Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Halfmoon said:
Hey Maddants, thanks for the note. Here is what it says in the CIC guide:

How long is a permanent resident visa valid?

A permanent resident visa is issued for a period not exceeding the earliest expiry date of the following documents:

•the medical results for you and your family members or
•your or your family members' passport.

.....which means that the applicant (my hubbie) would not be able to travel on an expired medical nor passport (obviously). I do know for a fact that they will either request him to redo the medical but I'm hoping they'll request an extension on it. As for the police certificate, it is valid for 12 months after the issuance date HOWEVER the guide doesn't specify whether it would impede on the issuance of the PR visa if the PC is expired that is why we've made an executive decision to get it done now rather than waiting for them to request it since PC's cannot be extended. That said, we will wait for instructions on the medical as there is a 50/50 chance of that being extended vs. having to get them redone.

PS
He's already on his way to the tax office and get his PP pictures done so I'm just going to allow him. :-X
ok.....if that what he wants to do let him then.....for me im going to wait until they tell me to do them....i wrote to them and they just told me that they will let me know if the are required or not.....just praying that i dont have to redo anything ova....lol but if i have to do them then i will.....

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
ready_fi_move_on said:
Morning family and happy Monday to all
brand you week full of possibilities and 5 long days for Kingston to start making some of yall happy up in here
My dancing shoes are itching to do the moonwalk up in here

Fyi... Blondie has landed safely and is working on adjusting to CANADA life
i'm sure she will be in to give her landing story as soon as she is settled

hubbie is getting settled into Canadian lifestyle well
he has a job interview tomorrow (yeah)
he is so excited about it .... we also have him signed up for classes to upgrade his computer repair which he will start next month so everything sort out for him (happy dance)

obtw just to let yall know Scotia bank has an excellent account for new comers
they give you a $1000 limit credit card to help start building your credit
the account has no transaction fees for 2 years
its pretty good to start off with
just some food for thought for yall

friday he will be taking his G-1 test - hes deter mined to be driving by the end of the year

also have hubbie checking out the new Canadian center it really helps them to know what Canadian life is really like and they will show them how to get into school to upgrade themselves if that's what they want to do .... they have a resource center that helps with job preparation everything(resume writing the whole shebang)

hoping that he gets his pr card this week .... so we can go for his heath card even though he wont get it till the end of the month but really want to get that all out of the way

enough about me though

come on Kingston we need something to dance about

http://youtu.be/IKqV7DB8Iwg (this one for you kingston)
hey there sis .....im glad thing are working out for you and the hubby...........im glad i have a scotia bank account out here in Jamaica.........so thank you for the info on the scotia bank there.........that is the bank i want my account with so it will be easy to transfer money to my jamaican account when im ready..........tell the hubby .......Good Luck On the Job Interview

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Maddants said:
hey there sis .....im glad thing are working out for you and the hubby...........im glad i have a scotia bank account out here in Jamaica.........so thank you for the info on the scotia bank there.........that is the bank i want my account with so it will be easy to transfer money to my jamaican account when im ready..........tell the hubby .......Good Luck On the Job Interview
thanks very much ;D ;D ;D ;D
i will definatly tell him ;D ;D

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Maddants said:
ok.....if that what he wants to do let him then.....for me im going to wait until they tell me to do them....i wrote to them and they just told me that they will let me know if the are required or not.....just praying that i dont have to redo anything ova....lol but if i have to do them then i will.....

Yes he got it done this am.

The advantage of waiting for them to request you doing them is that they would provide you with a form which I hear would waive the fees however it would cause additional delay depending on the BFD they put on your file to get them redone. I'd hate to find out when they request to have them redone that they put a 60 day BFD on my application for sufficient time to have the redo's completed!!!

Hubbie said he would rather pay the $2000 JA fees to have the PC redone and so that the visa officer will have everything on hand when they're ready to issue and eliminate the potential delay. He doesn't want to chance wasting even one more day apart if he can help it. I am on board with this!! Not even one unecessary day apart.

The other point of them telling applicants to wait is that if the application is not approved for whatever reasons (such as failed security/background check) which hubbie has none, it would essentially be a waste for the applicant to get them redone. They request the applicants to redo the PC and Meds only when the application has been approved and simply need the last two pieces to finalize and issue visa.

dlmo77

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Brampton ON
Category........
Visa Office......
KGTN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 26 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC request Feb 12 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 19 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 26 2012
Med's Request
Sept 21 2013/medical redo/ police redo/ marriage cert/all supporting docs
Med's Done....
July 15 2012/ Sept 21 2013
Interview........
Oct 7 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2015
Thanks for the welcomes ladies..

just talking to our immigration consultant who tells me to wait to send the PR fee until they let us know if he is even approved...
lord... what would i do if that didnt happen? anyway still trying to borrow the money to send off before hand anyway as i know my prayers will be answered and dada will be home soon enough. dont need any delays and i dont want to wait for KG to reply i want no hold up!

