waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
BASHA ;D ;D ;D KYM ;D ;D ;D BASHA ;D ;D ;D KYM ;D ;D

WOO HOO!! What perfect timing!! I'm so so so Happy for you!! wishing you both life-long love and happiness! :-*

SQ & Chukie Congratulations with your new bundle's of joy on da way... ;D how wonderful...must be spring time.. ;)

Life soon sort out...sorry if my comments offended you, obviously those are not my intentions but we went to Carifest parade and there were only about a dozen people at the parade...it was sad to say the least. I can't force him if that's not what he wants, we are grown people...right now he wants to focus on work and a home for us, He doesnt really trust anyone...so he has to open his heart to people around him...I've told him the world is not out to get him, it will take some time. He loves his job and loves coming home to us, we went for Italian today, it was GREAT!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Happy Hump Day!!

Good lovely morning to everyone and who put the wheels on this week! :eek:

Man, time is flying. I hear a clock ticking very loudly nowadays, haha! And it seems the days just zoom by! I'm so excited to watch everything come together for others, and know that they are doing the same for me. Pretty much everything is in place, it's just to get to the actual day for things to happen! :)

Come on, KG, let's get some more folks reunited! NNNNEEEEXXXXTTTT!!!!

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
I see we have more greens comin up!!!!! BIG Congrats to Basha and kym on hubby's landings, can't wait for stories, I'm already tearing up!!!! :eek:

And Congrats to SQ and Chukie on the buns in the oven!!!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
I am sure this will not come as a surprise, but I STRONGLY agree with SQ & LSSO. I read these posts and asked my husband his opinion on how he feels so far. He said he misses knowing where everything is, and if he wanna jump up to work or go link a man he can jus go without the worry of thinking about getting lost, but he said that he so far doesnt feel like he is "missing" all things J'can because we ARE jAMAICANS. No matter where in the world we are, myself or him will never forget where we came from, our culture or our ppl. I would wither and die in small country towns here in Canada, because I feel uncomfortable there, (even tho mi a country gyal ah yard) lol. From my own personal experience small towns in Ontario are all one set of ppl with no culture at all. Even in Toronto if its not Carribean, yu see Chinese, Indians, all sort of Euro's, every nation mix up in one, so its kind of interesting. I have said this b4 I keep a Jamaican household with of course an embrace of Canadian lifestyle.I am very sorry Suki your husband feels that way. J'cans have come a long way in Canada from the early 90's when were had a lot of drug n gunman coming in and giving a bad reputation. I can assure you that is a small percentage of jcans, and that is compared to back then almost unheard of nowadays. All my close friends and relatives are J'can and none of them are deportees. They live here, some of them wutless, some of them successful but none of them make me ashamed to be who I am. I cant even imagine mi husband surrounded by a bunch of Canadians drinking beer n skiing (sorry jus an example) LOL..that makes mi buss out a big laugh! Then again I couldnt see myself doing that either. I agree when you migrate you should embrace some of the Canadian culture, but at the same time be fiercely proud of where you are from. There is no shame in that. Big up sunday dinna rice n peas, oxtail, curry goat steam fish n crackers, big up Vybz Kartel even tho we shame him in Jail or bleach fi get fame n money but ah maad artist, big up Mavado all when him lose him visa, big up all good and bad. I know many of you will not agree with me, but it's my opinion. I appreciate yours as well. NEVER sell out.

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
Ugh...see this is what I worry about :'(

I (for now) live in northern Ontario, small community of 2200 or so. Not a multi-cultural town in my eyes, although their ARE 3 First Nation reserves, there is only one other black man....Hubby is from Portmore,k he says he'll be fine here. He plans on getting right into Distance Education.
Now I am NOT a country girl...lol...although I was raised in a town of less than 200, I hate winter, I hate blackflies and mosquitos...Ok I do love my beer though. LOL Put me in Tdot/area...omg I'm in my glory! I'm taking a course so that we can eventually move to a bigger community, but I worry that he'll be bored here and feel like a 'minority'. My friends all can't wait for him to get here....but...what if he doesn't want 'Joe Rednecks' as friends. :eek: Oh and I hate country music too ;)
I've been trying to learn some J'can cooking these past 3 yrs. I make an awesome oxtail/rice n peas, spicy coconut shrimp/chicken. :p

