Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Good morning Jam/Fam. I have been reading the posting. "Thank you" to everyone that has kept me in their prayers, it is very much appreciated. What I can say is that God is good, he is what has kept me thus far in the terrible process. Sometimes though it is best to look at this experience as a learning one. Time apart alows the heart to grow fonder or not. Time apart allows for the preparation of being together forever.
My trip thus far as been what I would call it "interesting". I have learned that God has placed angels all around me they do not come in the form of actual angel but they are actually people who you might never suspect.
I am telling evryone on this forum to keep smiling even though your heart may be breaking waiting on this long process to be over. Keep positive an continue to support and love each other via this forum and for tose who have formed actual friendships..chickie, tamarind,Mr/Mrs Madants, Ready "thank you so much for your supports over the last few months. As for COG "Thank you" can never be too much to say to you. I hope you know that you have been an amazing friend.
Thank Goodness for all of you. Continue to stay blessed and keep the faith. Enjoy the ride.

God Bless.
SweetieQ

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Good morning Chickie. Kgn is surely taking their own time to return passports but it's only been 21/2 weeks so waiting to see what's in store for this week. If one month passes, then I think I will start to become anxious.

chickie72 said:
Good morning everyone......hello to the new people.....do stick and stay, it is a wonderful group to join during this process as we are all going thru the same thing and can feel for each other no matter what.....Come on Kingston we got some passports that gotta come back to some spouses and we need more calls this week for PPR's please and thank you.
lonelycanadianwifey said:

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Wow you can almost hear a pin drop up in here!!!

Just wanted to check in to see if there was any wonderful news going on with my jam fam...I myself havent heard anything asyet but the day is not over so throwing out those positive vibez to everybody especially Kingston...here's to hoping someone will hear something!!!!
Bless
Waiting :D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
tamarindball said:
Good morning Chickie. Kgn is surely taking their own time to return passports but it's only been 21/2 weeks so waiting to see what's in store for this week. If one month passes, then I think I will start to become anxious.
It is weird sometimes it is 2 weeks and lately it seems to be taking them 3 weeks to a month to return them lol like always, inconsistency! We are used to it by now.........praying you hear something soon though......

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
SweetieQ said:
Good morning Jam/Fam. I have been reading the posting. "Thank you" to everyone that has kept me in their prayers, it is very much appreciated. What I can say is that God is good, he is what has kept me thus far in the terrible process. Sometimes though it is best to look at this experience as a learning one. Time apart alows the heart to grow fonder or not. Time apart allows for the preparation of being together forever.
My trip thus far as been what I would call it "interesting". I have learned that God has placed angels all around me they do not come in the form of actual angel but they are actually people who you might never suspect.
I am telling evryone on this forum to keep smiling even though your heart may be breaking waiting on this long process to be over. Keep positive an continue to support and love each other via this forum and for tose who have formed actual friendships..chickie, tamarind,Mr/Mrs Madants, Ready "thank you so much for your supports over the last few months. As for COG "Thank you" can never be too much to say to you. I hope you know that you have been an amazing friend.
Thank Goodness for all of you. Continue to stay blessed and keep the faith. Enjoy the ride.

God Bless.
SweetieQ
hey there, many times in life things happen around us that are so good and blessed and we just know that it is the work of God, whether it be directly through to you or in the form of others helping you but you always know that God is behind it somehow! Take the time and listen to you instincts and everything because that is what will lead you down the right path that God has paved for you! Blessings to you...enjoy the rest of your trip!

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
chickie72 said:
hey there, many times in life things happen around us that are so good and blessed and we just know that it is the work of God, whether it be directly through to you or in the form of others helping you but you always know that God is behind it somehow! Take the time and listen to you instincts and everything because that is what will lead you down the right path that God has paved for you! Blessings to you...enjoy the rest of your trip!
Chickie that was very nicely put.

It does seem like they are taking their time.
I didnt get any further today with my efforts either, :(
its a waiting game. Sometimes time flies by... and other days it seems like ive been waiting forever.
Rest assured, I've booked my ticket to go and see my husband for the beginning of September (our Second Anniversary).
Hoping that this time i can bring home the best souvenir yet from Jamaica.

Crossing my fingers for the next two months.

<3 D.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Happy monday everyone!! wow had a long weekend of our annual music fest. long hours awake filled with good times with old friends :D just what I needed to take my mind off this process. My cousin has come to visit me for a weeks thats been nice and now just a week and 1 day until I am outta here to go see my handsome husband. Feeling loved all around ;D I can't wait to see him. We have decided that we are going to mobay application center to apply for a visiting visa fingers crossed we get it! I figured with a 50/50 chance :eek: why not try.

Come on Kingston! make us for very hapy people

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
danielle902 said:
Chickie that was very nicely put.

It does seem like they are taking their time.
I didnt get any further today with my efforts either, :(
its a waiting game. Sometimes time flies by... and other days it seems like ive been waiting forever.
Rest assured, I've booked my ticket to go and see my husband for the beginning of September (our Second Anniversary).
Hoping that this time i can bring home the best souvenir yet from Jamaica.

Crossing my fingers for the next two months.

