+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

kinda fustrated and surprised...

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassu2 said:
well if the govt wants only mm/yyyy and not dd/mm/yyyy. its no fraud, my current job, i joined on 15th march.. i m gonna mention march as starting month, irrespctive how many days its calculated as.. offcourse they r gonna hav my other documents to chk this thru. so theres no fraud.. its the way CIC likes to calculate.. simple..
Well you are leaving at yourself at the VO's discretion. Get a processing officer who feels like being lenient and no problems, get a processing officer who goes by the strict 'letter of the law' and you get an immediate rejection.

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

the Invitation to Apply (ITA) was issued; or
the e-APR was received by CIC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

at the time of the ITA or e-APR, the applicant did not or does not meet the MEC, which includes the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply; or
the applicant’s recalculated CRS score has fallen below that of the lowest-ranked candidate invited to apply in that round of invitations.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Well you are leaving at yourself at the VO's discretion. Get a processing officer who feels like being lenient and no problems, get a processing officer who goes by the strict 'letter of the law' and you get an immediate rejection.

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

the Invitation to Apply (ITA) was issued; or
the e-APR was received by CIC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

at the time of the ITA or e-APR, the applicant did not or does not meet the MEC, which includes the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply; or
the applicant’s recalculated CRS score has fallen below that of the lowest-ranked candidate invited to apply in that round of invitations.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp
But who knows how these grey area mistakes happen hey? No room for error at all....

People do their absolute best to get it right, no one is submitting and paying all of that money with the knowledge that they submitted an application with errors in it.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a further FYI, in the pre-EE world under the manual 'snail mail' paper based FSW applications, people are known for having been rejected because at the time they submitted their information they were short of a year by 1-2 days.

there may be room for discretion, but isn't it better to approach this as if the strictest VO will be processing your application?

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
I was in confused state, i have exact 1 year f canadian experience but i m nt claiming points for it bcoz three weeks i was out f canada and worked form home country though i was pid for it. But i heard u have to b present physically in canada within 12 months, doest matter just for few days u were out f canada nd u got paid. Bcoz of this grey area confusion i am not apppling in EE, i had 451 points, but have deleted my profile because it will b waste f ITA, like even if i create profile with three weeks short or one month short i will get same points. Helpless.

matt04

Jan 7, 2016
Hello guys,

does anybody have an idea why the "eligibility tool for express entry" says I'm not eligible despite having;

1. at least 12 months continuous full-time job (45 hours/week)

2. IELTS *S-7.5, W-7, L-8, R-7

3. NOC A- Bsc equivalent (WES)

4. age-28

5. single applicant

6. fund option between $11200-14000

7. self EE calculation- 407, FSW- 70/100

In addition, it says I was eligible in the past but my EE profile (5 times) was never eligible.

I hope sooner or later someone will be able to provide an insight to this issue. thanks

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The minimum funds for a single applicant is $12164 so that might be your issue. Try increasing and see how you go.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
jassu2 said:
this can definitely be listed to frustration.. but i am also surprised at the number of ppl who make mistakes while creating an account.

I mean how can someone make a mistake of their DOB, DOJ a job or graduation.. or something or the other for spouse.. I mean its just crazy to think that i would be so blind as to make such a mistake and not catch it when i re look my data for accuracy.. i am an accountant so maybe tat is the reason i m shocked at ppl.. I knw off ppl who add up few bills with calculator and make mistakes even in that.. their brain just shock the *censored word* out of me...

I have heard of so many cases where ITA was declined.. if i realize i have the possibility of getting ITA even after 3-4 months, i would immediately work on my job experience letters... and atleast get the proof of funds thing in line, how hard is tat part, y do ppl remember only at the last moment that he can ask his dad to give him CAD 12000 on last moment, cant you ask that 6 months priror to save on personal anxiety issues.. and frustration frm other members..

if you are above 450, you can expect to receive ITA any time, therefore you all shld have your documents in order.. my logical mind says that if i m gonna worry abt job letters or funds at 11th hour.. i m screwed in my organizing skills..

offcourse police clearance is another thing, but then CIC gives u extra time for such stuff, so shldnt be a prob..

I guess CIC shld give more time to collect document for ppl who cant get their act together.. like maybe 3 months or so.. and if a person rejects ITA 2 times.. he shld be put in a cooling period for 6 months or so, bcoz hes wasting his own time, CIC time and slots for other applicants..

guess enough off ranting for today.. but I m still surprised at how ppl work..
Well, it is not easy to judge! In my case, I took IELTS in summer to get CLB 9 in all four skills and increase my score from 401 to 453 or even more!
I got clb 9 in all skills but writing(6.5), which was surprising and unfortunate because I had gotten 7 in writing one year before and my writing skills had definitely improved since then!!!! (IELTS is not a perfect test, huh?)

