Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
CharlieD10 said:
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! :D :D :D

Hubby is making dinner with all the trimmings for himself and his father. A 13lb turkey for two men :eek: I told him they are going to be eating turkey breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week :p

And he needs to take pictures for me! Ah wonda if mi caan get tomorro off if mi tell dem seh mi ah observe mi husban cultcharal tradishon dem? ::)

LOL yuh bess try dat...when mi deh a Canada mi always try beg off di aug 1st and aug 6th..mi tell dem seh mi affi observe mi country of birth independance and emancipation...*dead*...dem look pon mi like mi crazy!!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy sunny Sunday everyone. Angella I am right beside you girl. We really need those calls this week. I am starting to get things in order around here. The waiting for the call is worse then everything else. ::) I emailed them as a reminder that its going on 3 weeks now. Hubby wanted turkey..lol

Hope there are great updates this week for us all.

High 5 to you confused.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
mylilangel said:
missinbaby just wanted to know if ur hubby landed as yet and how did that $1500.00 turned out coz i can't seem to find your post on here
Hey you,

I too am dealing with ARC due to a failed refugee and PRRA from Canada. Got deported at the beginning of this year. However, my ARC is through the Port of Spain office and at my spousal interview, the IO told me that he will approve my application, including ARC. I am guessing here that everything is fine so far. Still ought to pay the ARC processing fees of $400 CDN. I am not so sure if they will ask for anymore documentation from me because I have given the IO a copy of my certificate of departure from Canada.

I will certainly let u know the progress of my ARC. They say it's meant to give those that have been deported from Canada a tough time but I think they were doing this to scare people. A few people from the Caribbean have been approved but this were all due to failed applications from Canada. I am not too sure how much serious they get for criminality.

How about your situation? What is it like?

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
okay... i just remembered an oldie but a goodie (joke that is), so i'm jumping in with it...

president bush was getting his daily briefing from his staff... his secretary is reading the global happenings.... "five brazillan soliders were killed in a training exercise just outside"... the president interrupts loudly "OH MY GOD!!!!"... surprised to see all eyes in the room looking at him bewildered, he turns to the aide on his left and whispers "how many are in a brazillian again???"

hehehe

gobble gobble all... hubby just called to say he's taking us out to dinner, so we're getting dolled up now :) hope everyone is enjoying the weekend...

mylilangel

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
30-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Request
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
19-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2011
LANDED..........
22-08-2011
mylilangel said:
missinbaby just wanted to know if ur hubby landed as yet and how did that $1500.00 turned out coz i can't seem to find your post on here

confusedanscared like you my hubby got deported earlier this year after failed refugee claim and prra and been through the the system the whole nine yards was on the verge of getting papers three times howerver some technicality always comes up. however i filed everything all at once except ARC fee got the AOR from kingston in june but all in all my time is not too bad so far [fingers crossed] considering my app was sent off in early may but what i'm wondering is is an interview a guarantee once there's ARC involved and what was the line of questioning during the interview and for me their's no criminality involved . keep me posted thx

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
A Warm Welcome to all the new Members, the Forum has really grown.
I had quiet a few pages to go through.
I have been AWOL had alot going on on the home front still do.
But as its Thanksgiving and 1 day before my Birthday, I'm up reflecting,
and instead of sulking, and lament about all that is not happening as I wish it would, I've decided to be Happy.
Thats right Happiness is a choice.
and indeed there remains much to be grateful for, even if there are no updates from KGN. ;D
For Starters, The unconditional love of Hubby cant take that for granted.
:p
Mom is feeling better, thank you Jesus,
if anyone has family Members who has ever had to deal with Cancer you will know its painful on the sufferer and Family Members as well. Mom was having alot of Pain, until about a week ago we were advised by a very old and wise couple of traditional bush Medicine, I was very Skeptical at first, (but dem say "anything old people say if ano so ah nearly so")
and wether or not its responsible, the pain is no longer there.
this alone is enough for me to thank God for.

she still has other issues with the disease as its still there but this herb or bush has definately helped.
it seems God has heard all the prayers sent out .
so on that note I'm Grateful for all the support and prayers expressed privately and also on the Forum pages. Glo, Jammy, Missing, Angie, Kenswifey and anyone else with updates, Congrats on your good news. from the bottom of my heart I'm truly happy for you guys.

