Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-11-2012(dropped off 04-12-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
GM forum ppl......thank God this morning for it is a day of praise.....when praises go up....blessings come down......if the Lord has brought u through reach up and grab ur breakthrough.....the Lord has been so good......I want to thank him for all he has done......I thank him for the blood......the blood that runs through my body to give me life for waking me up this morning.....praise the Lord....I thank him for my car......it allows me 2 get it work.....ty for my job.....it pays my bills.....without my job I couldn't have the job letter that immigration wanted.....oh yes ty......ty for my husband and my kids......they r my foundation....and the devil can never destroy that....he may try....he may try to conquer and destroy but my God.....my God has me planted and embedded in good soil....no weapon that is formed against me shall ever prosper......my testimony is that I was once of the world but I now know who my God is....he is who I will always worship......he's royality.......my Jesus Christ.....every1 have a wonderful day and the power of the Lord b with all of us this week.....there's power in the name Jesus......say it LOUD Jesus.....

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love the thanks anf praises this morning blessed sunday to one and all hope everyone enjoyed the weekend caz its back to work for kgn tomorrow n i know good news will be flowing soon maddants keep the faith trust ull be ere soon my girl ready so so hppy for u bless up all the newbies and blessings to everyone else Naji i love that word u placed keep the faith n kgn cummn onn. Nexxxt

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
ready_fi_move_on said:
Ok chickie on that I don't agree with u cause based on my history with cic ....I was glad to have my file out of there hands lol...but I get what u saying still
well at least they updated the ecas i mean and u could at least call and talk to some one lol

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Just poking my head in to say hi to everyone. Tomorrow is Monday again and brand new week!!

Those who are in the GTA, stay warm and drive safely. We have freezing rain tonight. No fun as I still have my summers on however called my tire guy earlier and he will be promptly making his way over tomorrow to put on the winters. Am so last minute when it comes to these types of things. Car maintenance can be such a pain this time of year.

Am curious, when eCas changes from in process to decision made, is the approval/dissaproval letter sent to the applicant by way of email or snail mail? When a passport is requested, does it always mean an approval or could it be that the officer is looking to examine it as part of the background check?

I saw a thread here today/yesterday alluding to these same questions.

najj

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2012 (2nd time)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Halfmoon said:
Just poking my head in to say hi to everyone. Tomorrow is Monday again and brand new week!!

Those who are in the GTA, stay warm and drive safely. We have freezing rain tonight. No fun as I still have my summers on however called my tire guy earlier and he will be promptly making his way over tomorrow to put on the winters. Am so last minute when it comes to these types of things. Car maintenance can be such a pain this time of year.

Am curious, when eCas changes from in process to decision made, is the approval/dissaproval letter sent to the applicant by way of email or snail mail? When a passport is requested, does it always mean an approval or could it be that the officer is looking to examine it as part of the background check?

When I got denied on the 1st app....everything came back registered from cic......when I got approved it came via email.....suh dem sey....never got it.....but there is 2 sides on ecas.....left side is for cic in canada.....right side is KGN......so canada will say a decision is made and a letter has been sent.....KGN will say in process.....but when they have a decision it should change to decision made

Jamgirl u have been on my mind.....last nite and 2day on and off....hope u r good....

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Hmmm I'm getting a bit nervous now naw lie with seeing decision made and no call to pick up pp plus dhl tracking still showing no movement...hopefully this week coming we all gonna get some great news...praying extra hard for some christmas miracles ....Nite all

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
najj said:
When I got denied on the 1st app....everything came back registered from cic......when I got approved it came via email.....suh dem sey....never got it.....but there is 2 sides on ecas.....left side is for cic in canada.....right side is KGN......so canada will say a decision is made and a letter has been sent.....KGN will say in process.....but when they have a decision it should change to decision made
Thanks for sharing your experience Najj. I'm referring to the PR applicant portion. Once a decision is made by CIC, you would essentially know the outcome only once you've received a letter advising of the decision whether approved for PR or not approved with the option of appealing. I posted this same question in another thread so Imma see the feedback.

najj

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2012 (2nd time)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Halfmoon said:
Thanks for sharing your experience Najj. I'm referring to the PR applicant portion. Once a decision is made by CIC, you would essentially know the outcome only once you've received a letter advising of the decision whether approved for PR or not approved with the option of appealing. I posted this same question in another thread so Imma see the feedback.
Oh ok

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Halfmoon said:

The answer to both questions, in general and specifically with respect to KG, is "it depends".

