waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
longdistanceloves said:
I called my MP's office last Friday and talked to the woman who deals with the immigration stuff and she was very friedly. I said I had not recieved AOR from Kingston and I should have heard from them after 7 weeks, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't lost. She had me sign something saying she could get that information from Kingston and that she would get back to me as soon as she found out anything. Now, I know there is no rule book to follow on how long it should take her to get back to me.. and each one is defferent and so on, but my question is, how long do I wait without hearing from her, before I email and ask? I don't want to be a bother, but I also don't want to wait for weeks and weeks. Just asking what others would do.... especially since some get back to you within 3 days, what would be appropriate!?
I would give her a friendly call to inquire.

No harm done. ;D

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
Ladies where MPs are concerned its really a hit n miss....at least based on the experiences of others that is what im beginning to think.

You'll either have a nice one - or a shit one.

Mine was an immigrant also - given her name someone in her family had to have been sponsored at one point in their lives........

They work as fast as they wanna - or when they wanna...Some may choose to follow the guidelines....while others actually have a heart.

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
chickie72 said:
I guess we who don't get through to our MP's don't have knowledge? ? ? ? ?

Nope not by any means cause i didnt know *censored word*....lol...but i called mine.....just bascially spoke to her nicely gave her a run down of my concern...i said im aware its early however, im not getting any replies, and am very concerned its lost - and if its lost well id rather know now than find that out in a years time cause id dont know how id live with myself if i had to start all over again - when i could just solve any issues from now, etc.....

Yup and within a few days......that was in Nov then she said if i hear nothing by march to let her know (which is just 5 months later) she didnt rub in about waiting no 16 months, jst that they are slow and it can be processed anywhere from now to that time.......but like i said 2 weeks later i sent her a heartfelt email.....without expectation......and bam....within couple days in procees Friday Nov 23 PPR Nov 26....so in one day of looking through my file...(according to the system) we were done.

point being nothing to do with knowledge and everything to do with WHO your MP is...and whether they feel ur need or not.....but MPs can only inquire...at least thats what im thinking...its kingston who does all the processing....but MPS do help for peace of mind..and if Kingston where more consistent....we wouldnt need to be contacting MPs for the info Kingston should be providing

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Anada said:
Nope not by any means cause i didnt know *censored word*....lol...but i called mine.....just bascially spoke to her nicely gave her a run down of my concern...i said im aware its early however, im not getting any replies, and am very concerned its lost - and if its lost well id rather know now than find that out in a years time cause id dont know how id live with myself if i had to start all over again - when i could just solve any issues from now, etc.....

Yup and within a few days......that was in Nov then she said if i hear nothing by march to let her know (which is just 5 months later) she didnt rub in about waiting no 16 months, jst that they are slow and it can be processed anywhere from now to that time.......but like i said 2 weeks later i sent her a heartfelt email.....without expectation......and bam....within couple days in procees Friday Nov 23 PPR Nov 26....so in one day of looking through my file...(according to the system) we were done.

point being nothing to do with knowledge and everything to do with WHO your MP is...and whether they feel ur need or not.....but MPs can only inquire...at least thats what im thinking...its kingston who does all the processing....but MPS do help for peace of mind..and if Kingston where more consistent....we wouldnt need to be contacting MPs for the info Kingston should be providing
Yup, I think it all depends on the person you get to deal with. I guess I was one amongst the odds to actually get a response back from KG to say they have my file. I just simply emailed them saying that CIC mentioned that my file was transferred to their office and I wasn't sure if I should be expecting something from them indicating they have received it, but I would just like to confirm it was received. I got a response from them the following day (this was back in November).

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Jamgirl said:
I encourage you to keep trying and to carefully choose your wording using facts and information. The more knowledged you are the better. And be FIRM! Good luck ladies and gents.
Before what I said gets twisted completely wrong....

chickie72 said:
Anada said:
point being nothing to do with knowledge and everything to do with WHO your MP is...and whether they feel ur need or not.....
Im sure as adults we all know that you can get different "reactions" from people based on how you talk to them including tone, vocabulary, etc. I simply was trying to say that by showing the MP you have knowledge about the system, and by sounding firm, you may have a better outcome from the MP that you talk to. I was only suggesting based on experience. There is no need to criticize what I said.