If KGN keeps this up, then some of the 08 /09 folks will be with their families for XMAS and us the 2010ers will have a fair chance of doing the same next year. way to go KGN. :p
Canuck, I think you were right behind Angie in FEBRUARY in the 2010 line up, so lets pray her hubby gets the call, and who knows you may just drop in her old slot.

KGN continue free up the slot dem.

P.S we all should be Thankful for this Forum as its not only supportive but very informational. alot of stuff gets shared on theses pages that we just would not see otherwise.
QDOS to the forum Fam for that.

Anxsious, Sheraig, Chantol, CharlieD, Angie. anyone one else I missed thanks for the Prayers Stay blessed.

Godbless

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
Mrslwsn said:
So am I safe doing this in jan of 2011? before i file my 2010 tax or do i have to do it right right now?
Do it right now because they give you 3 month to change your name and get the certificate of change of name you dont have to pay to get the certificate but after 3 months you have to pay to get that certificate and once everything change (all your identification) send the revenue a copy of everything as well as a copy of your SIN then for them not to hold your cctb/gst/hst etc you can send them the information regarding husband world income at the beginning of the year for example send them the information even before you file your income tax next year because if hubby is not here yet by december you know his world income already so you can inform them how much income he make for 2010 even if it zero so that when you file your income tax they have the record already as well as when they calculate the cctb/gst/hst etc. you have to do this until he land in canada.

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
mylilangel said:
Hubby still waiting for Immigration call to drop his passport but don`t pay the $1500.00 until they ask you to pay because some people get ask to pay and some don`t Immigration ask us to pay because according to them they are the one who pay for his ticket to go back to Jamaica but the truth is we bought his ticket out of our pocket oh well just to make life easy and not to give us hard time on his application (Immigration)t i went to Jamaica and we get the bank draft at scotiabank (Jamaica) for that amount and bring it to them in person last August 17,2010 so far no call yet from them whatsoever. They will only ask you to pay ARC if they ready to issue the visa before your husband done his time out of the country means they don`t leave Jamaica before 1 year and 1 day if he done that they would not ask you to pay for the ARC as i was saying unless they going to let him in back to canada before he did 1 year and 1 day.

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
mylilangel said:
confusedanscared like you my hubby got deported earlier this year after failed refugee claim and prra and been through the the system the whole nine yards was on the verge of getting papers three times howerver some technicality always comes up. however i filed everything all at once except ARC fee got the AOR from kingston in june but all in all my time is not too bad so far [fingers crossed] considering my app was sent off in early may but what i'm wondering is is an interview a guarantee once there's ARC involved and what was the line of questioning during the interview and for me their's no criminality involved . keep me posted thx
Some people get call to go for interview and some don`t but they will let your husband now 2 months ahead if he need to go for interview so not to worry you will have enough time .

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
mylilangel said:
In that case, he shouldn't have a problem getting it. It's just a matter of waiting and the IO handling the case. Just do like me and pray and begggg god to have a nice, decent IO handling your case. It took me 13 months after application filed to get an interview and I am guessing another 2-3 months to get this all sorted out. I should be hearing from CIC regarding my ARC very soon. I have already done my Meds redo and so on.

Just make sure that if they call him for an interview, which in 99% chances they will, he knows everything you supplied in your application like studying for a friggen life threatening exam. I will not be able to stress how important this part is for you.

