+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
AliCatShaw said:
Thnx Charlie!!! It's a beautiful colour!!!

Sooooo...ask me if I slept at all last night!!! Got a caffeine drip goin right now. Been checking flights for the month of June...but I'm gonna sit tight till he picks up 'whatever it is he's to pick up'... :eek:

Have GREAT day my frenzzzzzzzz!!!
GOOD LUCK :D

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
Morning all!!

have a question: how long after receiving a Visa / PR status, does one have to make a move to Canada....surely there must be an expiration date?

For example: hubby gets visa, can he come up 6 months, or even a year later, as oppose to immediately?

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
jamaicansgirl said:
Hi Anada. My husband stayed in Canada throughout the whole process and they never did a RCMP check on him. Maybe they don't do one for everyone.
i hear that. Everything can always vary from case to case.

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
Kingston QUIET today ;)

...as for my initial question: apparently, after being issued PR, one has to show proof of CAD address within 180 days...hmmm.

either way not too worried...if not by one way of means...then by another.

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Anada, I thought you had to leave JA before the medicals expire? unless you can renew your medicals again after they expire and you have already recieved your visa and are still in JA??

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
The visa is issued up to the day the medicals expire, as Suki said. Your husband HAS to leave before that date or everything starts over again. Thats why some ppl leave right away, because it is about to expire. My husband had until Oct/26 to leave which in his case was 6 months mash after the visa was issued.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
jamaicansgirl said:
Hi Anada. My husband stayed in Canada throughout the whole process and they never did a RCMP check on him. Maybe they don't do one for everyone.
Any country a person stays in for MORE than 6 months, they DO a police check. So if he was here in Canada for more than 6 months they will do an rcmp check, which they do themselves.

NEIKA

Star Member
Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
15-07-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
02-03-2013
Morning All, Happy Hump day, hope everyone has a fantastic day

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Mrslwsn said:
Any country a person stays in for MORE than 6 months, they DO a police check. So if he was here in Canada for more than 6 months they will do an rcmp check, which they do themselves.
Maybe my hubby slipped through cause he was here the whole 5 years it took for his file to get approved and they didn't do a RCMP check on him nor request one to be done. Or possible did one and we just never knew about it ;)

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Hey guys. My husbands step mom (our step daughter lives with her and my husbands dad) got a call from Kingston yesterday saying that they need a hand written letter from my SD's mom with her signature and copy of passport attached, and it had to be notorized by JP. Whats confusing me is that we already send this in, it was a concent form my lawyer got off the website and my SD's mom signed and had it notorized. Why would they want another one? Maybe cause it was not written by her? Do you guys think that this means the process is almost over and she may soon get through? We have the mother working on the letter so we can get it to them asap.

AMANDAWOOD

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec-15-2011
Med's Done....
sent with orignal appliction
Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
GOOD MORNING FORUM FAMILY AND HAPPY HUMP DAY
Wow can you believe it's almost june already shit where did the time go
@Jamiacansgirl I would not worry about the request KGN too much when my application was going through we got the same request for us it was a bit more difficult because they wanted it from the mother is not to sound harsh a total (B*****) ,sorry i strayed a bit there and not going to bash someone who is not her self .... going back to my point sorry .... once we got all the info to them and my file only took 5 months to complete ....

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
AMANDAWOOD said:
GOOD MORNING FORUM FAMILY AND HAPPY HUMP DAY
Wow can you believe it's almost june already *censored word* where did the time go
@ Jamiacansgirl I would not worry about the request KGN too much when my application was going through we got the same request for us it was a bit more difficult because they wanted it from the mother is not to sound harsh a total (B*****) ,sorry i strayed a bit there and not going to bash someone who is not her self .... going back to my point sorry .... once we got all the info to them and my file only took 5 months to complete ....
I can totally relate. I'm dealing with the same kind of (B****) LOL

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
Hello Everyone.. LONGTIME!!!!

I had peeped in from time to time to see the updates, and read the Ol' familars posts, many new faces and many new stories, it's been lovely to read up on everyone's immigrations adventures! LOL
So glad to seen Charlie is on her way home.. very exciting!! 30 days ntice, your too kind! Cant wait to hear about he landing story! It's been roughly 8 months since our family was united, and let me tell you its also an adventure. We have be very blessed as Hussy had a job basically the monday afetr he arrived amd he has realy enjoyed the work, he begins his appreticship in Welding in the fall, and is qute happy about the possiblities. I started a new job and the univeristy and have been crazy busy as well, my daughter is graduating from high school and also makes life rather hectic. We travel to northern Alberta quite regualrly to see family, he loves it in the country cabins fishing boasting, golfing, Ive discovered i married a real "redneck" obsessed with shows like duck dynasty, swamp people, hunting, farming, beer drinking, my brother in law, and few of my close cousins have really become quite close to him, and its great to see how well he has just blended in to the famjam! That is the biggest relief i think, knowing that the family has bonded with the new person in your life, we all know that deep inside, even if they said they were supportive, had worries, or questions, and i cant tell you how often now people come up to me and him and tell us how wonderful it is, and how relieved they are to finally see him and us together. Unlike many, he hadnt met ANY of my family aside from my daughter before he came, so you can imagine the worry. But we have put all that aside and have a huge cheerleading team, wanting us to succeed, and giving us best wishes! SO LOVELY!!! Summer is approuching and hussy loves the watching the dead come alive, it was a LONG winter in Edmonton, we were kinda luck only a few _40 days but still... LONG , my advice when your loved one arrives, stck up on VIT D, B complex, and a good multi, the seasons give us an ass kicking imagine what is happening to their body.. i give hussy 5000-6000 vit d drops a day.. YES seriously do it people, it makes a big differnece in energy mood and health. The biggest news is we are expecting, our Due date is October 23rd, we are sooooo excited, i have been sick as hell.. omg.. so friggen sick.. but seem to be feeling a bit better as of late, at least no puking and retching at every moment. the JOYS!!!
I just want to wish all of your the best in this journey, try to stay positive, my only advice is, that IT WILL BE HARD, there will be days, weeks where you wonder WHO IS THIS PERSON!! what have I done, there will be fights, down out wars, threats of moving back, heart ache, and worry, .. IT is NORMAL... this is no cake walk they are grieving their home, family friends, you are grieving your indeendence, its a huge transition, all you can do is trust the experience, and pray that all will work out. Stay motivated and do your best to communicate. marriage is a wonderful and HARD ! lol Take care.. good luck to all waiting, may your road be a few less Km than the person before you!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey everyone! Poking my head in for another quick look!

Hi Irving! :) Congratulations and jubilations on the expected new arrival! Man, we have so many of those this year, it's fantastic. So great to see couples flourish and grow together once this phase is over! It is one of the best parts of following this forum, seeing the couples that wait so patiently get on with their lives together!

Hubby just sent me a few pictures, he has added the crowning touch to all his work on the house in preparation for my arrival: a 21-foot flagpole in the yard, with the Canadian and Jamaican flags flying proud and high together. :D I told him that's great, because now I will know which yard is mine, no matter what I cannot get lost, haha!

I am hanging out on the beach for a couple hours, then back home! I will check in again soon, hopefully before the landing story, if not, well, see you all then! ;)