Then I retook it in November and got clb 9 in all but listening( 7.5 instead of 8 ) :'( Which was again unfortunate because my listening score was 9!!!!! in summer!!! :-X :-X :-X
I took it again in December and I was kinda preparing myself to retake it in January because I knew I had always been unfortunate with IELTS, I received my score and got surprised >>> L8.5 R9 S7.5 W7.5!!!!
I updated my profile, my score increased to 465 from 401 and received ITA in just two hours!!! So it is obvious that I was not prepared and ready to submit documents.
I am an organized person and educated enough but I miss things sometimes. We all have other things in life to take care of and worry about.

Besides, I think this system (EE) is not as efficient as it could get in a couple of years from now! The requirements are sometimes not clear enough and mislead some applicants.
Regarding PoF, again, some people don't know if they are going to get invited or not. So they spend their savings and then end up getting an ITA.
These things happen in life and they are difficult to predict or avoid.

All the best.

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
jassu2 said:
this can definitely be listed to frustration.. but i am also surprised at the number of ppl who make mistakes while creating an account.

I mean how can someone make a mistake of their DOB, DOJ a job or graduation.. or something or the other for spouse.. I mean its just crazy to think that i would be so blind as to make such a mistake and not catch it when i re look my data for accuracy.. i am an accountant so maybe tat is the reason i m shocked at ppl.. I knw off ppl who add up few bills with calculator and make mistakes even in that.. their brain just shock the *censored word* out of me...

I have heard of so many cases where ITA was declined.. if i realize i have the possibility of getting ITA even after 3-4 months, i would immediately work on my job experience letters... and atleast get the proof of funds thing in line, how hard is tat part, y do ppl remember only at the last moment that he can ask his dad to give him CAD 12000 on last moment, cant you ask that 6 months priror to save on personal anxiety issues.. and frustration frm other members..

if you are above 450, you can expect to receive ITA any time, therefore you all shld have your documents in order.. my logical mind says that if i m gonna worry abt job letters or funds at 11th hour.. i m screwed in my organizing skills..

offcourse police clearance is another thing, but then CIC gives u extra time for such stuff, so shldnt be a prob..

I guess CIC shld give more time to collect document for ppl who cant get their act together.. like maybe 3 months or so.. and if a person rejects ITA 2 times.. he shld be put in a cooling period for 6 months or so, bcoz hes wasting his own time, CIC time and slots for other applicants..

OK.

People make mistakes and if they realized that they were making mistakes, "MISTAKES" wouldn't happen, would it?

You have no clue what other people are going through, and to you, maybe making mistakes on their DOB and other simple thing might not make sense, but who the hell are you to judge?

Maybe you being an accountant has to do with your writing abilities as I can't stand to read your thread due to amount of mistakes you made on your spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

If you are that perfect and do not need anyone's advice or help OR simple going to b.itch about people who you think make stupid mistakes, then you can GTFO.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassu2 said:

I think this is a rather harsh and ignorant statement to make.

CIC requires hell of a lot of paperwork and is impossible to complete in one sitting. So much that I started considering another country at some point. Not to mention the buggy IT system they have that gives random errors or deletes the whole form at times and you have to fill out again.

And people have strengths and weaknesses. Some people are very good at attention to detail others have other strengths.

Not to say that it really does get confusing. Like asking for dates without specifying details. E.g. for travel dates, is it departure or destination arrival date? You get the point.

Moreover, even CIC is not that detail-oriented. We have seen quite a few rejections due to mistakes or inattentiveness of CIC agents.

Add to that what each one of us could be going through and you get what you see.
At the end of the day, everyone (believe me, even yourself) is at risk to make such mistakes.

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iwasjeff said:
OK.

People make mistakes and if they realized that they were making mistakes, "MISTAKES" wouldn't happen, would it?

You have no clue what other people are going through, and to you, maybe making mistakes on their DOB and other simple thing might not make sense, but who the hell are you to judge?

Maybe you being an accountant has to do with your writing abilities as I can't stand to read your thread due to amount of mistakes you made on your spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

If you are that perfect and do not need anyone's advice or help OR simple going to b.itch about people who you think make stupid mistakes, then you can GTFO.
dude.. accountants have nothin to do with writing.. infact all they do is numbers.. anyways there nthin to write while creating a profile either.. no ones askin u to write life stories.. its abt a persons history.. if u dont knw that.. then its hard tough life..
and this is net.. ppl use lingo.. short keys etc... do u really expect me to type the entire word out here..

offcourse i need advice.. i m not perfect.. but atleast i dont screw up on the most simple of all details.. thats the difference.. if you didnt read my rant.. it was all abt ppl making stupid mistakes..

