July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
alyssaanthony said:
I know I'm not the first to say this but this process takes WAYY too long.. there's no reason spouses should be apart for up to two years!! A lot can happen in two years.. and it's difficult to make decisions because once they commit to something over there they never know when they'll be pulled away from it.. So basically my hubby is just hanging around with his life in the hands of some slow immigration office. I'm FRUSTRATED !! :mad:

It actually pains me to look at the spreadsheet and see how long some of you amazing people have been waiting! I hope and pray some good news will come verrry soon :)
My opinion is that immigration is trying to break us down. They are trying to find those stress cracks (which every relationship has) and they push on them... To make it worse, when we are pushed, our spouses aren't here to catch us when we fall. So we crumble.
(or so they hope)

Be strong everyone we want to weeble, and wobble, but we wont fall down..

D <3

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Nevaeha i sent in my application April 30,2013, i received a letter saying i missed a signature and that form was also included. They also required an option C print out. I got all information and redo that one page that was missing a signature. They receive back the mail, process the application then was approved. My application was finalized and sent to jamaica by september 3. I then emailed kingston asking if they received my application and in 24hr i got reply saying they received it september and its currently in queue for initial review for...
hello and welcome to the forum family. I have added you to our spreadsheet. Click on the link below my purple thing and you will see all the timelines of anyone who has gone thru this process that was on the forum. Anyone in dark purple has received their passport back, light purple, kingston has requested their passport and white sadly is everyone that hasn't gotten PPR yet. Pull up a chair and join in. There are a lot of great people here to answer your questions and basically give you support while you are going thru this longgggggggg process.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Jamnic said:
Hello Everyone!!!! I need help !!! I just checked the app status and it says decision has been made for permanent residence. However it says that they are going to contact my husband in regards to let him know the decision. They has requested his passport in Nov. is this good sign????
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get tracking that DHL tomorrow for signs that hubbys passport is on his way back to him!

Sh and Sh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Sept 23/ 2014
File Transfer...
14-08-2013 (AUG 30/13) - Recieved in KGN
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014
Nevaeha said:
Unfortunately some straight forward, fully complete applications can take a long time...speaking from experience here...there really is no method to the madness...KG claims to process in order of receipt (their words) but we know that's not true and that's why we see people getting through anywhere from four to twenty-four months. I think CIC should be able to process family cases within 6 to 8 months regardless of the complexity -- families should be together...

alyssaanthony -- you can email either address; KG checks both on a regular basis.
I think that everyone is entitled to their opinion~ there is no method to anyone's application.
It should go in order based on when it is submitted, but all cases are different so yes, there is no specific timing for anyone's file. Some of my husband's family here have asked " what tek so long?"
It has been 6 months for us, and his cousin ' get tru' in 7 months start to finish.

I don't think there is any entitlement as to who should be in priority, or anyone who holds the key to the secret to 'getting tru', its all in good timing.

If I don't hear anything more in the next 2 wks, I'm off to spend a week in St.Ann parish. xoxo
Country mi seh!

Cheers to everyone in their application process! :)

Sh & Sh

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Sh and Sh said:
I think that everyone is entitled to their opinion~ there is no method to anyone's application.
It should go in order based on when it is submitted, but all cases are different so yes, there is no specific timing for anyone's file. Some of my husband's family here have asked " what tek so long?"
It has been 6 months for us, and his cousin ' get tru' in 7 months start to finish.

I don't think there is any entitlement as to who should be in priority, or anyone who holds the key to the secret to 'getting tru', its all in good timing.

If I don't hear anything more in the next 2 wks, I'm off to spend a week in St.Ann parish. xoxo
Country mi seh!

Cheers to everyone in their application process! :)

Sh & Sh
good afternoon......I think all Nev was just trying to say that no matter whether you have a thoroughly completed app or not, it doesn't really matter here......it is like a lottery at Kingston....pick a file any file........two complete applications can go in at the same time and one will get through quicker then other. no it shouldn't be that way but that's the way it is and there is no rhyme or reason for it. When its your time, then its your time! :)

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
chickie72 said:
hello and welcome to the forum family. I have added you to our spreadsheet. Click on the link below my purple thing and you will see all the timelines of anyone who has gone thru this process that was on the forum. Anyone in dark purple has received their passport back, light purple, kingston has requested their passport and white sadly is everyone that hasn't gotten PPR yet. Pull up a chair and join in. There are a lot of great people here to answer your questions and basically give you support while you are going thru this longgggggggg process.

Thank u chickie72, i will check the spreadsheet.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
chickie72 said:
Chickie can u add that it said medicals received also. Plz and thanks

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Chickie can u add that it said medicals received also. Plz and thanks
Hey there I added it and put you in the right spot too....i have no idea why i put you so far down sorry. :)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Good evening Jam Fam!!! :D

I want to give a shout out to anyone in the fam who is having a hard time coping with this process -- whether you've been in it for a month or twenty months. This time of year is especially grueling when all we want is to be with our loved ones for the holidays...preferably in Canada.

Please remember we are all here for each other through thick and thin; if you need to vent or cry, please know we are here to support you. You are never alone.

Come on Kingston, you have a couple of more weeks to issue passports and make PPR calls so people can be together for the most magical time of the year.

A (((BIG HUG))) and a :-* from me to you.

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Ah Nev! Can't top that. Well said!!! Another week ... And more good news coming

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Mrs. Davis said:
Ah Nev! Can't top that. Well said!!! Another week ... And more good news coming
Hi Mrs. Davis! :D

It's always nice to 'see' you.

I know a few people that are down in the dumps and I just want everyone to know that we're going to get through this together.

Wouldn't it be great if KG made at least one PPR call a day for the whole month of December?

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Now that would be amazing! I do feel like they are starting to catch up. When I found this forum ( Summer n strike. ) I saw nothing at all. Now we at least see some movement. Thank God for this forum. No one else understands the emotions like our forum family !!! God bless everyone during this next month

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Nevaeha said:
I think it is a great idea that you will be hiring a lawyer, wof! :D

You already have enough stress in your life and hopefully a lawyer will alleviate some it from you. It must be so overwhelming -- just remember you are going to be victorious and your hubby will be in Canada where he should be!

How is your daughter?
Daughter is doing better..I dont think she will sort out until she has her family complete....she is home had a couple hick ups but that to be expected..thank you for asking Nev :)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
waitingonforever said:
Daughter is doing better..I dont think she will sort out until she has her family complete....she is home had a couple hick ups but that to be expected..thank you for asking Nev :)
Of course, wof; she's our little Jam Fam sister -- please let her know we're asking and thinking about her! ;D

Sh and Sh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Sept 23/ 2014
File Transfer...
14-08-2013 (AUG 30/13) - Recieved in KGN
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014
chickie72 said:
good afternoon......I think all Nev was just trying to say that no matter whether you have a thoroughly completed app or not, it doesn't really matter here......it is like a lottery at Kingston....pick a file any file........two complete applications can go in at the same time and one will get through quicker then other. no it shouldn't be that way but that's the way it is and there is no rhyme or reason for it. When its your time, then its your time! :)
Exactly! That's what I was trying to say! Some people get through quicker than others is all. Luck of the draw!
So whether you have been here for 21 months or 21 days, we are all on the same page!

Support is the main thing here! Some people are going through a tough time, and some people get offended when some people hear good news- people shouldn't get upset, but rather be glad and supportive!

Cheers! Best wishes to everyone on hearing GOOD NEWS! :)

Sh and Sh