+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
carm_cnd said:
Well I made it to vancouver this morning thank god. Toronto airport is a mess right now. My flight from Jamaica was delayed for 7 hours not so bad got to spend a few morm hours with hubby so I loved that. Got to Toronto and I missed my connecting so they set me up with a hotel downtown. Just to get there and air canada hasn't confirmed any rooms with them so take another taxi back to the airport. Stand in lines from 3 am to 8 am. Took my chances at stand by and made it. They told me the next flight they could book me on was Saturday. I was so sad and angry last night. I just wanted to cry and go back to Jamaica. I tired all yesterday morning to try to change my ticket for Saturday but couldn't get through. I would have loved go spend more time with hubby. I am happy I made it to vancouver spend time with friends :)
Glad your safe in Vancouver what a nightmare people are going through. When are you flying home from Vancouver? Sat?

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
carm_cnd said:
Well I made it to vancouver this morning thank god. Toronto airport is a mess right now. My flight from Jamaica was delayed for 7 hours not so bad got to spend a few morm hours with hubby so I loved that. Got to Toronto and I missed my connecting so they set me up with a hotel downtown. Just to get there and air canada hasn't confirmed any rooms with them so take another taxi back to the airport. Stand in lines from 3 am to 8 am. Took my chances at stand by and made it. They told me the next flight they could book me on was Saturday. I was so sad and angry last night. I just wanted to cry and go back to Jamaica. I tired all yesterday morning to try to change my ticket for Saturday but couldn't get through. I would have loved go spend more time with hubby. I am happy I made it to vancouver spend time with friends :)
Glad you made it almost home, but it would've been nice if they would've changed your flights so you could spend a few more days with hubby!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
lonely_cdnwife said:
LMAO!! My hubby hasn't left jamaica so he hasn't tried a lot of different foods so when I made mashed potatoes his reaction was "why? i'm not sick, can we have rice instead?"! I have more rice in these 4 weeks than i had all last year, so i told the hubby no more rice, either veggies, potatoes, or pasta.. so instead I get dumplings :p

I cannot wait until our hubbies are in Canada and get to try all the different amazing foods we have available ;D
OMG, I know, right? My hubby has NEVER tried any of my cooking, but he has witnessed end results of it... he's anxious because when I SAY what I'm making, he screws up his face (skype), but when I send him pics of the end result, it NEVER fails with the: "OMG, I want some!" hahahaha

And I hear you guys with getting tired of the same foods. Jamaica is VERY limited in selections unfortunately and you really get tired of eating the same stuff. My poor hubby is going to get so fat. He has already lost his 8 pack since we got married, he totally slacking and is struggling with maintaining his 6 pack because he's "happily married" :p ::) ::)

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
carm_cnd said:
Awww! So glad you are safe in Vancouver, but I am sorry to hear about your horrible adventures at our airport. Yes, we are a total mess right now and apparently they said it will take days, if not a couple of weeks to fix everything!!! Big hugs to you and so glad you travelled safely, though painfully.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
When I was just there I made homemade baked mac n' cheese with a little bit of chopped up tomatoes in it and he liked it. Then I made a shephard's pie (used tomato paste in ground beef) which he actually loved and said it was better than the mac n' cheese! Also, when I want him to eat pasta I will make it with shrimp and keep it to a white sauce by usinng olive oil and white wine. He also likes chicken stir frys. Hated when I made tacos so mexican is out for the time being.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Ninirae said:
Awww! So glad you are safe in Vancouver, but I am sorry to hear about your horrible adventures at our airport. Yes, we are a total mess right now and apparently they said it will take days, if not a couple of weeks to fix everything!!! Big hugs to you and so glad you travelled safely, though painfully.
Oh Nini u live in Toronto?

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Twoheartsonelove said:
When I was just there I made homemade baked mac n' cheese with a little bit of chopped up tomatoes in it and he liked it. Then I made a shephard's pie (used tomato paste in ground beef) which he actually loved and said it was better than the mac n' cheese! Also, when I want him to eat pasta I will make it with shrimp and keep it to a white sauce by usinng olive oil and white wine. He also likes chicken stir frys. Hated when I made tacos so mexican is out for the time being.
It takes time and getting use to but one day he will be eating and liking the food.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Ninirae said:
OMG, I know, right? My hubby has NEVER tried any of my cooking, but he has witnessed end results of it... he's anxious because when I SAY what I'm making, he screws up his face (skype), but when I send him pics of the end result, it NEVER fails with the: "OMG, I want some!" hahahaha

And I hear you guys with getting tired of the same foods. Jamaica is VERY limited in selections unfortunately and you really get tired of eating the same stuff. My poor hubby is going to get so fat. He has already lost his 8 pack since we got married, he totally slacking and is struggling with maintaining his 6 pack because he's "happily married" :p ::) ::)
On your next trip guess you have to bring out your cooking skills and let him try it out.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
oneandonly said:
On your next trip guess you have to bring out your cooking skills and let him try it out.
Agreed! LOL I think on my next trip i'll have to take charge of the kitchen one night also....sigh I don't know when my next trip will be yet :S :eek:

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CanadianWifey89 said:
Agreed! LOL I think on my next trip i'll have to take charge of the kitchen one night also....sigh I don't know when my next trip will be yet :S :eek:
Your the lady of the house so you have it your way like Burger King LMAO.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
oneandonly said:
Glad your safe in Vancouver what a nightmare people are going through. When are you flying home from Vancouver? Sat?
Sunday night. :)

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
oneandonly said:
Oh Nini u live in Toronto?
In Brampton, but yep... I'm near the T-Dot! you?

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CanadianWifey89 said:
SMH!!! CanadianWifey89, I will sneak you in my suitcase next month ;)