+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
lonely_cdnwife said:
i will trade you guys some patties and jerk chicken for a starbucks latte right now!! This 3 in 1 just isn't cutting it :p

Hubby is an amazing jamaican cook but we have "Canadian days" twice a week so i can get my fix of homestyle food! It may be that i am a horrible cook but i haven't found anything that he likes yet, any canadian meals that your hubbies love??

LCW
Lol at the 3 in 1 they just don't hit the spot. Hmm how about some pancakes, lasagna or salmon my husband craves those or my BBQ baked chicken. I bet your not a horrible cook.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CanadianWifey89 said:
Awww Canadian days sounds soo cute! I'll have to discuss w/ hubby, I'm sure he'll be up for it too! Since he isn't here...he hasn't had a taste of the Canadian stuff yet (he won't let me cook in JA!!!! LOL) But..the lasttime I was there in October I woke up super early and cooked...lol it was still J'can food though :)
Don't worry you will be doing a lot of cooking in canada once he gets here so it will make up for it.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
lonely_cdnwife said:
LOL at first hubby didn't want me cooking, but then after a few weeks of him cooking every night he agreed to me cooking twice a week while learning to cook jamaican meals as well. In his eyes Jamaican food is known for being the "best in the world", and any canadian meal can be made better by "making it more Jamaican". From this he turned regular AMAZING spaghetti into spaghetti made with corned beef and absolutely no vegetables and rice instead of pasta (which can no longer be called spaghetti)!!

As you can guess, spaghetti is no longer cooked at dinner time, and Canadian days usually turn into fight nights by the end of the meal :p
BAHAAH! I was eating Spaghetti lastnight and was thinking..."Mr.Green would NOT like this stuff for dinner at all!!!!" LMAOO this is hilarious!

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
oneandonly said:
Don't worry you will be doing a lot of cooking in canada once he gets here so it will make up for it.
hahaha that i'm sure! Although I told him he has to teach me how to make roti from scratch first! He's Indo-Jamaican and can make a bomb ROTI!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lonely_cdnwife said:
i will trade you guys some patties and jerk chicken for a starbucks latte right now!! This 3 in 1 just isn't cutting it :p

Hubby is an amazing jamaican cook but we have "Canadian days" twice a week so i can get my fix of homestyle food! It may be that i am a horrible cook but i haven't found anything that he likes yet, any canadian meals that your hubbies love??

LCW
chicken stirfry with rice

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
lonely_cdnwife said:
LOL at first hubby didn't want me cooking, but then after a few weeks of him cooking every night he agreed to me cooking twice a week while learning to cook jamaican meals as well. In his eyes Jamaican food is known for being the "best in the world", and any canadian meal can be made better by "making it more Jamaican". From this he turned regular AMAZING spaghetti into spaghetti made with corned beef and absolutely no vegetables and rice instead of pasta (which can no longer be called spaghetti)!!

As you can guess, spaghetti is no longer cooked at dinner time, and Canadian days usually turn into fight nights by the end of the meal :p
OMG corned beef and spaghetti noodles EPIC I used to make that down there or corned beef with the penne noodles with a tiny bit of vodka sauce add some onions and broccoli. Boil some white rice use a bit of chicken noodle spice bit of margarine and mixed vegetables let it boil then when almost cooked put the foil and lid on with some curry chicken on the side. Lol my days in ja memories. I remember I bought chicken hot dogs boiled them then cut them up and cooked it lightly when I had my seasoning steamed tomatoes, garlic, onion, green onion and hot pepper then mix it with the hot dog and add a bit of ketchup and that same rice I mentioned.

