+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

georgee

Nov 28, 2010
yes ladyposh...i realize he doesnt need to sign the papers...but he does have to be notified of the proceedings...i have been refused by multiple process servers (dont service cuba) and the other option is for me to post in the classified ads (which dont exist in communist countries) also this is the only country that DHL does not guarantee delivery to...lol...trust me i have been trying to get out of this situation for a very long time...advised by 2 lawyers and legal aid that i need a service ex juris & ex parte but just because i am dealing with cuba the standard way of proceeding is not possible...therefore it would be at a judges discretion how long to leave me in limbo...and the divorce may not be granted...no one can give me any solid answers...so due to the fact that this all can be proven, and im quite sure that can.imm. knows what this government is like to deal with... feelin like after much internal debate to just go ahead with howies app as a conjugal partner and if it is refused to re apply under humanitarian/compassion grounds which i know a few people that have been very successful with that app (and much quicker than the imm5490)....its all a crap shoot now....lengthy, costly divorce then imm5490 and wait...or try now imm5490 and possibly re apply if it doesnt work...im 34 and the clock is ticking!!! im sure i can eventually get howie here by multiple routes but wtf to do? heres what the canada website says...

Conjugal partner

This category is for partners—either of the opposite sex or same sex—in exceptional circumstances beyond their control that prevent them from qualifying as common-law partners or spouses by living together.

A conjugal relationship is more than a physical relationship. It means you depend on each other, there is some permanence to the relationship and there is the same level of commitment as a marriage or a common-law relationship.

You may apply as a conjugal partner if:

* you have maintained a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for at least one year and you have been prevented from living together or marrying because of:
o an immigration barrier
o your marital status (for example, you are married to someone else and living in a country where divorce is not possible) or
o your sexual orientation (for example, you are in a same-sex relationship and same-sex marriage is not permitted where you live)
* you can provide evidence there was a reason you could not live together (for example, you were refused long-term stays in each other’s country).

You should not apply as a conjugal partner if:

* You could have lived together but chose not to. This shows that you did not have the level of commitment required for a conjugal relationship. (For example, one of you may not have wanted to give up a job or a course of study, or your relationship was not yet at the point where you were ready to live together.)
* You cannot provide evidence there was a reason that kept you from living together.
* You are engaged to be married. In this case, you should either apply as a spouse once the marriage has taken place or apply as a common-law partner if you have lived together continuously for at least 12 months.

i appreciate all of your input...its all very confusing, but comforting to know that i can bounce it off you guys and see what u think :)
booking my flights friday, could depart from anywhere so you never know nae-nae ;) not even sure i will go to kingston this time...convinced howie to come on a vacation from there...so i would love to hear from anyone about fave places, restaurants...u know the fun stuff, wanna try something new!!! this time im winging it!!! lol

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
wow sounds confusing for sure georgee.... life sure does throw us a curve ball every once and a while. ???

Just out of curiosity, and you totally dont have to answer because its not really our bizness, but what would be your answer to this question:

* You could have lived together but chose not to. This shows that you did not have the level of commitment required for a conjugal relationship. (For example, one of you may not have wanted to give up a job or a course of study, or your relationship was not yet at the point where you were ready to live together.)

I know if it wasnt for my job and the difference in economy etc, that I would have picked up and lived in JA to be with my hubby in a second, get me away from these awful winters PLEASE!!! We still a house there actually - which I am dying to get back to one of these days.... but what would you say and why could you not move to JA if immigration asked?

I am pretty sure we all can make sense of why you would prefer to live together in Canada.... but thats what makes conjugal so hard to get accepted, because there are so many ifs and buts to it.....

