App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
maybe this has been done before, but i'd love to hear how everyone met their other half for anyone who wants to share...

i'll start since it's my nosey request :)

i've been going to jamaica for awhile, have a lot of friends and extended family, and i tend to do a long weekend to party (don't get out much in toronto, so i go for the big party weekends, ATI, Ochi for Easter and such)... One day I was trying to find out about one of the ochi easter parties online and my now husband spent an hour or so to try to convince me to go to his cousin's party... we ended up on msn/phone for hours every night (he was in his final year at UWI at the time and i think i might have near made him fail lol) and long story short, we went to his cousin's party :) turns out we know quite a few of the same people, and seen each other at parties before... so i was pretty sure he wasn't a serial killer or anything... now i'm about 99.7% sure :)

i know.. rather boring story... internet hookup... lol... but god bless the internet :)

anyone else want to share?

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodmorning everyone well actually ya its just after 12 am I am doing laundry and thought I would come on. Hope you all had a great weekend. I pray for good news for someone anyone please. Its so quiet here now. I can't believe I have been on here almost 1 yr wow time flys. We have been with IMM 1 yr I should have sent then a annversary card..lol
Missing I hope you hear something real soon. As for us well we are hanging in there as good as we can. Work is taking up alot of my brain. :eek: so alone times are the hardest. Ohhhh the agony :'(. But soooon I will be telling him to move over,don'thog the covers, put the lid down, what are ya cooking that smells so nasty. Your not aloud to drive for ya smash up the car one time before. Awwww I can't wait. hehehe

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good Morning Forum Family :D :D 8)

Well it is Monday morning and hopefully some great news will happen this week ....I pray pray pray everyday for that!!!

I had a great weekend.....beer was good and cold friday night ...and the music and conversation flowed great until 3 AM ... :p
My son has started playing softball as well and his first game was last night...we won 25-4 and my son hit a home run with bases
loaded ;D. Love it!! football and softball season is here!! My friends from JA have also arrived back for the farm work and it was
great to see them as well. They tell me, hubby "soon come" ... I was SO sure he would be here before them this year...so glad I
didn't bet on it :eek:

Chelley....I met my hubby at the bar in my home town. But my story is that I was not even supposed to be here that weekend. It was my cousins wedding in Boston and I had my reservation at the hotel with all my family and was ready to leave and my dog got really really sick so I decided I better take her to the vet and they ended up keeping her for 24 hours and so I had to cancel my trip to the wedding, so feeling really bad that I couldn't be with my family and my dog was SO sick...I ended up drowning my sorrows with a friend and at the end of the evening (11:00 PM ) I decided I was going to go over to the bar instead of going to bed...lol. So at about 11:15 while I was sitting chatting with my girlfriend on a bar stool...in walks my future husband. So me being a little tipsy... :p decided to invite them to sit with us (four of them) I had met one of them prior to that evening, so I was blah blah blah with him and as I looked over across the bar I locked eyes with this gorgeous man that would later become the love of my life. I smiled at him and he smiled back...and OMG his smile and those eyes of his almost knocked me off my stool :D Anyways...soon after the exchange of smiles he made his way over to sit beside me and well after a few more smiles ...he asked for my phone number and the rest is history ;D But what is quit surprising to me is... he told me later on in our relationship that that night when the guys were getting ready to go out he asked them to wait for him as he decided to join them and the reason was to meet me that night as he never wanted to go with the guys before that night and I was not even supposed to be in Canada...lol. So he says it was fate!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Good morning everyone! Hi Ang, thanks for the Big up! lol

Glad to hear your night went well rosemel! My Friday night started out as a simple night out with my cousins however, they surprised me with a bachelorette party they didn't have before my wedding lol What a great night! But I was sick the next day....YIKES, I'm off drinking for a long time now lol I already warned them NOT to put the pics on FB!!!