<3 D.
Awwwww that is sweet that you are going down for your anniversary.....I wasn't able to make it for my first anniversary this year but IFFFFFF he is still there in January then I will definitely be going down for our second! You know some days i get sooo frustrated that it has been so long but truly when I look back, it doesnt feel like a year and 5 months has gone by and he has been gone that long......I ordered my notes again and should get them back next week Friday....if nothing is on them then I am definitely going to my MP.......I have held off going to the MP because I have seen and heard that it can cause delays in your application but truly what is more delay in mine LOL I don't know where else to go or what else to do. Hoping that if I go to the MP maybe it will give Kingston the nudge to say oh yeah, we forgot about this app, let's get it finished up ya know but we will see at the beginning of August....I wanted the kids home in September to get them into school for the first of the school year but that don't look like it is going to happen now either, just going with the flow that is all we can do!

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Sweetie Q - Just continue to give God thanks and he will have mercy on you and continue to rain showers of blessings on your parade. Surely God has some good plans in store for you that will prosper you. Keep trusting and believing that your day will come and it's just around the corner. Hang in there and keep blessed. Also, continue to enjoy your interesting trip. make the best of what you have and never take anything for granted. Every challenge is an experience and can be a valid lesson.

SweetieQ said:

God Bless.
SweetieQ

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
Good evening all :D

am I able to send more proof of relationship through the immigration email address that you send queries too? P.s. I just read on the website do not inquire status of your application at the embassy's reception applicants should communicate through fax,mail, or email. If you ask me they are a load of crap since when you email they tell you they cannot communicate the status of your application through email. Good job. not :mad:

lonelymrs

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
15-10-2014
LANDED..........
FULL HEARING WON FEB 15/2017!!
CocoVanilla said:
Hi Everyone!

Ok so I have to admit an addiction to reading this forum is starting already and I'm not even married yet!
I was up reading till 1 am last night (sleep? who needs sleep?) :)
I thought I had read all the posts from page 1, but realized after searching for some things that I missed a big chunk of time somehow. It reads like a really interesting novel and the bonus is that I am learning soooo much about the process. The pain of being separated from spouses is raw and the joy when people get through is overwhelming. I have shed more than a few tears reading people's stories.

We are planning a small wedding for November in either Mobay or Negril. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for venues? We will have about 20-25 guests, but only 5 or so will be from Canada. Most of the hotels have a minimum room booking requirement so we are trying to find other non-hotel venues. Where do local Jamaicans get married and have their receptions? It's my second wedding and I'm not concerned with putting on a big showy spread. Buffet dinner would be fine. I saw some pictures from Hummingbird Hall and it looks amazing but I received a quote from them and it is way over our budget.

One more question about the marriage certificate... Can the application be sent in with the copy of the certificate that you are given on the day of the ceremony, or is it imperative that you wait until you get the certified copy? As I understand it can take several weeks to get the certified one? I was hoping that the certified copy could just be mailed to Kingston after it is received and be added to the application.

Thanks in advance for any input and here's hoping there is more good news out of Kingston before the end of the week! :D
I got married at Cecilles Garden and wedding venue in Kingston check it out online its beautiful and quite popular :)

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
carm_cnd said:
Happy monday everyone!! wow had a long weekend of our annual music fest. long hours awake filled with good times with old friends :D just what I needed to take my mind off this process. My cousin has come to visit me for a weeks thats been nice and now just a week and 1 day until I am outta here to go see my handsome husband. Feeling loved all around ;D I can't wait to see him. We have decided that we are going to mobay application center to apply for a visiting visa fingers crossed we get it! I figured with a 50/50 chance :eek: why not try.

Come on Kingston! make us for very hapy people
Let me know how you make out with the visiting visa :) I'll be going down to visit my husband for a few weeks soon, and if it's even possible that he could come home for a visit that would be amazing! Has anyone else been successful with this?

tessi68

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonely_cdnwife said:
Let me know how you make out with the visiting visa :) I'll be going down to visit my husband for a few weeks soon, and if it's even possible that he could come home for a visit that would be amazing! Has anyone else been successful with this?
sadly not our application which took far longer then the posted info on CIC of 42 days..they said not enough funds. Good luck and sincerely hoping your TRV application comes thru. But enjoy your time with hubby.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
melissa123 said:
Good evening all :D

am I able to send more proof of relationship through the immigration email address that you send queries too? P.s. I just read on the website do not inquire status of your application at the embassy's reception applicants should communicate through fax,mail, or email. If you ask me they are a load of crap since when you email they tell you they cannot communicate the status of your application through email. Good job. not :mad:
yes send your documents through the case specific enquires, you are able to attach documents to that one!

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
I finally head back from Kingston This morning!!!!!!!

Not sure how to take this e-mail, weather to be worried or what...can anybody help me interpret this e-mail???

Dear waitingonforever,

Thank you for your email,

This application is currently pending further review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. For individual cases, actual processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the number of new applications received by the visa office.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status.

Regards,

Immigration Section
High Commission of Canada
3 West Kings House Road, Kingston 10
Telephone : 876- 926-1500
Facsimile: 876- 733- 3480
Email: kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca