Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
I am so sorry to hear of your news oneandonly...

My hubby was robbed last year and they too took his iphone, chain and cash. It was 2 months before our wedding so they didn't have a chance to get his wedding band.

Maddants has a good idea, if it works for you. I hope that he stays safe the rest of this time apart. Best wishes to you

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Jamgirl said:

My hubby was robbed last year and they too took his iphone, chain and cash. It was 2 months before our wedding so they didn't have a chance to get his wedding band.

Maddants has a good idea, if it works for you. I hope that he stays safe the rest of this time apart. Best wishes to you
Jamgirl congrats your hubby is landing today??

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
oneandonly said:
Ughh jamaica is one place I would never visit to be honest. Only cuz hubby had to go home is the only reason I have to go. It's way overpriced for nothing special I do Cuba any day or Dominica.
Sorry to hear about the news One&only. Definitely not the kind of news any spouse should have to wake up to. The blessing is that his life was spared and he is safe. The materials are absolutely nothing as those can be replaced. I'd give everything I own to have my husband alive and healthy.

As for Jamaica, that is my second home and my husband's first. It is the place where he was born, raised and has learned everything he knows today. It has shaped and conformed him to the wonderful man he has become. It is truly a beautiful country and I admire the culture and even the vast differences we share. I know it's extremely important for my husband that I respect and accept his culture and country as a whole as I know he'll do the same for mine. Don't let the differences and negative experience seek a home within you as these are the things that push us to look deeper into gaining an understanding of one another and grow. A robbery can happen anywhere, including Canada.

Keep strong.

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
oneandonly said:
Ughh jamaica is one place I would never visit to be honest. Only cuz hubby had to go home is the only reason I have to go. It's way overpriced for nothing special I do Cuba any day or Dominica.
Good morning oneandonly!! I am deeply sadden to hear about what happened to hubby. All my thoughts and prayers are with you both. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now. As others have said, give thanks to God that he has life as all the other things can be replaced. Maddants is right, they probably think he has "money tree" with him since he was in "foreign"......it's sad, but that's just reality for many people in Jamaica.

Please don't let this incident deter you from visiting Jamaica. There are areas you can go where you can feel somewhat safe. If you still plan to go and visit hubby, and if it's affordable, you can stay in the "tourist" areas (Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Negril)....these areas are somewhat safer from what I have experienced. Go spend some time with hubby. He needs you right now.....and you will Enjoy our beautiful Island of Jamaica.....

I really hope that hubby will be okay and these thugs will leave him alone. As Maddants said, if he can leave, tell him to leave else he will continue to be their target.

Hang in there hun....we are all praying for you. Be strong for you and hubby.

xoxo

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Jamgirl said:

Congrats Jamgirl!! I guess Kingston is on the grind.....I hope they keep it up.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Halfmoon said:
Sorry to hear about the news One&only. Definitely not the kind of news any spouse should have to wake up to. The blessing is that his life was spared and he is safe. The materials are absolutely nothing as those can be replaced. I'd give everything I own to have my husband alive and healthy.

As for Jamaica, that is my second home and my husband's first. It is the place where he was born, raised and has learned everything he knows today. It has shaped and conformed him to the wonderful man he has become. It is truly a beautiful country and I admire the culture and even the vast differences we share. I know it's extremely important for my husband that I respect and accept his culture and country as a whole as I know he'll do the same for mine. Don't let the differences and negative experience seek a home within you as these are the things that push us to look deeper into gaining an understanding of one another and grow. A robbery can happen anywhere, including Canada.

Keep strong.

Thank you for halfmoon I will continue to pray.

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Sorry......GOOD MORNING FAM!!!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
oneandonly said:
Thank you for halfmoon I will continue to pray.
You have a good group here and have our support. Some times these challenges reveal how strong we stand as a couple and when you get through this, your love for each other will have increased even more.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Keke78 said:
Good morning oneandonly!! I am deeply sadden to hear about what happened to hubby. All my thoughts and prayers are with you both. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now. As others have said, give thanks to God that he has life as all the other things can be replaced. Maddants is right, they probably think he has "money tree" with him since he was in "foreign"......it's sad, but that's just reality for many people in Jamaica.

Please don't let this incident deter you from visiting Jamaica. There are areas you can go where you can feel somewhat safe. If you still plan to go and visit hubby, and if it's affordable, you can stay in the "tourist" areas (Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Negril)....these areas are somewhat safer from what I have experienced. Go spend some time with hubby. He needs you right now.....and you will Enjoy our beautiful Island of Jamaica.....

I really hope that hubby will be okay and these thugs will leave him alone. As Maddants said, if he can leave, tell him to leave else he will continue to be their target.

Hang in there hun....we are all praying for you. Be strong for you and hubby.

xoxo
thank you keke if I made a ton of money I would get him to safety make him have a place of his own. When you have to stay with family and they don't live in the good parts its hard. His family members don't work they can't support themselves so I can't even ask them to help my husband for food. Thank goodness early yesterday he paid his rent and bills before he got robbed. All he wanted to do was come home safe from school and this morning go buy some meat to cook and now he can't. I'm going to JA in march

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Keke78 said:
Sorry......GOOD MORNING FAM!!!
Good Morning Pretty Mama!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Well today is the day!

After waiting for 15 months, my husband is coming home!!

Just to fill you all in as I have not been on much lately...

On Christmas Day I checked my eCAS and saw that it had been finally updated to IN PROCESS on Dec 21. 2012. What a great Christmas present!! Our bring forward date was Dec 22!

Then on Tuesday January 8th at 07:45 my husband received the call for PPR!!! He called me in tears, "Baby we did it, we did it! I'm coming home!!!" I couldn't believe it was finally happening for us! At that time they told my husband they require him to sign a document and they are going to send him the document in the post. When he receives the document he is to sign it and send it back with his passport...

We waited two weeks for that damn document and let me tell you that was the longest 2 weeks of my life!!! It finally come, he sign it and sent it off with DHL on Wednesday Jan 23/13 and they receive it at 16:00 on Thursday the 24th... They put that visa in his passport quick quick times as sometime between 10pm Wednesday Jan30 and 7am Thursday Jan31, my file change to Decision Made and DHL tracker go crazy!!!! 4 days for visa!!!

He picked up his Passport yesterday morning from DHL in Mobay and right now he is in the air on his way to Canada!!!

At times I lost my faith in this process.... It is overwhelming and never easy. My file took 15 months, and 2 weeks, FOR NO REASON AT ALL!

Its ok to have bad days, just hold on to positivity and make small goals if need be. Good luck and god's speed to each and every one of you!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Halfmoon said:
You have a good group here and have our support. Some times these challenges reveal how strong we stand as a couple and when you get through this, your love for each other will have increased even more.
Halfmoon your absolutely right for the few months my hubby has been gone he has told me and showed me his love has grew for me even stronger. I noticed a big change he sees that his canada friends are nowhere to be found they don't send any money, phone credit or even call. He plans not to communicate with them when he comes back. His father says see son all you have is your wife she fends for you she's the best thing that happened to you. This forum omg I don't know what I would do without it my life would be upside down. I want to thank each and everyone of you for keeping me strong

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Jamgirl said:
Well today is the day!

After waiting for 15 months, my husband is coming home!!

Just to fill you all in as I have not been on much lately...

On Christmas Day I checked my eCAS and saw that it had been finally updated to IN PROCESS on Dec 21. 2012. What a great Christmas present!! Our bring forward date was Dec 22!

Then on Tuesday January 8th at 07:45 my husband received the call for PPR!!! He called me in tears, "Baby we did it, we did it! I'm coming home!!!" I couldn't believe it was finally happening for us! At that time they told my husband they require him to sign a document and they are going to send him the document in the post. When he receives the document he is to sign it and send it back with his passport...

We waited two weeks for that damn document and let me tell you that was the longest 2 weeks of my life!!! It finally come, he sign it and sent it off with DHL on Wednesday Jan 23/13 and they receive it at 16:00 on Thursday the 24th... They put that visa in his passport quick quick times as sometime between 10pm Wednesday Jan30 and 7am Thursday Jan31, my file change to Decision Made and DHL tracker go crazy!!!! 4 days for visa!!!

He picked up his Passport yesterday morning from DHL in Mobay and right now he is in the air on his way to Canada!!!

At times I lost my faith in this process.... It is overwhelming and never easy. My file took 15 months, and 2 weeks, FOR NO REASON AT ALL!

Its ok to have bad days, just hold on to positivity and make small goals if need be. Good luck and god's speed to each and every one of you!

About time!!! So happy for you hun. This time tomorrow you will be waking up beside him in your bed and not his.

I have tears of happiness for you.

THANK GOD HE IS COMING HOME!!!!

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Jamgirl said:

Morning sis.....im happy for you and hubby......Hubby will the there in a few hrs. from now......i know you are very excited....enjoy yourself today sis