+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Jam: I totally understand how u feeling mama....I had to stop watching HGTV. It was just like I was dreaming of a future that u just dont see bearing fruit any time soon. Its hard...but I keep reminding myself why I did it in the first place in 07. For u guys, you've been hoolding on for two years, just keep doing what you doing. Right when u think u cant go nuh more thats when God is going to come and bless us. I truly believe, this is my test and nobody nah mek mi fail....

The Lord already bless me with the PR and I'm gonna wait on HIM.....

So yes, the human side is frustrated and depressed and you have to be true to that side....Go crazy....but at the end of it Jammy....know that the everything gonna work out...u soon have ur 'buddy' with you all the time!!! :p

Cant mek the process get us down....!!! No babba!! ;D

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months
Missingmybaby Oct 08 MED REDO AND ARC FEE REQ & submitted
Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months
Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 Med Redo Request&submitted
Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months
Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
soanxiouswifey May 09 Med Redo Request
Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Date set(dealing with ARC)
Rosemel June 09 Quebec Application
Interview date set-Sept 13
Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 AOR received
Jamwifey Oct 09 AOR received
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 LANDED 9 MONTHS
Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED
Kimore Nov 09 AOR received

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months
Angella Jan 10 MED REDO REQUEST&Submitted
Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS
Canuck Feb 10 AOR received
KMC MAR 10 RPRF submitted
Virtuous MAR 10 Doc Request
KensWife MAR 10 PP REQUEST 4 MONTHS
MommyT MAY 10 sponsorship approved
NaeNae MAY 10 Sponsorship approved
Iambless June 10 Sponsorship approved
Godblesswife June 10 Sponsorship approved
KID June 10 Sponsorship approved
Chantol June 10 Doc Request
brownsuga July 10 Sponsorship approved
Sanchester Sept 10 waiting for sponsorship approval
Smoothie Waiting to send app off
Charlie D Waiting to send app off

IF I MISSED ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Bwoy how I miss my buddy :p

I know you are right sheraig. This process is about to make me mad. I will snap out of this slump soon. Just need to wallow in self pity for a while :p KG might ben' me up but they not gonna break me.

To think what I could do in these 11 months we spent waiting. Could have bought a house and have a baby by now. Damn.

By the way the 2010 peep, that list is getting longer and longer.

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Jam: Girl....i know.... I really wanted to have another baby by now..
Thesepeople just truly cramping my style. All I can say is maybe
they want me to wait and get the 1yr maternity leave....

Could have done so much Jah know star...this wait woulda kill all
Winnie Mandela to faught!!

Just a likkle bit longa!!

Soanxious: nuh say nutten!! ;D ;D

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
I was just posting something on another topic but thought I'd post it here too

it would be nice if they communicated with us more....I know we have ecas but it doesn't really give you any information at all. If it said when letters were sent, the next step to go through, something posted on what was done each time the file is handled, when the file will be looked at again....we'd at least have some idea of what is going on and what is happening next. Not knowing any information prompts us to send in emails or call them asking for information then you get a generic response and are told not to contact them for another 60 days. That's just wrong!!!

It seems to me that people dealing with the KG office in the last few months have not received an AOR letter and therefore do not have a B # (and I know many others in the past never got an AOR either). Ecas doesn't even have the number listed for you...it just says "In Process" and the date they started to process the file. So ... like in iambless's case, she has to send in more info but how can you be sure the information is received and is matched up with the right file? But if you send them an email for the B #, you'll probably get a generic response with no info or not hear from them at all....

Better communication from immigration would definitely help and would also stop many of the inquiries they receive!

There is that old saying that the squeaky wheel gets the grease....but you wonder if the squeaky wheel gets put on the shelf to collect dust just for being squeaky with immigration.

So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't ... what a process "eh"? lol

and wouldn't it help with the depression of not knowing and waiting and waiting and waiting with not knowing anything? I mean everyone sits and waits for that 1 phone call....it could come anytime between today and forever!!!

it would certainly be better for people's mental health that's for sure!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning everyone.

Thanks for checking on my husband. He is hanging in there, but Lord I'm worried. Yesterday we got his return flight confirmed for Oct 6, and as much as I am going to bawl like a baby when he leaves, I want the day to hurry up. He needs to see his doctor and get treated. When I got home last night, it was for him to tell me that he almost passed out on the side of the road just walking down to the corner. I had to get dinner for him, plus tidy up the house, things that he would normally take care of.

Today he is taking it easy, he has just one thing to deal with, which is a new apartment for us, my lease is up on Sep 30, and the landlord decided not to renew it after me being there for nearly 4 years. But whatever, that's what happens when you live in people's place. Some day I am going to see my Canadian home, and not just from my husband showing me using his camera, I'm going to see it for myself.

Just one question, if anyone has any experience with this. My hubby will soon finish paying off for his house, and he wants to add my name to the deed, and also use this as part of our application evidence that this is a genuine and serious relationship. Any thoughts? Thanks for any tips!