So fingers crossed hubby doesn't have major homesickness..... :'(

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
AliCatShaw said:
Ugh...see this is what I worry about :'(

I (for now) live in northern Ontario, small community of 2200 or so. Not a multi-cultural town in my eyes, although their ARE 3 First Nation reserves, there is only one other black man....Hubby is from Portmore,k he says he'll be fine here. He plans on getting right into Distance Education.
Now I am NOT a country girl...lol...although I was raised in a town of less than 200, I hate winter, I hate blackflies and mosquitos...Ok I do love my beer though. LOL Put me in Tdot/area...omg I'm in my glory! I'm taking a course so that we can eventually move to a bigger community, but I worry that he'll be bored here and feel like a 'minority'. My friends all can't wait for him to get here....but...what if he doesn't want 'Joe Rednecks' as friends. :eek: Oh and I hate country music too ;)
I've been trying to learn some J'can cooking these past 3 yrs. I make an awesome oxtail/rice n peas, spicy coconut shrimp/chicken. :p

So fingers crossed hubby doesn't have major homesickness..... :'(
Thats a great attitude Ali...

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
Thnx Mrslwsn!

I love J'can culture, food, music.....have a flag in the kitchen...this all makes me feel closer to hubby while he's not here.

So until we can afford to move to 'civilization'......all I can do to help us both with 'withdrawls' is take a monthly/bi-monthly trip to Tdot to visit his friend and feast on JA food.

LifeSoonSortOut

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2010
File Transfer...
03/08/2010
Med's Done....
01/03/2010 and re-sent 15/05/2011
Passport Req..
25/01/2011 and returned 01/05/2011; 03/16/2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 3, 2012
LANDED..........
April 15, 2012
Mrslwsn said:
I am sure this will not come as a surprise, but I STRONGLY agree with SQ & LSSO. I read these posts and asked my husband his opinion on how he feels so far. He said he misses knowing where everything is, and if he wanna jump up to work or go link a man he can jus go without the worry of thinking about getting lost, but he said that he so far doesnt feel like he is "missing" all things J'can because we ARE jAMAICANS. No matter where in the world we are, myself or him will never forget where we came from, our culture or our ppl. I would wither and die in small country towns here in Canada, because I feel uncomfortable there, (even tho mi a country gyal ah yard) lol. From my own personal experience small towns in Ontario are all one set of ppl with no culture at all. Even in Toronto if its not Carribean, yu see Chinese, Indians, all sort of Euro's, every nation mix up in one, so its kind of interesting. I have said this b4 I keep a Jamaican household with of course an embrace of Canadian lifestyle.I am very sorry Suki your husband feels that way. J'cans have come a long way in Canada from the early 90's when were had a lot of drug n gunman coming in and giving a bad reputation. I can assure you that is a small percentage of jcans, and that is compared to back then almost unheard of nowadays. All my close friends and relatives are J'can and none of them are deportees. They live here, some of them wutless, some of them successful but none of them make me ashamed to be who I am. I cant even imagine mi husband surrounded by a bunch of Canadians drinking beer n skiing (sorry jus an example) LOL..that makes mi buss out a big laugh! Then again I couldnt see myself doing that either. I agree when you migrate you should embrace some of the Canadian culture, but at the same time be fiercely proud of where you are from. There is no shame in that. Big up sunday dinna rice n peas, oxtail, curry goat steam fish n crackers, big up Vybz Kartel even tho we shame him in Jail or bleach fi get fame n money but ah maad artist, big up Mavado all when him lose him visa, big up all good and bad. I know many of you will not agree with me, but it's my opinion. I appreciate yours as well. NEVER sell out.
My girl truer words have never been said! Jamaican fi life!

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Mrslwsn, I totally respect what you have to say, this is a Huge learning curve for me as well and when you mention Sunday dinner, makes me realize we dont have that, I know it's early but we dont really have a routine or a family day, but it's just us two, we dont have young children we kinda eat and do what we want when we want! but a routine wouldl be great!!

