+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Wanderer87

Oct 1, 2022
I applied June 18th and no update.
Last updated in the tracker is June 28th.
Location Toronto. and the Toronto June ones in the tracker have not progressed much.

Is it normal with other applicants that some files are processing quicker than others? I had also applied on June 23rd, Got AOR on July 2nd. Visible on tracker on 4th. But no update after that.

Reactions: hssrp

skonduru

Aug 17, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Based on current trends, you maybe able to complete your citizenship oath in time and get a passport by November unless there are complications in the application like exhaustive travel history, fingerprints request, security screening etc which makes it non-routine. Unfortunately, whatever you have explained isn't sufficient enough reason for urgent processing. Below is what the official documentation on urgent processing states:

We can only process citizenship applications urgently in exceptional cases, for example if you

• need Canadian citizenship to
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
  • need to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receive a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html
Can you throw some light on the exhaustive travel history? What is considered as exhaustive? If I travel 4 times a year for work to USA every year for the last 3 years, does that fall under exhaustive? Can it be a reason for delay in processing background and physical presence?

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
I applied June 18th and no update.
Last updated in the tracker is June 28th.
Location Toronto. and the Toronto June ones in the tracker have not progressed much.
Same. Applied on June 6, got AOR on June 12, last update June 18 and nothing since. It is was it is honestly, some files move faster than others for 0 reasons. My app is the most easy / straightforward ever (5 years of same address, same workplace, few travels and everything else just normal) so I think is just a matter of being lucky.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Can you throw some light on the exhaustive travel history? What is considered as exhaustive? If I travel 4 times a year for work to USA every year for the last 3 years, does that fall under exhaustive? Can it be a reason for delay in processing background and physical presence?
I would think this would be classified as a moderate-to-high travel history. The bigger problem with land crossings with US is there is no exit recorded by CBSA, they gather the info from USCBP and update the records. Many a times, people have reported that the exit records are missing in CBSA. In such cases it becomes difficult for IRCC to validate Physical presence and they ask for passport scans etc and in some cases call for an in-person interview to clear the Physical presence. It becomes more critical if your Physical presence days are close to the 1095 threshold wherein there is additional scrutiny.

Reactions: skonduru

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I would think this would be classified as a moderate-to-high travel history. The bigger problem with land crossings with US is there is no exit recorded by CBSA, they gather the info from USCBP and update the records. Many a times, people have reported that the exit records are missing in CBSA. In such cases it becomes difficult for IRCC to validate Physical presence and they ask for passport scans etc and in some cases call for an in-person interview to clear the Physical presence. It becomes more critical if your Physical presence days are close to the 1095 threshold wherein there is additional scrutiny.
4 times a year doesnt sound like a lot. Depending on how many days that person stayed. I travel every 1.5 month , and stay a few days on average. SO maybe 10 visits a year. 2020-2022 i did not travel much.

Reactions: skonduru
Jun 24, 2024
Edmonton
I'm not sure if it is considered a ghost update, but when I logged into the tracker, the last updated date at the top is now July 17. At the bottom, it says '1 new update,' but it's only showing 'Application filed - July 2.'

v587zzy

Oct 22, 2019
why is almost everyone here got AOR within a few weeks, I submitted mine at the beginning of June and no AOR as of now July 17.

LeahO

Aug 17, 2021
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1095
Application: Single
Application sent: June 4th
Delivered: June 4th
AOR: June 12th
Back ground complete: June 25th
Test invite: July 2nd
Test taken: July 12th