I contacted Duke Street today about getting my fingerprints done for the FBI clearance. They said I can do it the same time as I apply for the Jamaican one, so I am putting that on my to-do list for this month-end. They don't charge for it, they said, and they are familiar with the procedure, thank God.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
charlieD - I hope your husband is ok! can he get any kind of treatment in JA to last him until Oct 6?

that's good news about the FBI clearance! and the fact that it's free is even better! as for the house, I have no idea. He may have to go to a lawyer to have the deed changed or go down to City Hall where he lives. I'm not too sure.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
nae-nae said:
charlieD - I hope your husband is ok! can he get any kind of treatment in JA to last him until Oct 6?

that's good news about the FBI clearance! and the fact that it's free is even better! as for the house, I have no idea. He may have to go to a lawyer to have the deed changed or go down to City Hall where he lives. I'm not too sure.
Nae - He has something similar to sickle cell anemia, so he needs a transfusion, and then iron chelation to remove excess iron from his body. Right now all we can do for him is make sure he rests and doesn't exert himself too much, because he refuses to let a doctor near him in Jamaica. I don't know, maybe he will change his mind if it gets too much.

I have told him it might be best to speak with the immigration lawyer regarding the deed, so I guess we will ask him that.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
CharlieD: I think there are lots of misconceptions about the doctors here in Jamaica. I have never had a bad experience with one and much rather take my daughter to the public hospitals than the private ones and she has chronic asthma. My sister has had multiple operations here and also my mother and never a hitch. Why not try the University Hospital or St. Josephs hospital. Do some research and find a doctor who you can sit with and tell him your concerns.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Jamwifey: Yes, he has all the misconceptions of a "First World" citizen living in a "Third World" country. I too have asthma, although mine is mild, and last year when I was very ill, I was cared for very well at UHWI, the only problem being I had to wait 9 hours to see a doctor.

I have actually done some research, and know of a lab where I can take him for the blood count and iron tests, and a doctor we can see. I am never without a backup plan, but talking my husband into things doesn't really work, lol, he has to come to a conclusion for himself.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey you guys,

It's Tuesday and still no updates in this forum man? What the heck is happening with these VOs?

I think that the KG office may very well be in some backlog seeing that most of the 2010 apps haven't received their AORs or B file number.

I hope this is not the case!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
CharlieD: Ok. Good to know. Usually with Asthma you get seen right away. Sometimes I play the asthma card when I want my daughter seen right away. I can feel all the dirty looks I get when I walk through a crowd of sick people waiting to see a doctor...lol

Believe me I know all about men and doctors! Mine had to get his gall bladder removed and waited till he couldn't move from the pain and two days worth of vomiting and carrying on before he finally went to the doctor. He had those pains for years and never went to check it out.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Jammy: you are right the 2010 applications are increasing.
And from mid 09 to 2010 the More Wives are being sponsored too.
previous to this it was only Hubbies that were landing.
..... Way too much time on my hand Kgn do something nuh man. ;D

Boy oh Boy I'm going to have to take up reading again.

Mi really need fi be a Winnie Mandela to beat this to RHATID, looks like a long wait in front of me. But I reject that thought in Jesus Name. AMEN.

WE HAFFI GET A BUST TO BAXIDE MAN ALL THESE LOVELY PEEPS WHO GOT THROUGH IN 3 MONTHS AND 4 AND 5 MONTHS, GOT ME HOPING FOR THE BEST. BUT WE KNOW WHAT KGN REPUTATION IS LIKE.

CharlieD, I really hope you sit Hubby down and tell him while he's in JAMAICA he's your responsibilty, and so you have to take him to the Doctor's wether he likes it or not. him nearly falling down while walking by himself makes me feel scared for him and you too.

Please get him some help, so you wont have to end up saying if I had known, the here and now is very important, especially when it comes on to your Health, and the Health of your loved ones.

Stay Blessed

Godbless

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Godbless - If I could haul him off to the doctor, he would! I check on him all the time while I'm at work, and like I said, that backup plan is fully in place so if he changes his mind at any minute, I can get him to the lab and have the tests done.

And I talk to him about it every day, make sure he understands that I worry, and I only want the best. I try not to push though, because he's like me when he gets pushed too hard, he digs in his heels. Have to lead him gently, lol.

All the best to everyone whose application is being processed by the way, I saw on the updates where some people in 2010 had "quick" processing times (under 6 months) so I hope those waiting longer hear something positive soon!

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Nae: thats an interesting Observation.

And here I was thinking I was going to bombard them with emails if it got too much :eek: lol

I never had to email them so far but I think its Bang out of order if they are vague with the information they are providing on our own case, and at the same time saying, dont contact us again for 2 months.

It makes no sense. in other words its best for them to say dont contact us Period.

I have already made up my mind that come October, if I dont hear anything from them,
I'm paying them a Personal Visit.

Because up to now I really dont know if they even received my file or even started processing. and I cant check since there is no B........... number.
and they dont update the Sponsors Ecas log in often. why? because they dont have to, once the Sponsorship application has been approved, its not Mandatory for them to update the Sponsors file on Ecas. and since there are 2 parts to the application,
Applicants really need to log in using the client I D. of the person being sponsored to get the most up to date info on the Permanent Residency Application. this is what Missisauga said Yesterday.

Problem is how do you check when you dont have your own Client I D, since you never received your AOR? :mad:
God help us Cover us in your Blood Jesus.

If I was not cross checking with others who went through the process , and found this to be their common Practice, at this point, I would be concerned. I probably still should be Concerned, but I'm giving them till october to Check in on them since they wont check in with me.