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
kissssssssss teeeeeeeet

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
Halfmoon said:
I would give her a friendly call to inquire.

No harm done. ;D
haha! Okay, if you say it is okay then it must be. Cause in my crazy head it sound sperfectly acceptable to call today, but thats me being impatient. But, if you agree, then the two of us can't both be wrong, right?...... :p

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
chickie72 said:
Oh don't get this Cappi started. I'll throw the book at them. LOL!!!!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
from what i see here it looks like it all depends on who your mp is plain and straight ........
big up btown cause our mps are willing to do them job..... both mps here are showing that they have hearts and willing to do dem job

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Anada said:
I actually called them last September and they said to call back around the 10 month mark (which would make it April 2013) however I decided I'd pick up the phone and try again this month. Low and behold they called me back and said they went back in their notes and said they had already advised me and that I should call in 10 months. I was like WTF. LOL. They keep a log of when ppl call. ???

Anada said:
True true. Lazy arses.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
ready_fi_move_on said:
big up btown cause our mps are willing to do them job..... both mps here are showing that they have hearts and willing to do dem job
Ready....you think being from Btown they will have a heart and make sure my husband is here before the baby is born???? I might have to call every month until he is.

BTW....papers are going out in 2 weeks!!!!

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
alright Jamgirl since u PMd to ask: What MY problem is........its your mouth.

Its how u took a hissy fit when u found out i got through - its the *censored word* u were talking - its ur mixup nature.

That is MY problem...well not is, rather WAS. It was your 'oh how could you' without having the sense to understand why......

AND WHAT was the first thing u said to me when u found out 'about me deceiving my friends etc" and then go as far to delete me from FB.........and go rung and talk a bagga *censored word*??? what u think i wouldnt find out???

My response to YOU is you are a grown ass woman..........start acting like one.

I dont hide n chat....

I defended u when i believed it was warranted........but then i got a good taste of ur nature......a good enough taste to know...

YOU LOVE FI CHAT.............and wayyyyy three much.

I always say....if a woman can chat away a next woman's business...........she'll do the same to you.

So since u asked ....in a nutshell.........That is MY problem ...with you.

You vanish i dont know why to go sulk maybe?? Then come back and wanna tell ppl about Knowledge and addressing ppl like grow ups??

If a laff a dead in ya tidehhhhhhhhh

what a way when the tables have turned dont??

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Keke78 said:
Yup, I think it all depends on the person you get to deal with. I guess I was one amongst the odds to actually get a response back from KG to say they have my file. I just simply emailed them saying that CIC mentioned that my file was transferred to their office and I wasn't sure if I should be expecting something from them indicating they have received it, but I would just like to confirm it was received. I got a response from them the following day (this was back in November).

That's really good to hear. I inquired last August and they replied with ' your file is in process and will be contacted at the next stage of processing '. I guess they'll give you one email through out the whole duration cuz any more than that, they nuh respond!! :mad:

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Anada said:
Ladies where MPs are concerned its really a hit n miss....at least based on the experiences of others that is what im beginning to think.

You'll either have a nice one - or a *censored word* one.

Mine was an immigrant also - given her name someone in her family had to have been sponsored at one point in their lives........

They work as fast as they wanna - or when they wanna...Some may choose to follow the guidelines....while others actually have a heart.
LOL so in other words they work like Kingston! :p

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
longdistanceloves said:
haha! Okay, if you say it is okay then it must be. Cause in my crazy head it sound sperfectly acceptable to call today, but thats me being impatient. But, if you agree, then the two of us can't both be wrong, right?...... :p
Right!!! ;D

Persistence will get you everywhere!

You're good, I would have followed up exactly 3 days after or by EOW! You're more patient than I!