January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
hey ladies...
Just a question, I don't know if anyone in here will know the answer... but I would love any insight. My husband and I are going to apply for a visitor's visa, and a medical is required. I am wondering if we have to get a second medical(because he got a medical for the spousal sponsorship visa)? I am hoping that we can use that one again, but I can't seem to find the answer to that anywhere. I am going to try and call CIC tomorrow, but it takes forever to get through to them! I am so desperate to have my husband here. and I know that visitor's visas rarely get accepted but I think its worth a try anyway. I am going to beggggggg them to send him to me, :)

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
longdistanceloves said:
hey ladies...
Just a question, I don't know if anyone in here will know the answer... but I would love any insight. My husband and I are going to apply for a visitor's visa, and a medical is required. I am wondering if we have to get a second medical(because he got a medical for the spousal sponsorship visa)? I am hoping that we can use that one again, but I can't seem to find the answer to that anywhere. I am going to try and call CIC tomorrow, but it takes forever to get through to them! I am so desperate to have my husband here. and I know that visitor's visas rarely get accepted but I think its worth a try anyway. I am going to beggggggg them to send him to me, :)
Just wondering - how do you know that he is required to do a medical for a TRV? I am just asking because when my hubby applied for a TRV last year (before we submitted app for his PR) he wasn't required to do a medical.

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
Keke78 said:
Just wondering - how do you know that he is required to do a medical for a TRV? I am just asking because when my hubby applied for a TRV last year (before we submitted app for his PR) he wasn't required to do a medical.
I believe it must be new that they have to do a medical, because whhen we looked before you didn't have to submit a medical, it just said that they could ask you to do a medical before yoou were approved. Now I went onto the new website and filled out the questions to make sure he was eligible, and it asked first of all if he had a medical done by a cic approved physician in the last year. And then when I looked at the requirements to apply it said a medical exam must be done. So now I am wondering if he needs a completely new one or if he can use the same one?

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
bajan246 said:
keke78 since u did ur medical did there reply to u
Hi bajan- my hubby was the one who had the medical done when we applied for his PR.

bajan246

Jan 5, 2013
longdistanceloves said:
I believe it must be new that they have to do a medical, because whhen we looked before you didn't have to submit a medical, it just said that they could ask you to do a medical before yoou were approved. Now I went onto the new website and filled out the questions to make sure he was eligible, and it asked first of all if he had a medical done by a cic approved physician in the last year. And then when I looked at the requirements to apply it said a medical exam must be done. So now I am wondering if he needs a completely new one or if he can use the same one?
i was ask to redo my medical by trinidad office i send it in aug they recievce it but since then i send them emails there not replying to me an it four month any one know how long it take

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
longdistanceloves said:
Oh, ok! I would assume since they asked if he had one done within the last year, then he wouldn't be required to do one again at this point.

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
bajan246 said:
i was ask to redo my medical by trinidad office i send it in aug they recievce it but since then i send them emails there not replying to me an it four month any one know how long it take
That seems like a really long time for you not to hear anything......try posting in the POS thread (link below) maybe someone there would be able to share their experience with you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/port-of-spain-office-trinidad-and-tobago-t42874.3510.html

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
good morning family HAPPY HUMP DAY

I need a little advise when my husband and step daughter landed they were provided with a pacakge for child tax benefits .... my question is this since they arrived at the end of the year. should i wait untill i file my taxes and add her as dependent or fill out the package from now and send it in to the revenue canada.
I am not sure how this all works
please help
having one of those confused moment again

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
frankfield said:
Hello forum family:

Happy new year to everyone and God's speed with your aprovals and landing stories. My husband and I just spent our first Christmas together.
Wow frankfield. So sorry to hear of your loss but your strength and perseverance is amazing. It is powerful to all who read this to see how strong you are to overcome the struggles that are put in our paths everyday. God will not give you more then you can handle, so he knew that you would not go against him even in a time of terrible tragedy. It is just amazing and it fills my heart to read your story and please know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. Blessings

najj

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2012 (2nd time)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-11-2012(dropped off 04-12-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
ready_fi_move_on said:

I need a little advise when my husband and step daughter landed they were provided with a pacakge for child tax benefits .... my question is this since they arrived at the end of the year. should i wait untill i file my taxes and add her as dependent or fill out the package from now and send it in to the revenue canada.
please help
I would call them.....u don't have to give any info just act like ur asking for some 1...have u been filing married?????some ppl say that u don't have 2 bcuz ur husband is not in the country but u do...so the best response u can get which is correct is from the same ppl that work for them....hope that helps

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
najj said:
I would call them.....u don't have to give any info just act like ur asking for some 1...have u been filing married?????some ppl say that u don't have 2 bcuz ur husband is not in the country but u do...so the best response u can get which is correct is from the same ppl that work for them....hope that helps
thanks for your reply i will call
as for filing as married yes i do i learned that the hard way ... when we first got married because we got married at the end of the year my accountant advised me not to file as married till the following year BOY WAS That a mistake .... the following year my child tax and Gst.hst payments were held back from me for 6 months untill they were able to update my file with all of his infromation as well .....thats what has me so parro now i dont want to add her and it causes problem or not add her and cause problems ..... dealing with government agencys is not easy if it is not one thing its another ::)

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
Keke78 said:
Oh, ok! I would assume since they asked if he had one done within the last year, then he wouldn't be required to do one again at this point.
Please forget I asked this question. I called CIC and they have said that no medical is required.. I don't know why it came up on the checklist.. Thanks for your answer though. No medical is required when you apply for a temprorary resident visa.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
longdistanceloves said:
Please forget I asked this question. I called CIC and they have said that no medical is required.. I don't know why it came up on the checklist.. Thanks for your answer though. No medical is required when you apply for a temprorary resident visa.
I might check to see if applying for a visitors visa would halt your PR application before you apply...unless you have already looked into this. I know others who have applied and they had problems. Also he might be declined as they will see that you have an application in for PR and they might think that he isn't coming back to JA after the visitors visa

I don't mean to be harsh by any means and I don't want to see you get disappointed if things go wrong. I know how it feels to be missing your spouse and wanting them here. I am 4 months pregnant and would have to have my husband here....however he can't be :(

Good luck and let us know what happens

His_Wife

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 4, 2012
AOR Received.
15/10/2012
File Transfer...
16/10/2012
Passport Req..
Feb 21st 2013
LANDED..........
March 27th 2013
ready_fi_move_on said:

please help

Ready,

Unless the rules have changed, you can apply now. My sisters and I also landed at the end of the year and I remember my dad filing right away and dec. was counted - but that was a minute ago. Either way, I would advise that you send the apllication now.