+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

jodyj21

Apr 13, 2018
Have you heard anything from your courier? You sent yours the same time we did and my husband @Mossar just received his passport from Tara.
No.....we're fighting a new battle now. :mad: Everything was approved in March but we weren't given the COPR since it was issued the day before everything closed down. We found out in July (after our MP's office inquired) that the PPR and COPR were issued in March (we never received COPR docs and the PPR was sent via email to my husband only with no update of ecas or mycic and he missed seeing the email) and once learning this, he immediately sent his passport in. A few weeks after, we received a letter that more docs are now being requested. I emailed the MP's office and eventually an agent called me from Kingston. Apparently, our file was "closed" by their office when the approval was issued. When they received the passport, they 'reopened' the file, which then prompted our medicals as expired (they would have expired in June). They were able to apply an extension to the medicals, but my stepdaughter turned 18 after the original approval, so now they are wanting a Police Cert for her, along with 2 more IMM forms. I since then sent 2 emails and 3 webforms asking for an override on that requirement since the approval was already issued, but am receiving no answers. She's non-accompanying and we haven't applied for her yet, so I don't understand why this can't be overridden, since we'll have to get her to do those forms when we apply for her docs later anyway! We are so frustrated!

• Sad
Reactions: Possom22

Possom22

Jul 22, 2020
No.....we're fighting a new battle now. :mad: Everything was approved in March but we weren't given the COPR since it was issued the day before everything closed down. We found out in July (after our MP's office inquired) that the PPR and COPR were issued in March (we never received COPR docs and the PPR was sent via email to my husband only with no update of ecas or mycic and he missed seeing the email) and once learning this, he immediately sent his passport in. A few weeks after, we received a letter that more docs are now being requested. I emailed the MP's office and eventually an agent called me from Kingston. Apparently, our file was "closed" by their office when the approval was issued. When they received the passport, they 'reopened' the file, which then prompted our medicals as expired (they would have expired in June). They were able to apply an extension to the medicals, but my stepdaughter turned 18 after the original approval, so now they are wanting a Police Cert for her, along with 2 more IMM forms. I since then sent 2 emails and 3 webforms asking for an override on that requirement since the approval was already issued, but am receiving no answers. She's non-accompanying and we haven't applied for her yet, so I don't understand why this can't be overridden, since we'll have to get her to do those forms when we apply for her docs later anyway! We are so frustrated!
Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that you have to be going through all this unnecessary back and forth with them. Praying that since they are working more in October that everything will still get worked out before the end of the month ❤

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
My step daughter turn 18 as well, my hubby medical as experied, so as his police record and everything we are may 2019. Am thinking of having him and my step daughter redo police record just to be safe, I saw on GCkey that no medical is required the first one was expired in August 2020. I just want this all to be over

DreJam

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hello, When contacting your MP for assiatance is there a process I need to follow? e.g papers to sign etc?

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hello, When contacting your MP for assiatance is there a process I need to follow? e.g papers to sign etc?
Yes they do, mine ask for AOR, authorization to access the file, drivers license and run down of the immigration file, not sure if it's the same with everyone

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Glad I could be of assistance. Fingers crossed
OMG!!!! We sent the email through the webform as instructed to Kingston and today we got email with further instruction on what to send to complete his immigration...
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence. We require the following documents to enable us to finalize your application:
 Passport/Travel Document: your original valid passport or travel document.
 Prepaid courier: a prepaid courier airway bill so that your documents can be returned to you.
 If not already provided, two (2) photos of yourself and each accompanying family member respecting
precise specifications that can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-photos.asp
 Copy of this letter
They are not requesting him to redo his police certificate or medical which are both expired. My guess is because he was approved before either expired. They also are not requesting any original marriage or birth certificate. Tomorrow we will send the requested documents through DHL and let everyone know how long it takes to get passport back. Best Thanksgiving ever!

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
I did not have to sign anything or send them anything except all my husbands immigration information through an email so they could look into it...today we just got the passport request. Without the MP we would likely still be waiting for information on a Visa that was approved in March 2020. I’m just glad we have reach the passport requesting stage finally

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
OMG!!!! We sent the email through the webform as instructed to Kingston and today we got email with further instruction on what to send to complete his immigration...
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence. We require the following documents to enable us to finalize your application:
 Passport/Travel Document: your original valid passport or travel document.
 Prepaid courier: a prepaid courier airway bill so that your documents can be returned to you.
 If not already provided, two (2) photos of yourself and each accompanying family member respecting
precise specifications that can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-photos.asp
 Copy of this letter
They are not requesting him to redo his police certificate or medical which are both expired. My guess is because he was approved before either expired. They also are not requesting any original marriage or birth certificate. Tomorrow we will send the requested documents through DHL and let everyone know how long it takes to get passport back. Best Thanksgiving ever!
Yay! So glad I could help you get the message to the right place. You made my day and it isn't even me lol. This is great news for everyone here. At least they're cleaning up house. On to the other pending files after. Congrats again Hun :)

Reactions: Tya and TROD94

jodyj21

Apr 13, 2018
My step daughter turn 18 as well, my hubby medical as experied, so as his police record and everything we are may 2019. Am thinking of having him and my step daughter redo police record just to be safe, I saw on GCkey that no medical is required the first one was expired in August 2020. I just want this all to be over
When I looked on GCkey today, it looks like they granted an extension on my Husband's Police Cert, because it will expire next month (and it's the second one he's had to do because of the length of the process!) I just wish we could get through to talk to a real person instead of sending webform where you don't even know if someone has seen it!

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Yay! So glad I could help you get the message to the right place. You made my day and it isn't even me lol. This is great news for everyone here. At least they're cleaning up house. On to the other pending files after. Congrats again Hun :)
Thanks so much...if your past your timeline anyone...contact your local MP because without them we would still be searching for answers. They are there to help and because they are government they can get answers.

• Love
Reactions: DiiDii

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
When I looked on GCkey today, it looks like they granted an extension on my Husband's Police Cert, because it will expire next month (and it's the second one he's had to do because of the length of the process!) I just wish we could get through to talk to a real person instead of sending webform where you don't even know if someone has seen it!
We applied in April 2019 and they are not requesting anything to be redone even though his police certificate expired in March/20 and medicals in July/20. I feel they may be a little more forgiving due to Covid and to get some of these files cleaned up