In the first instance, KG has hardly been in the habit of using email since I've been around, but I am hopeful that recent signs of email use means they may be making more use of it in days to come. They have tended more to snail mail and telephone calls to communicate with applicants in the time since I have been coming here since 2010.

A passport request for KG is most often a sign of approval and that most checks have been concluded. This is not to say they will do nothing with the passport except insert the visa, for example they might check for evidence of recent travel which may warrant further investigation, or check for stamps from other embassies which may prompt additional questions regarding the applicant's information. Passports may also be examined for genuineness, to confirm that the person submitting the passport is the rightful holder of that particular passport.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
CharlieD10 said:
The answer to both questions, in general and specifically with respect to KG, is "it depends".

In the first instance, KG has hardly been in the habit of using email since I've been around, but I am hopeful that recent signs of email use means they may be making more use of it in days to come. They have tended more to snail mail and telephone calls to communicate with applicants in the time since I have been coming here since 2010.

A passport request for KG is most often a sign of approval and that most checks have been concluded. This is not to say they will do nothing with the passport except insert the visa, for example they might check for evidence of recent travel which may warrant further investigation, or check for stamps from other embassies which may prompt additional questions regarding the applicant's information. Passports may also be examined for genuineness, to confirm that the person submitting the passport is the rightful holder of that particular passport.

Adding to your note, could also include them crosschecking that all travel dates (if any) align/coincide with the info/dates indicated in the background history form. Correct?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Halfmoon said:
Adding to your note, could also include them crosschecking that all travel dates (if any) align/coincide with the info/dates indicated in the background history form. Correct?
Correct.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
K found it! Here was the question:

jam22 said:
I just wanted to ask a question to anyone who might have better knowledge more than myself about how Trinidad embassy and how they may work. So I am filing for my husband to come to Canada. I am a Canadian citizen and he is a Trinidad citizen and we are in the final stages of our application. He received an email last week to come and give in his passport because he met the selection requirements and I received a letter to pay the RPRF and I couldn't be happier at that point knowing things were going on track and that everything is almost finalized. He went the following day to hand in his passport to the embassy. Literally the next day they emailed him and stated that their was a issue with the Schedule A background sheet and that his dates of employment had a lot of gaps and that he didn't state employment from 18-current. So he made a few changes and realized that their were some errors in the dates that he gave in originally. I helped my husband fix the dates so that were were correct without any gaps. Also he attached a letter of the changes and why they he made the specific changes, and he emailed it back to them just as they requested. But am just worried that they may think that he may have given false information and it has been killing me because they have not responded as yet and its stressing me out to point where I can't even sleep. So i just need some advice on if they can deny him for his mistake, especially a really small mistake at that. Can someone may enlighten me or give me some advice concerning my situation and if I maybe just over thinking it??

kmah

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Hello to everyone, hoping someone hears some good news this week. Spent last week in JA, fiance was very sick, so I flew down to be with him....was awesome seeing him, hard leaving him, but every trip there is 1 trip closer to being with him! Quick question....does anyone know how long it takes to get the marriage certificate from JA that needs to be filed with the application? Since we are not having a wedding until May, my trip to get married in March will be fairly quick and I am hoping that I will have what I need when I come home to file the application as soon as I get home!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
kmah said:
Hello to everyone, hoping someone hears some good news this week. Spent last week in JA, fiance was very sick, so I flew down to be with him....was awesome seeing him, hard leaving him, but every trip there is 1 trip closer to being with him! Quick question....does anyone know how long it takes to get the marriage certificate from JA that needs to be filed with the application? Since we are not having a wedding until May, my trip to get married in March will be fairly quick and I am hoping that I will have what I need when I come home to file the application as soon as I get home!
I hope your hubby is feeling better. I was married at a resort in Negril and they took care of all of the paperwork and it took six weeks from our wedding date for the marriage certificate to end up in my hands in Canada. I would have sent my application to Mississagua in January except I had to wait until March when I received the marriage certificate.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
kmah said:
Hi Kmah! That's really awesome that you were able to see your sweetheart. My hubbie's pastor who performed our ceremony in JA had the certificates back in our hands really quick within 2 weeks of our wedding.