At my interview, the IO was very straight up and said that he is not there to beat around the bush. He is rather there to get somethings clear and sorted out because my application through his eyes was: Lived in Canada, filed refugee which failed, then PRRA which failed, got deportation order from CBSA to leave Canada, Supreme Court granted stay, I then got married to my partner, second trial of the case through the Supreme Court was rejected and so I got deported back to GEO. His major concern was to question if our relationship was real or put in for convenience. SO, he asked me questions (about 10-12) relating to the information we put in our application. They were questions that came to his mind as he was going through the application. Example:

1. How did you and your spouse X meet
2. How much does your spouse make a year
3. How about your family, what is the situation with them (they don't know about my marriage cuz it's a same-sex marriage)
4. Does your spouse still agree with all the conditions of the sponsorship
5. Where does X work and what does he do
6. Have you had any serious relationships prior to your spouse
7. Has X ever talked to you about any previous relationships

The questions can vary and drag on but I think it depends on how well you answer the first few questions with consistency, some level of accuracy and of course, honesty.

In the end, the IO told me that he had no problems with my application and he is going to approve it. Just be sure to grill your hubby on everything about you, even if there were kids or a past relationship involved.

I hope this helps and can put you at a lot of ease. Just be patient and don't get too worked up by the process like we all do/did. I know it's a joke for me to tell you not to but trust me hun, it works out well in the end.

Bye for now :D

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY PEEPS~!!!!

76 Days till Christmas..

Today is a holiday so no updates from CHC today.... :'( :'(

Hope everyone is holding on..keep the faith guys...

All in time.....loving the vibe in here..

Good to see you Godbless...know all too well about the Cancer situation. My mom died from it. I wish they could just find a cure already..its soo sad to see families suffer because of that horrible disease. I pray that the Lord grants you the strength to overcome this horrible period. I'm a firm believer that the Lord never gives us more than we can bear. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Later peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!Road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Happy Turkey day everyone, hope you get to celebrate witrh family and friends. wouldn't be Monday without a little joke to start the week off with

John invited his mother over for dinner. During the meal, his mother couldn't help noticing how beautiful John's roommate was. She had long been suspicious of a relationship between John and his roommate and this only made her more curious. Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between John and the roommate than met the eye. Reading his mom's thoughts, John volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Julie and I are just roommates." About a week later, Julie came to John and said, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. "You don't suppose she took it, do you?" Julie said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote: "Dear Mother, I'm not saying you 'did' take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take a gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner." Several days later, John received a letter from his mother which read: "Dear Son, I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Julie, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with Julie. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the gravy ladle by now. Love, Mom"

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010 (returned MAY sent back JULY)
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
Hi God Bless glad 2c yu back on Thnxgiving (of all days) you always one from start uplifting evryone i am pleased mummy is better that alone yu give God thnx for. Like Sheraig mummy died of cancer few years ago so I know wot you go through thats why I can relate its an emotional journey. At the time mum was ill Doctors said something called Milk Thistle was good especially for cancer sufferers (but can be used for non cancer sufferers too) maybe you can ask questions bout this because mum never got a chance to try it :( .Anyways today I have mixed feelings knowing I should be happy for the little things in life but it still dont stop the "selfishness" of wishing hubby was here too. I dont have much family. I know if we not sort out b4 xmas (which seems unlikely) I will book to go down (although expensive) but cant take the pain of being alone again this xmas. HAPPY BDAY wish yu a blessed day. HAPPY THNXGIVING TO EVRYONE HOPE MORE UPDATES THIS WK!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Hubby finally got the turkey done around midnight last night :eek:

And then I passed out about 4 times trying to get up and get ready for work ??? Anyways, I am here, but taking it very easy this morning. Don't care what is burning, I am working at whatever speed keeps me vertical. No stress today, can't deal with it.

Godbless - glad to hear your mom got a little relief. Condolences to the others who lost their parents to this horrible disease. I remembered to wear my pink ribbon today, will say a little prayer for everyone.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Thanks Guys,
Chuckie I'll tell mom to look into the Milk Thistle,
shes using Guinea Hen Weed. (Petiveria alliacea)
Dont know if they belong to the same family of herbs.
B'day is actually tomorrow, but thanks in Advance :)