14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey FORUM FAMALEEEE,

How is everyone doing? Oh you guys I am too happy for everything who's gone through in good or bad times. Big shout out and congrats to all the success stories this week.

Our days will soon soon come like many of you have said to me in the past. I know that by year end most of us in here will be out and through with the process. Keep staying positive each day famalee.

I have been one of those lurkers in this forum. Been reading the posts but for some reason I felt as if I couldn't type anything. My mind has been wondering all over the place these days with family coming and leaving and preparation for next week, etc.

I know that these offices are finally up and running once again. It's such a great blessing.

To those of you who are reuniting next week, be sure to make full use of the time being with your loved ones. To those who will be getting greater news again next week, don't forget to give thanks to god.

To everyone else, have a wonderful weekend and do keep meh rass updated wid all dem news. Meh deh ya ah watch n read.

Peace out all :)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
hola all... net is messing about (rocket my arse) so i will have to come back and read and do personals in a bit... (likely tomorrow)

wanted to share a quick kid story or two before i forget...

okay this one i cannot possibly make up... swear on my little baby's life and i have 3 witnesses (well one is said baby)... here's the situation... we are in the process of obtaining a new vehicle.. my daughter (7) has figured this out from the conversation going around her, so she decided to ask us what type of car we are getting.. to which my hubby told her "one that is pulled by a horse, you know... a horse and buggy type deal"... to this my daughter replied (no word of a lie here)... "no daddy, that's like EIGHTIES style"... :$ :$ :$

yup... ooookay...

and... now that sweet baby mentioned above... ummm... he's a terrorist...8 months old and i'm positive of this already.. besides the sleep deprivation techniques he deploys nightly, he also loves to abuse our face in everyway possible, and last night he sat for nearly an hour (long time for 8m old) staring at my fingernails and trying to extract said fingernails from my fingers (not really an easy feat for an 8m old armed only with a soother, so i wasnt yet concerned... but look out stewie!!)

be back soon :)

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
woowers 3 pp pickups in one week ..

amen to that and as we all know god is good

congrat stoanxious , missing and royalt
youall enjoy your hubbies

i am off to see mine tommorow

ttyl. bless up all and have a good week

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
sheraig said:
Missingmybaby: I can understand your frustration...I dont know why they take so long to review the docs.....even on the skilled side its the same.

Girl, I pray that he will be with you for this Summer..come mek wi claim it!!!

Email them.......just pen how yu feel on paper without being too rude.....They normally respond with a generic response, butI have seen where it has triggered them into action. I always view it as a reminder...20 mnths really too long!!! :'( :mad: :mad:

Maple, Jamwifey and all the others waiting for lengthy period, I sympathise wid unu and trust mi I know how it feels to be waiting on them....We cant lose hope!!!

HF: You welcome girl!!!

Big up Chelley:powerhouse of knowlegde!!! Like ur vibes!!

Take care ma crew!! 8) 8)

Confused: u a sketel out di place..... ;D
thank you for your support well mp email them already 3x from February and none of them get answered and i email them too even before i went to Jamaica last march and 2x after that they didn't reply to anyone of my email but i hope this time when the ministry of citizenship and immigration e mail them they will reply ...

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOOD MORNING & A HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL!

KMC: Do enjoy the time with hubby and have lots of fun dear!

MISSING: I admire you girly for all that you've had to endure with this process, that's beyond ridiculous and so unprofessional on their behalf! I hope and pray you get some answers very soon!

I HAVE A QUESTION: Hubby and I just thought about this through talking last night, about me going to the Canadian Consulate in my country to see if they can contact the embassy in KG and inquire about my PP, because I've sent that since May 17th and I didn't realize that the guard collects the FEDEX packages, so this has me a bit concern too. And I've sent them 3 emails almost 3wks now without any response. DO YOU GUYS THINK I CAN GET SOME ASSISTANCE FROM THEM??? WILL APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK PLEASE! MUCH THANKS!!!!!!!!

HOPE WE HAVE A RELAXING DAY, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF US WHO ARE STILL WAITING!​

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
ARGH.. i just typed in a big long post and the little terrorist found a way to delete it... fed him and now he's sleeping... my power is still greater... bwaaahahaha... (sleep deprivation at it's finest here)...

okay... from memory here...

missingmybaby... hang in there... not sure where you too are drawing the strength from, but just keep doing it... crossing my fingers things will get moving for you real soon!!!

missing, RoyalT and anxious.. a huge congrats on having the end in sight... so good to see movement... lets keep it going kg!!!!