I totally wish you the best of luck and I am 100% on your side and supportive!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone wow the board is really getting filled back up that is great ;D.
So we had a annoying happening at Ontario Health today. Last time we went she told hubby get proof of address banking etc. So we did that. So today as the lady is entering all his info she says oh you had a card way back when you were a migrant farm worker. Yes thats correct. Well she says your file is locked so I need to call Kingston On. Ok fine well it seems to be a big deal as to this and of course mulling over his papers. When did you leave, when did you get back? They locked your file in 2008, well he was already in JA by then. Nothing we said or papers seemed to satify this office or Kingston. So she faxed everything. Nope still not convinced. Then she says well you need banking he had that BUT oh no its a joint bank account no telling who's money is that or who does the transactions. Get your own so we can see you doing transactions and a letter from the temp service showing where you live. For some reason they don't believe he lives with me or that he is here to stay. Needless to say we left with nothing and a phone number for Kingston On that doesn't work. He has till Jan 20 to bring proof he lives here and with me. She told us he has to be on the lease cause of fire safety. Well I know plenth ppl who have friends living at there place who aren't on leases or morgages. Then my turn to renew mine. She went through my passport with a fine tooth comb checking every dang page and then says so you been here all along in Canada? Have you been gone? And yup I handed over paystub I had. :mad:
Just when we thought we were done with Goverment noooo here we go again. Anyone have any issues getting a HC?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Glo first of all did she say why they black balled his original health card?

I find it odd that this woman was doing what she was doing !! Man oh Man why on earth do people have to make their jobs harder than they actually are ...I say this daily at my work ...."she was trying to be a super hero" lol....trying to save the freakin planet.....!! LOL

All you need is proof of address Your landing papers and PP , BC watever because me and hubby brought it all just in case.
Anyways I suggest this, go and open his own account. Have his pay direct deposited into it ,after the first month they should send a bank statment. That will have his addy on it. As far as the lease is concerned she shouldn't be even going over any of those matters with either of you. All she is to do is process Heath Cards not give legal advice.
I'd tell the woman to go shut up and shove it where deh rass sun dont shine yuh see it!! lol (bad mi bad) .....

But honestly As far as her requesting propper proof of address i can see why she made a big deal over the bank account in both your names...Just open his own account and that will give them what they want!!

Has he got his PR card yet?

My hubby had a Health card from when he was here as well BUT of course it wasnt Locked or restricted...But give them what they want ...I am sure something has happened mabey his original overstay ? ....when it rains it pours now doesnt it!! lol

It really aint a big deal, he is here legally now... just open his own account!! and next time ask her if she is working for the landlord and tenant board on her days off my freind needs some good advice regarding her own personell situation ..lol hah

People huh i work for the government but the lowest form and let me tell you people try to do jobs and talk bout things that aint even in there job description...

I can see it now ...Health and tenant board canada ...OOOPPS better not give them any more job decreasing ideas .....!!

Have a good one everyboddy!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
glo - are you kidding me? that's total BS!!!! :mad: can you call your MP for help? what's it matter if he is on the lease or not? she was just being a total witch about it!!!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
KC.... theoretically you cannot just pick up and move to Jamaica... sure in practice it's doable as their systems just aren't always up to snuff, but they do have immigration laws and procedures that should be followed... since she is not married to her other half, she would have the same barrier to immigration that they have (not to visit but physically moving)... it's actually somewhat difficult to get perm. resident status in Jamaica without some business and/or marital ties.. As far as I know, Jamaica doesn't support common law relationships as a reason for immigration but i could be wrong...

glo... i've dealt with health canada in that context before.... had my card confinscated from me when i returned from living in the US... SO FRUSTRATING... do what they need to have done and write a formal letter of complaint.. I don't see why he should have to prove he's residing in Ontario in any different way than anyone else (unless he's had issues of having mulitple addresses in multiple provinces?)... but anyways..I do understand and sympathize.... they can be the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay.. need to get kids in bed
take care all

mylilangel

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
30-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Request
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
19-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2011
LANDED..........
22-08-2011
hi to everyone on this wonderful forum can someone explain what is a BRING FORWARD date and how do i know mine

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Got you Chelley! makes total sense to me.... so they cant even give her a hard time about that because the part where it says:

COULD is the key word there... where technically she couldnt........ nice! that was my only question regarding that who little blurb.

and i didnt know that they didnt recognize common law either! You learn something new every day!!

Isnt someone else filing conjugal partner as well?............... my memory stinks to remember off the top of my head!

Hi mylilangel, I can answer your question to the best of my knowledge

First, a bring forward date is the date that the IO would look at your file again.