chelley......I met my husband on vacation in JA. He worked as an ENT co-ordinator at the resort I stayed at. It is funny because my cousin was engaged to one of the ENT guys for 2 years but they were off and on quite frequently. I had sworn up and down that I was not hooking up with anybody there, didn't even want to talk to any guys, and was absolutely NEVER going to have a relationship with anyone in JA. Yeah well you know that saying....never say never! lol My now husband, asked me to dance and I told him not to talk to me, I wasn't interested in conversation but would dance with him. He was quite fine with that and asked me to dance several times that night. He said he liked me from the minute he saw me but let's face it, he is ENT at the resort? Anyway, my son was with me along with my cousins and their children. He tried to dance a little risque with me and I said hey now, my son is here and there will be none of that! He says he liked that and he had a whole lot of respect for me and wanted to get to know me more. He used my cousin's daughter to get to me....she would come to my room for candy and asked him to come along with her so then he found out which room I was in. He always seemed to pass by and knock on my door to say hello or he would play with her and tell her to invite me to join them lol He enjoyed coming over to me and rubbing my hair, he loved my hair for some reason and I admit I really enjoyed it too lol I felt so comfortable with him, like I had known him forever. He was so adorable and sweet! He took me out on a date on his day off, paid for everything and was a complete gentleman. He introduced me to his family and told them I was his future wife....I of course said no I'm not and thought he probably said that about every girl he met there lol We were inseperable after that and kept in touch several times a day after I left. I went back alone to visit 2 months later. He asked me to marry him, I said I wouldnt marry a man who worked at a resort so he quit and got another job at the hospital. I was shocked! But saw that he actually was serious. I went back to visit several times and then we got married on my birthday. My cousin broke up with her fiance and I'm the one who got married....funny! So that's it....I guess it was meant to be! ;D

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
awww what cute stories... i'd love to hear more! hopefully remininising how it all started will help pass a little time and pick spirits up a bit :)

rosie, yours was def fate...
i love that he quit the job nae :) :)

i'm supposed to be packing, so of course i'm parked in front of the computer... trying to remember what the heck i did with my Fido SIM... argh...

lets hope may brings more than flowers :) (updaaaaates pls!)

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning Forum Family............ Bless up your beautiful selves!

Peni... you added me of Fossbook but u dont answer my questions lol... wha do you ? ;)

I am starting to love the weather here in toronto... its getting warm and sunny and the birds are singing and the flowers are blooming and its quite lovely... so happy and so is hussy!

A new month and new week so lets get some stinkin new updates!

I met my hubby while on one of the many vacations to Ja at good old Jimmy Buffett Margarittaville..... to make a long story short.... he was the best looking guy in the whole place and I was showing the mon dem how a white gal can gwan to reggae and it won over hubby and he was hooked from the first bounce of di BUMPA! Him still cant manage it! :p !!

So I am looking into getting that Jillian Michaels 30 day shred... May 3rd today.. I am doing my official weigh in any min cuz the lady at my work brought in her 100 dollar digital scale which will tell me all of my info... (100 Dollars... CHO! cant beleive)

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
I like the stories too chelley! yours is not boring....you already met before the internet chat, you just didn't know it yet.

I'm selfishly glad my hubby quit the job too ... if he hadn't we wouldn't be married right now

lol @ kc - way to go girl!

howmuchlonger

Dec 21, 2009
Hey everyone I am also on the "get fit" wagon with all you girls. I was looking into the 30 day shred and has anyone had any reslults from it? I need to change up my routine as I have hit a plateau. Since January I have lost 30 lbs but am stuck at that and still would like another 10lbs. (you know what they say the last 10 is the hardest). Any advice?

I met my husband on a cruiseship. He was a bartender and I was travelling on the ship every 3 months or so. About a year after travelling I met him as we were both off the ship at a bar called Papas and Beers in Mexico (crazy wild place). We started talking, a year later and numerous trips & phone calls it just so happened that he was getting off the ship to go back home on my Birthday so me and my 3 sisters flew to LA and he stayed the weekend with us, when back in Canada we applied for a visitors and as you guessed it, it was denied. I decided to go visit him while he was home and in the process of planning a trip we decided life is to short so we also started planning a wedding. We we married in Aug 2008, after that he went back on the ship for 1 more contract and in Sept 2009, his Visa was approved... and we are now living happily ever after.

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Well my future hubby and I met through church - long distance. I lived in Canada and had never gone to JA and he lived in JA and never came to Canada. My pastor goes to JA for tent meetings and crusades that he would organize with the local churches all over the islands. Well my pastor and another minister that lived in JA decided to play matchmaker. Meanwhile I had made this list of 42 qualities that I would like in a husband and I prayed over it for a few months. A couple of months later my pastor is like "There is someone you might be interested to know.. he's an evangelist.. apprently very good looking.. (LOL!) etc etc.." From there I called and got the 411 on him from the other minister in JA... She's like "He's like a son to me... love him dearly.. He has a good heart.. etc etc..." Then when finally he called me I had nothing to say - SO nervous! I was positive he'd never call again. After about 3 weeks of talking on the phone I checked off about 20 of the husband "qualities" from my list. On the phone he'd always say "Take your private jet and come for a visit." I kept saying "Well you never know what God has in store." Meanwhile I had already bought my plane ticket to visit JA with my mom and some people from church. Well I think I gave him a heart attack when I called him from Sangster's Int'l. He said he couldn't eat again. We met and it was instant connection. But I wanted to be sure, so I kept my feelings on the down low. Two day after we met face to face he said "I love you." When I came home from that trip I went back to my list of "husband" qualities, I checked off everything left on the list. That was August 2008 and when I went back to visit in December 2008 he propose and we married last summer. Match made.. in Heaven! ;D

