+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Does anyone who applied in June have lot of travel history? I have travelled often to US. Once a month or so(not a lot but significant) . Did you get any additional request like whole passport scan or proof for residency etc or was your LPP done without any additional documents? I applied with a decent buffer of 50 days for physical presence ( just in case i missed any travel entry, although highly unlikely as i used i-94 records). I recently renewed PR without any issue. But for PR residency is only 2 years out of 5 compared to 3 for citizenship. Thanks

Reactions: coolak2007

trajectory@3

Jun 29, 2021
Does anyone who applied in June have lot of travel history? I have travelled often to US. Once a month or so(not a lot but significant) . Did you get any additional request like whole passport scan or proof for residency etc or was your LPP done without any additional documents? I applied with a decent buffer of 50 days for physical presence ( just in case i missed any travel entry, although highly unlikely as i used i-94 records). I recently renewed PR without any issue. But for PR residency is only 2 years out of 5 compared to 3 for citizenship. Thanks
This maybe a new thing. US does not stamp passports anymore (even when they issue a fresh i94) at the border. Not sure how one can provide travel evidence to US by scanning the passport. I believe the travel to Asia, Africa and Latin America can be verified by reviewing the passport stamps. For US - the only reliable document would be the i94’s.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
This maybe a new thing. US does not stamp passports anymore (even when they issue a fresh i94) at the border. Not sure how one can provide travel evidence to US by scanning the passport. I believe the travel to Asia, Africa and Latin America can be verified by reviewing the passport stamps. For US - the only reliable document would be the i94’s.
True. I dont remember if there was a stamp in mexico either. They attached a sheet to passport, then collected it while leaving. Nevermind, i checked old passport, they did stamp entry.

samn89371

Aug 26, 2024
I travelled to US biweekly almost for 2 years for work. Used I-94 as main reference. Just a FYI, I was worried about time zone differences as I-94 exit dates are mostly dependent on airlines and CBSA giving the information which is the departure time (acc to US gov website). So, if you had landed in Canada after 21:00 PST, it slightly starts to be a worrying factor.

Based on my experience with I-94 logs, I-94 had previous date while I landed in Canada after 00:00. And also the fact IRCC has EST records while I love in PST, I had to account for these facts as well. But for me LPP is in progress and I haven't received all pages passport request.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I travelled to US biweekly almost for 2 years for work. Used I-94 as main reference. Just a FYI, I was worried about time zone differences as I-94 exit dates are mostly dependent on airlines and CBSA giving the information which is the departure time (acc to US gov website). So, if you had landed in Canada after 21:00 PST, it slightly starts to be a worrying factor.

Based on my experience with I-94 logs, I-94 had previous date while I landed in Canada after 00:00. And also the fact IRCC has EST records while I love in PST, I had to account for these facts as well. But for me LPP is in progress and I haven't received all pages passport request.
Thanks. I live in EST and travel to EST location and dont remember coming late at night-will check old flights. I mostly drive, and have entered during day. Hopefully our files get approved soon. I only sent biographic pages with citizenship application. Some people have pro actively sent whole passport copy.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Where is the fastest place to give fingerprints and also do i need a letter because i did not receive one.
You need to wait for the letter to give the fingerprints, hopefully you'll get it by today evening.

All offices transmit the prints to RCMP electronically right away so there is no difference in speed amongst them. Please use this link to find the nearest one. You can also do at your local RCMP detachment if they do it in your city, but the speed will still be the same.

https://rcmp.ca/en/criminal-records/criminal-record-checks/private-fingerprinting-companies-accredited-rcmp

Gsingh123$

Mar 23, 2023
Applied in June.
Total days deducted for not physically present were 242 which included around 14 trips to US and 5-7 to other countries.
BG in process
LPP not started
No Fingerprints/ Interview requests at this time.
But I did send all pages of passport through webform without them asking.

Gsingh123$

Mar 23, 2023
I have a question regarding tracker updates. The tracker only updates at midnight or it can update during the day in IRCC’s regular business hours?
What I mean is, is it even worth checking tracker for updates during the day around noon or if anything updates it will reflect only after midnight?

Reactions: DSL2011

J13

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Kitchener / Waterloo Areas
Go to Frontier One -
Unit 210 - 871 Victoria St N,
Kitchener, ON
You can either book your appointment for same day or can walk in. No rush at all, smooth process finishes in 5-10 mins. I gave mine at their other location in Mississauga.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I have a question regarding tracker updates. The tracker only updates at midnight or it can update during the day in IRCC’s regular business hours?
What I mean is, is it even worth checking tracker for updates during the day around noon or if anything updates it will reflect only after midnight?
Updates at 5AM EST. THis is what @hssrp had mentioned in another post
IRCC update --> Visible on tracker
Monday --> Wednesday
Tuesday --> Thursday
Wednesday --> Friday
Thursday --> Saturday
Friday --> Tuesday