Chickie72...i hear we might need a ACR letter in a denied refugee case (with a removal order for reason of them leaving our sides here) aswell... so another 400 for that one?...
wasnt expecting this at all so its a tough one to swallow with a newborn on the way come march

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
ready_fi_move_on said:
Morning family and happy Monday to all
brand you week full of possibilities and 5 long days for Kingston to start making some of yall happy up in here
My dancing shoes are itching to do the moonwalk up in here

Fyi... Blondie has landed safely and is working on adjusting to CANADA life
i'm sure she will be in to give her landing story as soon as she is settled

hubbie is getting settled into Canadian lifestyle well
he has a job interview tomorrow (yeah)
he is so excited about it .... we also have him signed up for classes to upgrade his computer repair which he will start next month so everything sort out for him (happy dance)

obtw just to let yall know Scotia bank has an excellent account for new comers
they give you a $1000 limit credit card to help start building your credit
the account has no transaction fees for 2 years
its pretty good to start off with
just some food for thought for yall

friday he will be taking his G-1 test - hes deter mined to be driving by the end of the year

also have hubbie checking out the new Canadian center it really helps them to know what Canadian life is really like and they will show them how to get into school to upgrade themselves if that's what they want to do .... they have a resource center that helps with job preparation everything(resume writing the whole shebang)

hoping that he gets his pr card this week .... so we can go for his heath card even though he wont get it till the end of the month but really want to get that all out of the way

enough about me though

come on Kingston we need something to dance about

http://youtu.be/IKqV7DB8Iwg (this one for you kingston)

That's amazing to hear Ready!!!

Good "Momm's" you are!!!

Wishing him the best of luck on his interview and I agree, exposing him to all the Canadian resources will assist him in navigating our system which he could gain a sense of independance in doing. That will surely boost his confidence being new to Canada and also adapting to a new way of life!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Maddants said:
LOL..........how you doing my sis

I am good, I can't seem to link you on yahoo messenger for some reason...and you were sending me some weird messages with strange digits last time we tried. its like your talking to me in alien or something how you doing, how is your wife holding up?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
dlmo77 said:

just talking to our immigration consultant who tells me to wait to send the PR fee until they let us know if he is even approved...
lord... what would i do if that didnt happen? anyway still trying to borrow the money to send off before hand anyway as i know my prayers will be answered and dada will be home soon enough. dont need any delays and i dont want to wait for KG to reply i want no hold up!

Chickie72...i hear we might need a ACR letter in a denied refugee case (with a removal order for reason of them leaving our sides here) aswell... so another 400 for that one?...
wasnt expecting this at all so its a tough one to swallow with a newborn on the way come march
YEs and also RCMP clearance checks from his time in Canada which is an extra delay also as those can take up to 4 months and approx 4 months for the ARC.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
dlmo77 said:

Not even for a day!

dlmo77

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Brampton ON
Category........
Visa Office......
KGTN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 26 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC request Feb 12 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 19 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 26 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Oct 7 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2015
YEs and also RCMP clearance checks from his time in Canada which is an extra delay also as those can take up to 4 months and approx 4 months for the ARC.

:( so the visa office does those for us or we wait again till they ask for it?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
yes we can't go ahead and do these ourselves, we have to wait for kingston to get in touch with our hubbies, for the RCMP he will have to go get fingerprints done (not sure where) and then take those back to the embassy and they will forward on to RCMP in canada and when RCMP clears it they will email KIngston to let them know. As for the ARC, they will contact him again to pay the $400 and submit a letter and when he is approved by canada they will then ask for his Passport.

dlmo77

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Brampton ON
Category........
Visa Office......
KGTN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 26 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC request Feb 12 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 19 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 26 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Oct 7 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2015
chickie72 said:
yes we can't go ahead and do these ourselves, we have to wait for kingston to get in touch with our hubbies, for the RCMP he will have to go get fingerprints done (not sure where) and then take those back to the embassy and they will forward on to RCMP in canada and when RCMP clears it they will email KIngston to let them know. As for the ARC, they will contact him again to pay the $400 and submit a letter and when he is approved by canada they will then ask for his Passport.
o.k so he did those prints back in late october... and CIC saying that KG takes care of the rcmp check from there

wow what a process! being told 6 months max from the consultant and now finding all this out this month is a total trip! damn
had no idea about ACR letters or fees until i visit this site...

thanks again for the info

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
it is dumb that they have to get a criminal check in canada as they had alot of criminal checks from the CBSA while here and believe me! they would know if they left here with a criminal record and it would be in his file so I don't understand why they have to ask for them when all they have to do is look up the file to see. I checked my hubbies UCI from his refugee status one time just to be curious and it had his permanent resident file status from now on there, it was weird lol

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
chickie72 said:
Lawd girlie.......what u do to yourself? ? ?

I guess that goes to say u had a good weekend eh!....Me, i recuperated from the last two weekends and stuck to my yard this weekend like a good girl. Any word yet on your PR card?

@ Halfmoon no disco room - but i think it could be a potential future investment......as hubby said a fi wi room so dat mean anyting can happen inna fi wi room and lawd knows he means it LMAO

Chickie no PR yet...sin card came through thinking another week or 2 till it comes....

HUbby interview friday was cancelled due to them having filled the spot...and sat interview was a scam....so we didnt even bother to go ....

We drove around yesterday and picked up application and handed out resumes of near by places....Tomorrow he has another meeting the employment center.

As far as fun is concerned...went out Friday looking hotter than ten fire sides....played couple games of pool harassed the DJ...then hubby and i bruk out all night long....went home~sang to him some more spent a sweet satday curled up....watched some family movies with kids, etc....

Weekend well spent......Next weekend we wont be going out....we had made a limit which will be 2 per month...nothing more nothing less.....

not sure at what point i pulled my muscles...cause at the time i felt and feel no pain LOL

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
dlmo77 said:
o.k so he did those prints back in late october... and CIC saying that KG takes care of the rcmp check from there

wow what a process! being told 6 months max from the consultant and now finding all this out this month is a total trip! damn
had no idea about ACR letters or fees until i visit this site...

thanks again for the info
Did kingston ask him to get the prints in October or are you talking about the ones you submitted with the application. Those are two different ones.