nae nae... yay on the extended vacation!! personally 2 weeks in an AI would be a week too much unlimited everything for me... i'd end up camping in the hills in st thomas or something for the second week :)

miracle... hoping your ppt is in the mail... as for further following up... while it's not what you want to hear, but i'm not sure if you did your case any justice with the 2nd and 3rd email in less than a month (they say don't contact them for 60 days after each communication)... i'd say not to rock the proverbial boat much more in that manner, these people have too much power over us and you don't want to tick the wrong one off... they can likely easily get away with making this a very difficult process for you by blaming it all on the unrest too...

i think if you need to travel go to your government and request emergency docs, you'll likely have to explain the situation, and maybe they can get movement from their side... and even if they don't they can help so you don't have to cancel the plans... that's my thoughts... hope i'm wrong, but i really don't trust them 100% to not screw someone over when they can after seeing some of the unbelieveable and sad stories of the other girls ... good luck hope i'm wrong and it's in the mail now!!!!

hey sheraig (bless up), kmc (enjoy the trip, didn't you just get back??? :) ), angella, HF, LCW, confuse and all the MIAs... hope everyone is having a great weekend!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Hey everyone!

kmc - enjoy your visit with hubby!

chelley - love your kid stories....too funny! 80's? wow!

I hear ya on the AI, I've never stayed at one more than 7 days....but the price was dirt cheap! too cheap to pass up! we are staying at the hotel he used to work at so it should be interesting . We"ll spend a lot of time off the resort visiting family and friends so I'll have plenty of breaks from the hotel. I like that we can eat and drink all we want without worrying how much we are spending. The pool and swim up bar also have their benefits lol :p Don't forget, World Cup is on....while hubby is watching the games I'll be laying in the sun or at the bar drinking and socializing lol Sorry but I'm not a real fan and find watching games on tv extremely borring!!!! ::)

Well it's Sunday morning and I'm bored already!!

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO ALL, HOPE THE WEEKEND IS GOING GOOD!​

CHELLY: Well the first time I email, don't think it was the correct address, so that's why I had to do it again! Your kids story are very funny and I'm quite sure places a smile on many of our faces! :)I pray and hope that all goes well for everyone who are still waiting, especially MISSING & MAPLE, who have endured so much! THANKS for the feedback as ALWAYS!

NAE: Continue to enjoy the sun, pool and swim up bar!!! :D

MUCH BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!!!

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Evening ladies and lurking gentleman :)

To start...Sheraig...you bad, but uno right still, hubby is going to be on lock fi a likkle while lol

LCW...wish me all the best and great knowing me?!?!?!?!?! Mi nah dead, hubby just a get thru...you talking like uno nah neva go chat wit mi again...come now, u know mi a go creep uno pon FB

Missingmyboo...girl uno know say you an angel already, off predicting everyones future and uno right too, so mi nah too stress bout u cau mi know say god a go take care a uno and hubby and fambly....keep strong

Glo...keep strong and dont give up, everything must soon sort out

NaeNae...congrats on getting all your fees paid, it definitly feels good when you know you have done all you can on your end to get the job done. Now it is up to KG

Royalt.... Congrats, glad everything sort out for u

Chelly...love the stories. Ur kids are too funny and it is a great smile and mental break for everyone from IMM IMM IMM...thanks for sharing.

To all those reading....if your file is done i hope things are going wonderful with your families, if your still waiting i pray for a fast conclusion to this trying process

As for me, Wednesday night can't come soon enough. I am almost as excited for my 4 year old neice to see him as i am for myself. When i told her, her uncle was coming back, her face lit up with the most beautiful smile and my 10 year old nephew said he can't wait to see how black my hubby is now lol, out of the mouths of children.
Since my nephew met my hubby he has had a lot of interesting questions for him, he is very intrigued by colour....he even asked my sister if he stays out in the sun long enough and often enough would he be able to become black like his uncle. When she said that wouldn't work he then asked if there was something he could do like Michael Jackson, only the opposite LOL...soon more memories to be made :)

"I'm so excited, I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I know I know I know I know I know I want you"

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodevening everyone. Sooo what a small world we live in. Missingmyhubby this ones for you chicky. I was at a work bowling get together. And sitting talking to the fine ladies from Brantford. The one girl, her hubby is from Jamaica so ya know how its all goes when hubby coming all that fun stuff. Then she tells me ya she knows someone who's hubby is picking up Tues and landing Wed. Ohhhh nooo way I said hmm same person.lol

Its so exciting only 3 days left for you's. She told me she emailed them all the time, and I need to do that but ya know sometimes the IO just may be spiteful and hold ya longer.

Hoping for some great updates this week for us all.

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Good evening everyone!
Welcome to all of the newcomers and wha gwan to everyone else!
Missing - you know I'm so happy for you girl!! Congrats to everyone else who has had PP pickups and are coming home!