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Good Morning Everybody

WoW I thought I was the only Internet hook up on here glad for the company Chelly :p

KC: 30 Day shred is the boss. Last week when I started on April 27th and weighed in at 129.2lbs(I have a weight watchers scale that I bought for my bday) and this morning I stepped on the scale 125.8 :eek: Plus my body is getting more defined, building muscle. I am loving it. I have not missed a day so far. I am thinking of moving up to level 2 today even though its been only 6 days of level one and you are supposed to do 10 of each level. I have been watching what I eat as well.

Its a little hard starting out but I swear after day 2 it gets easier.

I have a draw full of skinny jeans I haven't fit into in years. I am making it my mission to wear them again.

COme on KG updates please.

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
AWWWWW!!!!!!! I love all the stories. It just makes me smile....love is a magical thing, and when it finds you and it is right then it is out of your hands....i love love :)

My story, i knowi have told before but for those who haven't heard please indulge lol...
Well i was a month fresh out of a nine year relationship and i was all on a beyonce single lady and miss independent kick. thinking to myself after being trapped so long i was go do the single thing...boy was i wrong. I went to a reggae club with a friend of mine (only the third time i had been there) the night before my friends wedding with a fever of 103 just to dance an have a good time. I had jokingly said on the way to this place that i wanted to meet a tall guy as i was tired of short guys,...not ten minutes into the club and in walks my husband at a stunningly sexy 6'5...i was like damn!!! imma dance with him.
Being new to the dating single independent scene i was waiting for him to approach me, next thing i know his friend approaches me and asks me if my friend would like to dance with my future hubby. Knowing i was interested she said no...but now im mad cause i wanted him. So my friend and i were just dancing away and later on i feel someone dancing up behind me, i turn to look and it was HIM! My heart stopped but i played it cool. After about 2hrs of dancing i was dying, my fever had spiked and i thought i was going to pass out so i just off and left to go outside. So i am sitting across the road and down the street and what do i see but him outside looking for me.
We sat and chatted for another hour or so outside, he was telling me he loved me and would marry me and he dreamed about me and that was why he was out....i still being miss independent was all i dont need a man and dont pull no foolish lines on me....but he was cute so i gave him my number but told him not to get his hopes up.....4months later we were engaged and 10 months from that night we were married
Giving him my number was the single best decision i have ever made. He is my exact opposite and brings out everything good in me. Thank god he was persistent :) cause it would have been my loss

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
LOL .. that makes it now a 3rd internet hook up Jamwifey. We met over the internet for you know what ;D ;) and of course, one thing led to another and by the time I made the first wink, love was in the air.

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Simple home remedies to everyday problems.....

1. AVOID CUTTING YOURSELF WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES BY GETTING SOMEONE ELSE TO HOLD THE VEGETABLES WHILE YOU CHOP.

2. AVOID ARGUMENTS WITH THE FEMALES ABOUT LIFTING THE TOILET SEAT BY USING THE SINK.

3. FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SUFFERERS ~ SIMPLY CUT YOURSELF AND BLEED FOR A FEW MINUTES, THUS REDUCING THE PRESSURE ON YOUR VEINS. REMEMBER TO USE A TIMER.

4. A MOUSE TRAP PLACED ON TOP OF YOUR ALARM CLOCK WILL PREVENT YOU FROM ROLLING OVER AND GOING BACK TO SLEEP AFTER YOU HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON.

5. IF YOU HAVE A BAD COUGH, TAKE A LARGE DOSE OF LAXATIVES. THEN YOU'LL BE AFRAID TO COUGH.

6. YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

7. IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

DAILY THOUGHT:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

PS....I have reached my 200th post!!!!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
LOL @ #5 Missing...I can just imagine that...Instant cough remedy

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
LOL Missing!! Too funny! ;D

I too enjoy reading everyone's love story. So sweet.