+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

C

charmine

ladyposh said:
Wow Chelley thanks for your explanation of these things...you seem to know abit about the process....that is why I love this forum....I have learned so much on here.

Can someone tell me something....KGN closes at 1pm on Fridays does that mean for the public or in general? I am asking because I was hoping they are still in office and there is a chance that they may still make some calls out before the weekend.

I am praying that my new update is not a glitch this time...... :D
lol

masskendawta

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-11-2010
AOR Received.
01-09-2010
Morning Forum Family,

after checking ecas this morning my application information has now disappeared completley!...ecas now has "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided".

So I trolled some other message boards and found this:

Basically ignore most of Ecas right now. CIC/CHC is migrating it's information to GCMS and you are getting all sorts of funny ecas results. It is even effect people have ordered CAIPS. On the CAIPS report it will show PSDEC and a code 9. Meaning the application is no longer in CAIPS but is in GCMS. I wouldn't be surprised if the teething pains for the new system go on for up to a year.

So basically those of us who have issue with ecas: addresses being missing and medical results appearing and dissapearing I think it safe to say that we should take this info with a huge grain of salt!......LOL!!!

Does anyone know what GCMS means?

C

charmine

while going through the updated Charlie posted does any one noticed or is it just me, that for April 2010 no one got landed, kg completely skiped that month and moved on to may, I wonder why?

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
masskendawta said:
Does anyone know what GCMS means?
Global Case Management System

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hi Charmine...can you please give me a basic timeline so I know what to add for the updates listing :)

I am sure you have probably said it somewhere else in your posts, but it helps if I see it all together.

C

charmine

App. Filed....................: 26-02-2010
Meds done...................: Nov -2009
File Transfer.................: 23-02-2010
AOR Received...............: 24-03-2010
KG processing began.....: 12-04-2010
Med's Request..............: 24-01-2011 (re-do)
Med's Sent..................: 11-02-2011
PPR..... 8) :'( ::).......................: Pending

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
I just noticed it was a year today that your visa was issued CHELLEY!!
So tell us how has the year been????

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
yes... actually i was just reflecting to my best friend that it's been a year already (since today is her birthday and i told her last year her bday was lucky for me when we got the visa, it continued to be lucky for me, got an AIP (bonus) payout from my work... not a huge amount, but enough to make a respectable dent in my credit card bill LOL)... i loves March 4th :)

this year has been interesting.. a lot of ups, and yes, a lot of downs too... we had some rough spots... all and all we've come out on top (there were times when i doubted it, to be truthful), but we've made a lot of progress and are really starting to function as a family... since he was coming into my already existing family (2 kids from a previous marriage and we have one together), he went from being a single jamaican dude to a married father of 3 overnight... a lot of adjustments for him... but he's taking it in stride and i love him and appreciate him more every day for it... sometimes i want to hit him over the head with one brick... but in the end we've managed to come out on top with no permanent damage and more in love than ever i think....

awwwww....

i don't get mushy much lol

honestly since our wait was done together (we moved (back) to jamaica together in November 09), the entire process has been so anticlimatical... i do understand the separation and the wait (we went through almost all of my pregnancy apart), but i've never been able to relate to so many of the "awwwww" moments i hear about... the elation of getting that call, the anticipation of the next call, the tearful reunion.... i never got all that... our moves were done on our terms and planned for months... Having the short processing time we did actually sort of messed up our plans (to stay until the kids had finished their school year), we stuck it out on the island for more than 2 months after we got the visa, rather than booking first flight out...

I have said in the past, i wish i could give some of you guys a few months of my timeline since we really weren't the ones living thousands of miles apart and wishing and praying day in and day out at that point in time.... all seemed so unfair to me... looking back at this day, i do remember all those thoughts and feelings too...

but if you're still waiting, hang in there, it all happens in due time, and you too will get your chance to want to throw things at him/her before you know it :) lol

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
oh... and speaking of due time... where's soanxious this week? girl, you get the call??

hope so!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good afternoon everyone. Been along time since I was on here. So many new people welcome to the board where you will fine great people and even better advice. Hope everyone is doing well. In my house we are good. Chelly hard to believe 1 yr pass already aye. Agree to the ups and downs. I think we have all had them. But true we all come out better people and better partners in the end.

My question to anyone who may know. Does anyone know how much it cost at the border if you need a visitor visa? We are gonna try probably Monday.