LOL @ skiing, and drinking beer....not really me-I dont drink,But I have taken a spill or two on a snowboard (which I love ) however hubby was in the mountains the other day and wanted to go skiing, but he didnt have gloves so he went horsebackriding instead, this does not make him a sell out....I love Movado....but he loves Garth Brooks ::)-He also loves Bounty Killa- Beenie man -Queen Ifrica etc... we live in a diverse world, where he was only able to experience Jamaica his whole life, now he is open to endless possibilites and opportunities....He want's to visit my Birth Country in Europe as well and now he can, he speaks of it often, this too does not make him a sell out, just means he is ready for the world, when it comes to likes and dislikes we just compromise the best we can! I have never heard of one Jamaican being deported from Calgary...not on the news not from anyone...He just tells me what he has experienced and heard and that does shame him...he is a very proud Jamaican and he loves his Country and is very concerned about what is happeneing in Jamaica right now! Please do not get me wrong!

Ali, Hubby came to make a life with you...if Joe rednecks are his friends he will be more than happy to have them around...you can have true friends with all ethnic backgrounds...friends are friends!

Hubby told me he met a Jamaican man at his work yesterday, he said the man drive two days to come to Calgary leff his wife in TO for a new Lady in Calgary... :( sad... Am I going to make him quit his job because of a bad apple ...Hell no, we have a house and a life to build. :D

Going shopping for a flag after work (thanks for the tip Ali)...and a license plate cover and a jamaican tassle for his mirror(I am keeping mine), hubby is a proud owner of a car, something he bought off his boss, to get him around and learn the streets!!

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
suki said:
Ali, Hubby came to make a life with you...if Joe rednecks are his friends he will be more than happy to have them around...you can have true friends with all ethnic backgrounds...friends are friends!
A dat! Thnx suki! I needed that reminder :eek: <<~~~~ those will forever be 'suki eyes' LOL

icesfluffy

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
burlington,toronto, sauga, ontairo
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 23, 2011
AOR Received.
nov 10, 2011
File Transfer...
NOV,10,2011
Med's Done....
JULY,20,2011
suki said:
BASHA ;D ;D ;D KYM ;D ;D ;D BASHA ;D ;D ;D KYM ;D ;D

WOO HOO!! What perfect timing!! I'm so so so Happy for you!! wishing you both life-long love and happiness! :-*

SQ & Chukie Congratulations with your new bundle's of joy on da way... ;D how wonderful...must be spring time.. ;)

Life soon sort out...sorry if my comments offended you, obviously those are not my intentions but we went to Carifest parade and there were only about a dozen people at the parade...it was sad to say the least. I can't force him if that's not what he wants, we are grown people...right now he wants to focus on work and a home for us, He doesnt really trust anyone...so he has to open his heart to people around him...I've told him the world is not out to get him, it will take some time. He loves his job and loves coming home to us, we went for Italian today, it was GREAT!

MY HUSBAND IS THE SAME WAY SUKI SO I UNDERSTAND WHERE UR COMIN FROM MY HUBBY DOES NOT TRUST TO MANY PEOPLE AND SOME TIME THINKS THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET HIM GROWING UP HE WAS NOT USE TO PEOPLE LOOKIN OUT FOR HIM AND JUST DOIN SOME THING NICE FOR HIM FOR NO REASON UNTILL I CAME ALONG SOME TIMES I STILL HAVE TO REMIND HIM THAT I AM ACUALLY ON HIS SIDE AND WHY WOULD I LEAD HIM A STRAY IF WE ARE MARRIED CUZ IT AFFECTS ME TO ...BUT IM HOPIN IT WILL CHANGE WITH HIM CUZ I WANT HIM TO HAVE A BESTFRIEND AND WANT TO GO OUT WITH OR WITH OUT ME AND HIM TO RELIZE THAT NOT EVERY ONE HAS BAD INTENTIONS

AMANDAWOOD

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec-15-2011
Med's Done....
sent with orignal appliction
Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [move]GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME[move]
[size=30pt]KYM, BASHA

CONGRTATULATIONS LADIES

I AM SO HAPPY FOR BOTH Of you!!!!
congrats to the new baby news going on up in here yeahhh

@mrs Lwsn ... preach it my girl
no matter where i am at and matter where i go i will stand true and proud Jamaican

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
No matter where I am now, my red dirt will be deeply embedded in me until the day God takes me home.

LifeSoonSortOut

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2010
File Transfer...
03/08/2010