People ususalyl find out or estimate their Bring Forward date two ways one by ordering caipes notes (notes which show what activity has gone on with your file) which shows the next Bring Forward Date, most of us on here have not ordered and have estimated the bring forward date which is the second way ~ Lets say that they send you a letter saying please send us your original documents, you have 60 days. We assume your bring forward date is 60 days from the day the letter was sent out. So if the letter was date January 1st, March 1st would be your estimated bring forward date.

Hope this helps!
What the bring forward date is, is simply the date that the IO would look at your file again.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
oh, and congrats on the non smoking lcw!! i quit smoking 2 years ago valentines day and it was the hardest thing i have ever done! so good stuff!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
KC...thanks ;D ;D

Yes i must say these last 2 months have been quit the journey ....I stopped smoking for so many reasons ...and then upon quitting discovered a whole new world ....and world i thought i would never be apart of and that is FREEDOM smelling good breathing freeeeeeee... Sounds kinda stupid!! But now i realize alot of things ...glad i quit and glad i joined the real world!! LOL now my hubby on the other hand ....he still puffing away .... :eek:

Mabey one day .....its kinda weird ...i said to him now that i have quit smoking i barely see you ...he says jesus what you mean by? I said i am always inside and you always out a door...He didnt say a word...but so it goes.....I have been a really good girl this year ...I asked santa for a non smoking husband ...Hmmmm wonder if ill get it? :p :p i can only dream and pray But Him to outta order tho ...him inna we garage smoking wid deh rass heater on ....my lawd ...mi a guh bruk it one of these days throw deh rass thing out inna one snow bank and mi sure as a god inna heaven him naw guh look fi it!! ...he wont like it out there when its -18 now will he hahahhahahahahahhah!!! I do have some back up plans if santa naw gimmie wah mi waant!!

....tootles!!

mylilangel

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
30-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Request
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
19-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2011
LANDED..........
22-08-2011
@ kc thanx for the explanation now i understand all about this bf date great job

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Hello,

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you, I just got back from another 15 days and tryin to catch up at work!! eeek has not been fun!

Well my process hasnt really even begun....I just got engaged, yay me!! lol, only took 38 years! Sherlock and I have been together just over a year, he's really Great.
We have arranged wedding date for March! I am meeting with an immigration consultant tomorrow at noon, just to see if that's the route I will take. My friend married a Man from Dominican Republic and he had him here in record time, 3 months with his son!

You guys are a great little support community, Congrats to all !! I love reading your stories..stay Blessed!

georgee

Nov 28, 2010
hi ladies thanks for the replies... :) i appreciate all of your voices right now! hoping i can make everyones 2 cents add up!!!..dont u find the next part of that statement interesting?You should not apply as a conjugal partner if:* You cannot provide evidence there was a reason that kept you from living together. so what i need to apply to move to JA just to get the refusal letter? i wonder what type of evidence would be accepted? perhaps a letter from the JA high comm? i guess i will need to be in kingston after all...hmmm...wondering now if i have got this all really wrong...should just open a business here...open a location in JA...create some good jobs for locals...that paperwork would probably be much easier...lol...get to live in the sun with my man!!! i would definitely do it if i knew the biz would be successful with me being a foreign owner...but i think most of us would do it if we didnt have to risk our whole life to do it...do they really want me to move to JA cuz im seriously tempted!!!!
charlie... that sounds good but i sure hope your talkin ja$$$$...would enjoy the riding in style rather than the ride of my life :eek: lol
lcw..good stuff not smoking! take it one day at a time just like gettin hubby home 8)
kc..thanks for the support you guys are giving me more confidence to move this mountain!
congrats suki on your engagement!!!
:)blessings to all in the forum family!!! :)

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
Good stuff guys I really enjoy reading all these helpful stuff. Ok so can some tell me the best way to pay the Landing Fee without any hiccups because we all know how Banks and Government can mess up sometimes. Do I need to get another apyment slip from Immigration Canada?

reemagray

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
ladyposh said:
Good stuff guys I really enjoy reading all these helpful stuff. Ok so can some tell me the best way to pay the Landing Fee without any hiccups because we all know how Banks and Government can mess up sometimes. Do I need to get another apyment slip from Immigration Canada?
We paid ours online, printed the receipt and filled out the sponsor info along with the client ID number. I mailed a copy to CIC Mississauga as instructed and they forward it to the visa office. But I also sent a copy to Kingston just in case.