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaistheway said:
I think this is a rather harsh and ignorant statement to make.

CIC requires hell of a lot of paperwork and is impossible to complete in one sitting. So much that I started considering another country at some point. Not to mention the buggy IT system they have that gives random errors or deletes the whole form at times and you have to fill out again.

And people have strengths and weaknesses. Some people are very good at attention to detail others have other strengths.

Not to say that it really does get confusing. Like asking for dates without specifying details. E.g. for travel dates, is it departure or destination arrival date? You get the point.

Moreover, even CIC is not that detail-oriented. We have seen quite a few rejections due to mistakes or inattentiveness of CIC agents.

Add to that what each one of us could be going through and you get what you see.
At the end of the day, everyone (believe me, even yourself) is at risk to make such mistakes.
it took me too more than 1 sitting too.. but i tried to make sure i dont create mistakes..
i agree with u to certain extend.. but the number of errors r just too many.. its has someone in this thread mention.. ppl r being very careless bcoz they knw theres no penality for being wrong.. but at the same time.. think of the amount of time wasted for everyone involved.. including that particular person themselve.

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Han said:
Well, it is not easy to judge! In my case, I took IELTS in summer to get CLB 9 in all four skills and increase my score from 401 to 453 or even more!
I got clb 9 in all skills but writing(6.5), which was surprising and unfortunate because I had gotten 7 in writing one year before and my writing skills had definitely improved since then!!!! (IELTS is not a perfect test, huh?)

Then I retook it in November and got clb 9 in all but listening( 7.5 instead of 8 ) :'( Which was again unfortunate because my listening score was 9!!!!! in summer!!! :-X :-X :-X
I took it again in December and I was kinda preparing myself to retake it in January because I knew I had always been unfortunate with IELTS, I received my score and got surprised >>> L8.5 R9 S7.5 W7.5!!!!
I updated my profile, my score increased to 465 from 401 and received ITA in just two hours!!! So it is obvious that I was not prepared and ready to submit documents.
I am an organized person and educated enough but I miss things sometimes. We all have other things in life to take care of and worry about.

Besides, I think this system (EE) is not as efficient as it could get in a couple of years from now! The requirements are sometimes not clear enough and mislead some applicants.
Regarding PoF, again, some people don't know if they are going to get invited or not. So they spend their savings and then end up getting an ITA.
These things happen in life and they are difficult to predict or avoid.

All the best.
well i hav gotten 426 points.. ones the point falls under 450 for 1st time.. i ll immediately prepare all my papers in proper manner.. even if i dont get ITA for a year.. bcoz then i ll hav hope that they can fall further..

another thing.. cases like urs arent so many.. ** i guess that..

**tough luck.. u having to give it so many times... but best of luck to u too..

matt04

Jan 7, 2016
ozlis said:
The minimum funds for a single applicant is $12164 so that might be your issue. Try increasing and see how you go.
Thank you. however, the "come to canada tool" only provide a range and not exact value which was why i chose that and more so, I've used an higher range and it's still the same result of not being eligible. do you think I should just create another profile after the 5th trial? Also, can I include my current program in canada in other to claim 2 post secondary?

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
jassu2 said:
well i hav gotten 426 points.. ones the point falls under 450 for 1st time.. i ll immediately prepare all my papers in proper manner.. even if i dont get ITA for a year.. bcoz then i ll hav hope that they can fall further..

another thing.. cases like urs arent so many.. ** i guess that..

**tough luck.. u having to give it so many times... but best of luck to u too..
Keep in mind that some of them won't be good after 1 year, like Police certificate, proof of funds, medicals.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
You know what the problem is with the people like OP in this thread is, they just have too much time to spare.

Listen @jassu2, I tried to avoid mistakes in my application too, I took sometime to review everything before clicking that submit button. Ta-da there was my ITA in next 5days, but then noticed that I had entered one number just one number wrong in my application, had to rightfully deny it. Things like these do happen every day to every one, no one can deny it. I work 19 hours a day, travel 1 hour and get sleep for just 4 hours!!!

There are so many people like me who work their a** off to pay bills / make a decent living or provide for their family, for them those 4 hours are only left to do these paper work. So don't judge people unless you are in their shoes. You never know what people are going through to get these things done.

I would be happy if someone could close this thread right here and let's just carry on with helping people. After all, that is why we have this amazing forum in place and not to shame people.