SO.
I know i haven't posted much in the past few weeks. Things have been kinda hectic with the memorial and the funeral. I just came home last night and here's how it all went down:

As soon as I decided that I was travelling to JA to bury my Granny, I asked my MP to make things happen. He knew what i meant and emailed KG immediately. On May 24th ECAS was updated to Medical results received. It was a holiday and the war was just breaking out in KG but I could hardly contain my excitment. KG was closed to the public that week and I swore that hubby somehow missed the PP call, I implored him to send in his passport anyway. It would only speed things up. So I arrived in JA on June 2nd and was busy making arrangements for the funeral on the 5th.

On June 7th. Hubby got the PP pickup call. We went to the embassy on Tuesday where we were told that the visas were ready but not yet printed and if we were mistaken, if the call was for a drop off instead. I kindly reminded him that they have had the passports for over a week and a half which he noted on his computer. I also advised him that their office was notified by my MP that I would be departing on Friday and I expected my husband to be coming home with me. He went to talk to the IO. He came back, apologized for the confusion and promised hubby and I that the visas would be printed and stamped the very next day and that we should return for them no later than 1:30 Thursday.

HUBBY WAS COMING HOME WITH ME.

On Wednesday, hubby received another call (always private name and number) confirming the pickup of the visas/passports the next day and that we should bring updated visa pictures (because the ones sent in with the app were more than 12 months old). We complied.

On thursday, we drove 3 hours back to KG, waited for our turn, delivered the pictures....... we were told the IO wanted to speak with us. We were called into the interview room individually. AGAIN.

Apparently, the IO received another annonymous tip with even more damaging and outrageous claims about our relationship and she had concerns. We had another impromptu interview. But this time it was more like we were reasoning because I did most of the talking. (Many words were exchanged here but I cannot get into all of that on here). She handed my husband his and his son's passports to him......visas included.........and took them back forgetting that she had to cancel them in light of the new 'information'. Due to this letter (which she JUST received) she must conduct another investigation - basically review our entire again with a fine tooth comb with the help of her program manager and that she would do it as soon as possible because our file is a ''priority''. It could take days or weeks but not months. She would call him when she she made her decision (it could go either way) She apologized for the disappointment, asked me when I was leaving and told me to try to enjoy the rest of my trip. WTF??

I ran outta there trying to maintain my composure and immediately called my MP. He was shocked to say the least. He said that this is not good but tried to find some positive and calm me down. There isn't much we can do until she makes her final decision. So we must continue to wait.

HUBBY WAS NOT COMING HOME WITH ME AFTER ALL

The same person who caused the delay on our file a year ago by providing poisonous malicious informaton is the same person responsible for this mess. I've been since informed that she was so mad that she didn't suceed the first time that during the preparation for the funeral, her focus was entirely on me and destroying my marriage and the she spent the whole week since we landed in JA hatching her plan.

I can't even begin to tell you all how I feel. I'm sort of numb right because my emotions are scattered. I'm trying to be strong for my hubby because he doesn't deserve this. 21 months and counting......we are back at square one.

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maple: My heart just broke...I can't even describe what i am feeling right now..I am so sorry this is happening to you again :( You seem like such a nice sweet person with that beautiful smile of yours..I've got chills just thinking of you sitting in that room being told that this "person" I use the term losely is trying to mess you guys up...that is selfish and I hope karma gets her...that person is out of her mind...acting like a child...I will keep saying prayers for you and hubby for a quick reunion...love is a strong bond ..don't give up you've made it this far and love can endure lots of pain..stay strong my dear and I am soo sorry that you are going thru this..noone should have to deal with this :(

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Maple - My God. :eek: I cannot find the words to explain how this upset me, when I read it late last night. I'm literally reeling! Stay strong, my girl. I cannot even begin to imagine what you and your hubby are going through. But know this when this comes to an end and it will - in Jesus' name! You will have the most awesome testimony to give. That woman is sowing corruption and she will reap corruption.

Psalm 37:1-4 (AMP):
1FRET NOT yourself because of evildoers, neither be envious against those who work unrighteousness (that which is not upright or in right standing with God).

2For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

3Trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed.

4Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Morning everyone! ;)

"Sorrow may last for a night but joy comes in the morning!"

Be blessed ladies (and gents)! God is in control. :D

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Maple...

your post made me furious... i can't imagine what you are beginning to feel... if it is a letter from someone who is causing you all the problems, maybe you could get written affidavits (sp?) from everyone who knows the two of you saying otherwise... i mean if they are going to make a decision by someone else's words, you should show them what words you too can produce...

good luck hunnie... i will pray extra hard for you for the next few weeks... you need to have him home!!!!