Ok so I figured I would see what I could find .. I am sooo confused even more. One border crossing tells me (i called) that all he needs is to come down and they can process right there. Bring his JA passport. Its free. UM OK so I called Lewiston and the guy says where is his passport from I tell him JA well does he have a CD visa in there? yes he does well what about US I said well no thats what I was calling about. Then he can't come sorry. Go to your Canadian Consulate. So has anyone been over with their hubby since they arrived?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Adding Charmine, newest newbie (although well along in processing) :) and updating proper and lilmaya :)

STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months
Missingmybaby Oct 08 HUBBY LANDED 25 Months
Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months
Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 HUSBAND LANDED 19 MONTHS
Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months
Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
soanxiouswifey May 09 VISA ISSUED
Cmom (dependant) May 09 Sponsorship approved & PR App sent
Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Done awaiting ARC
Rosemel (Quebec) June 09 HUBBY & GIRLS LANDED 18 MONTHS
Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 Meds & PC Redo, RPRF Reguest
Jamwifey Oct 09 LANDED 13 Months
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 LANDED 9 MONTHS
Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED
Kimore Nov 09 PPR
Yardie Dec 09 Meds & PCC Redo Request
M.A.L Dec 09 PPR
highlyflavoured(familyclass) Dec 09 Additional documents requested

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months
Angella Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 9 months
Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS
Canuck Feb 10 WIFE LANDED 9 MONTHS
Charmine Feb 10 Meds Re-do Request
KMC MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS
Virtuous MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
KensWife MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
Mylilangel APR 10 ARC fee requested
chukie APR 10 DOC REQUESTED
jesusgirl APR 10 AOR Received
Mika & sick May 10 LANDED 7 MONTHS
MommyT (dependent) MAY 10 SON LANDED 7 MONTHS
NaeNae MAY 10 HUBBY LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
Child of the king MAY 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS
Iambless June 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Godblesswife June 10 LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
KIDD June 10 HUBBY LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
Chantol June 10 DOC REQUESTED
MrsLonely June 10 Sponsorship approved
lonely_wife June 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Masskendawta June 10 ORIG. DOC REQUESTED
Ramdont June 10 PPR
ebonyshine June 10 ORIG. DOC REQUESTED
brownsuga July 10 PPR
ladyposh July 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
ABA Aug 10 AOR Received
Sanchester Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Reema Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
butterfly10 Sept 10 VISA ISSUED
Togirl2011 Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
jahlove Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Can-Indy-Jam Oct 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Randysgirl Nov 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
proper Nov 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Lilmaya Dec 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

Irving Jan 2011 Sponsorship approved (30 days)
Charlie D Feb 2011
Smoothie Waiting to send app off
JAMinCAN Waiting to send app off
MrsLWSN Waiting to send app off
georgee (conjugal) Waiting to send app off
suki Getting married in March

IF I MISSED ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charlie, ive had an Ecas update "Medicals Received" for a while now so you could probably change mine now. doesnt make a much a difference but still. lol
On the lighter side of things... i must say its funny to see the ladies write about needing their bambam. lol
I thought the mrs and i were the only ones openly suffering from a lack of vitamins S LOL. Its really something when you realize youre not the only one that thinks the way you do or have the questions you have and though i wish we all didnt have to go through this long and painful wait, im truly thankful for this site and for each and everyone here.... it feels alot better knowing im not alone in this.

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Hi Proper,

It looks like we applied around the same time so we'll probably be going through the same things around the same time...and hopefully soon! Our application was received in Mississauga on November 1st. My husband has not received his AOR and even though the trend says we won't be hearing anything for another little bit.. everytime the phone rings i think it's news from immigration. lol. It is so difficult being apart but like yourself I am so grateful for this forum and all the people that I feel like i can actually relate to.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey proper :) I updated the previous posting with your results.

Hahaha, yes, proper, women think about the bam bam too!

Lilmaya, it is the best feeling in the world to know you are not alone in going through something difficult. It helps to ease our feelings of isolation and strengthens our resolve to endure, no matter what, because others are there who can help us along.

I am watching "Something Different" with Sanaa Latham and Simon Baker. Hmmm, she is a black auditor married to a white landscaper....change that occupation to carpenter and you have my life/love story :O Someone owes me royalties! :p

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here Lilmaya, i havent recieved an AOR either and im scared to leave my phone for a second before 5 pm lol. My network is having problems with voicemail too so that makes me even more terrified of missing a call right now. its good that our time is pretty close too, so things should be changing for us around the same time i hope.

Charlie, i know that movie, i love everything Sanaa is in... Love and basketball is my favorite movie. This movie i can relate to though, My wife is white and she's the first and only white woman ive been with in all my life so it was all new and funny to explain to friends and family at first. The one thing i can tell every man though is that love is a funny thing.... it comes along when you least expect it and in many different shades, shapes and colors. so what do you do when the most amazing woman besides your mother comes along? do you pretend shes not there because shes not what youre used to?

Good thing i know the answer to that question, its one of if not the best thing to have happend to me!