it was this. My husband did not try to waste anyones time. Google Bloody Easter in Jamaica and you will see what I mean. His 14 year old daughter was shot and killed Easter weekend 2009, his aunt and her family had their house attacked a week later, his family was alleged to be informers, all over what??? Gang fighting for a mineral spa across the road from his home. My husband tried to get refugee status (before I met him) because he could not return home, he had no home to return too, his other daughter was in police protective custody and if he returned home he would be shot or he would have shot someone. Canada denied him (of course) and he had to return to JA. I had a friend help me to put him up in the country away from family, friends everything, for fear of him being killed while down there. He cannot get a job, he cannot go see his family, friends, or anything, he sits there, waiting day after day for this process to be finished so he can return to Canada and safety. So yes I do have a problem saying that refugee status is a waste of time. Some people actually do need to be "protected" from their homeland, because your police force will not protect them. He was not poor and he did not want to go to foreign, he had a life in JA, a home, a shop, a car everything was there for him, he did farm work in Canada also to help with his life in JA so he was not even there when his daughter was killed. I do not believe in the refugee status in so much as I think they will never allow someone from Jamaica to come to Canada as a refugee. We put in tons of documentation about what happened and still they denied him. So yes it was a waste of his time in the long run for him, but he had to try and I have to say if he was not here in Canada and trying then I would not have met the wonderful, loving husband that I have today. Not a day goes by that I do not thank God for him.
Oh chickie72 what a story....it is just awful that we can't sponsor our spouses for visits because the government is "afraid" they will claim refugee status......my husband is from Cuba and I was told not to waste my time and money for a visitor's visa as he will be denied......it's not fair........that a few bad people ruin it for the majority of good people.....

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Yes that is true......I just wish they could make this process quicker somehow.