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
oneandonly said:
OMG corned beef and spaghetti noodles EPIC I used to make that down there or corned beef with the penne noodles with a tiny bit of vodka sauce add some onions and broccoli. Boil some white rice use a bit of chicken noodle spice bit of margarine and mixed vegetables let it boil then when almost cooked put the foil and lid on with some curry chicken on the side. Lol my days in ja memories. I remember I bought chicken hot dogs boiled them then cut them up and cooked it lightly when I had my seasoning steamed tomatoes, garlic, onion, green onion and hot pepper then mix it with the hot dog and add a bit of ketchup and that same rice I mentioned.
O&O you sound like an amazing cook!! Im saving your message and using it on my next cooking day :p

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
DWL!!!! My hubby is the same with making it better by making it more “Jamaican”!! I am making tacos tonight (my family has been on me to make them for weeks) so I finally agreed and his response when I told him that: “I want curry goat in mine... with Roti” I responded (while laughing of course): “NO! Tacos are chicken or beef! No curry goat! Chicken or beef!!!!” He says: “Okay, curry goat and roti please” Like I didn't say ntn to him in the first place. I was dying with laughter at him.

I made BBQ baked chicken (boneless, skinless) with garlic mashed potatoes and my Jamaican step-father went nuts. Asking me where I learned to cook foreign. It's not foreign, he just ain't my man, so he hasn't experienced my cooking very often. And my hubby has not experienced anything Canadian (even though he has had KFC & Pizza Hut)... in Jamaica, it's still not the same. Lol

I am loving these stories!

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Ninirae said:
DWL!!!! My hubby is the same with making it better by making it more “Jamaican”!! I am making tacos tonight (my family has been on me to make them for weeks) so I finally agreed and his response when I told him that: “I want curry goat in mine... with Roti” I responded (while laughing of course): “NO! Tacos are chicken or beef! No curry goat! Chicken or beef!!!!” He says: “Okay, curry goat and roti please” Like I didn't say ntn to him in the first place. I was dying with laughter at him.

I made BBW baked chicken (boneless, skinless) with garlic mashed potatoes and my Jamaican step-father went nuts. Asking me where I learned to cook foreign. It's not foreign, he just ain't my man, so he hasn't experienced my cooking very often. And my hubby has not experienced anything Canadian (even though he has had KFC & Pizza Hut)... in Jamaica, it's still not the same. Lol

AAHAAHHAH LOVE IT! "cook foreign" oh gooshh!!! LOL!!!!!

& Agreed, even the KFC in Jamaica is "Jamaican-ized" LOL!!

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
Ninirae said:

I made BBW baked chicken (boneless, skinless) with garlic mashed potatoes and my Jamaican step-father went nuts. Asking me where I learned to cook foreign. It's not foreign, he just ain't my man, so he hasn't experienced my cooking very often. And my hubby has not experienced anything Canadian (even though he has had KFC & Pizza Hut)... in Jamaica, it's still not the same. Lol

LMAO!! My hubby hasn't left jamaica so he hasn't tried a lot of different foods so when I made mashed potatoes his reaction was "why? i'm not sick, can we have rice instead?"! I have more rice in these 4 weeks than i had all last year, so i told the hubby no more rice, either veggies, potatoes, or pasta.. so instead I get dumplings :p

I cannot wait until our hubbies are in Canada and get to try all the different amazing foods we have available ;D

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Well I made it to vancouver this morning thank god. Toronto airport is a mess right now. My flight from Jamaica was delayed for 7 hours not so bad got to spend a few morm hours with hubby so I loved that. Got to Toronto and I missed my connecting so they set me up with a hotel downtown. Just to get there and air canada hasn't confirmed any rooms with them so take another taxi back to the airport. Stand in lines from 3 am to 8 am. Took my chances at stand by and made it. They told me the next flight they could book me on was Saturday. I was so sad and angry last night. I just wanted to cry and go back to Jamaica. I tired all yesterday morning to try to change my ticket for Saturday but couldn't get through. I would have loved go spend more time with hubby. I am happy I made it to vancouver spend time with friends :)

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
lonely_cdnwife said:
LMAO!! My hubby hasn't left jamaica so he hasn't tried a lot of different foods so when I made mashed potatoes his reaction was "why? i'm not sick, can we have rice instead?"! I have more rice in these 4 weeks than i had all last year, so i told the hubby no more rice, either veggies, potatoes, or pasta.. so instead I get dumplings :p

I cannot wait until our hubbies are in Canada and get to try all the different amazing foods we have available ;D
LMAO at rice I gained weight with all this rice everyday potatoes lol I can count on my fingers how many I ate in 4 months. Cabbage is also good with carrots and salt fish. Or white bean corned beef and rice.