June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have rough estimate of time it takes between completion of test and getting oath date?

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1798
Application: Single
Application sent: June 12th
Delivered: June 12th
AOR: June 12th
Background verification completed: June 26th
Test invitation: July 3rd
Test taken: July 12th

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Does anyone have rough estimate of time it takes between completion of test and getting oath date?

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1798
Application: Single
Application sent: June 12th
Delivered: June 12th
AOR: June 12th
Background verification completed: June 26th
Test invitation: July 3rd
Test taken: July 12th
Is your AOR date correct? Did you get the AOR on the same date of application? It looks like a typo, I have updated the AOR date as 20 June in the tracker, please let me know if it is correct.

From completion of test to getting an oath is a wide range, but on average it takes 1-2 months.

gbhargava

Mar 24, 2021
Hi, I’m new here. Can someone add me to the spreadsheet, also do we have a WhatsApp group link?

Type: Online Application
Physical Presence Days: 1119
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family (2)
Application sent: June 6th
AOR: June 14th

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi, I’m new here. Can someone add me to the spreadsheet, also do we have a WhatsApp group link?

Type: Online Application
Physical Presence Days: 1119
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family (2)
Application sent: June 6th
AOR: June 14th
Added to the spreadsheet

LeahO

Aug 17, 2021
Can anyone help with test preparation ? Is there any app like G1 exam or PDF with question-answer ?
You can download the Canada citizenship app from the App Store. I used it to pre it has everything. Did my test and got 20/20

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is your AOR date correct? Did you get the AOR on the same date of application? It looks like a typo, I have updated the AOR date as 20 June in the tracker, please let me know if it is correct.

From completion of test to getting an oath is a wide range, but on average it takes 1-2 months.
Aor date was 20th.

I have travel plans from end of October till Mid December. If I get Oath around Sept-Oct, how do I delay that till Dec or Jan?

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
I'm on the same boat too. My AOR was on June 21st and no updates after that. I've travel plans early November and Nexus interview late November. I'm not sure how my Nexus application will be affected if I become a citizen before the interview (hopefully and I'm assuming I need to have a passport by then). Is it worth submitting a web form to explain the situation and request for expedited processing?

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Aor date was 20th.

I have travel plans from end of October till Mid December. If I get Oath around Sept-Oct, how do I delay that till Dec or Jan?
When you get the Oath invite, it will have instructions about rescheduling. You basically respond to that same email address from which you get the oath invite that you would be out of Canada on the Oath date and inform them of the date you would be back. They can hold the application only up to 6 months for the Oath.

Once you are back, you reply again stating that you are back and share the proofs like boarding pass, e-tickets etc. and you will be back in the queue for rescheduling. Different offices have different speeds so some reschedule in 1-2 weeks and few take months.

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
I'm on the same boat too. My AOR was on June 21st and no updates after that. I've travel plans early November and Nexus interview late November. I'm not sure how my Nexus application will be affected if I become a citizen before the interview (hopefully and I'm assuming I need to have a passport by then). Is it worth submitting a web form to explain the situation and request for expedited processing?
Based on current trends, you maybe able to complete your citizenship oath in time and get a passport by November unless there are complications in the application like exhaustive travel history, fingerprints request, security screening etc which makes it non-routine. Unfortunately, whatever you have explained isn't sufficient enough reason for urgent processing. Below is what the official documentation on urgent processing states:

We can only process citizenship applications urgently in exceptional cases, for example if you

• need Canadian citizenship to
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
  • need to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receive a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
Based on current trends, you maybe able to complete your citizenship oath in time and get a passport by November unless there are complications in the application like exhaustive travel history, fingerprints request, security screening etc which makes it non-routine. Unfortunately, whatever you have explained isn't sufficient enough reason for urgent processing. Below is what the official documentation on urgent processing states:

We can only process citizenship applications urgently in exceptional cases, for example if you

• need Canadian citizenship to
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
  • need to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receive a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html
Thank you very much for your reply. I will hang tight and hope the application is processed soon.

Also, I know this is off topic (from the intent of this thread), but do you know what would happen to the NEXUS application (submitted as PR) if I become a Canadian Citizen between the Conditional approval and interview? I hope they would be able to just update my citizenship during the interview at the NEXUS enrollment center because technically my application was conditionally approved in June but I couldn't get any interview sooner than late November.

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Thank you very much for your reply. I will hang tight and hope the application is processed soon.

Also, I know this is off topic (from the intent of this thread), but do you know what would happen to the NEXUS application (submitted as PR) if I become a Canadian Citizen between the Conditional approval and interview? I hope they would be able to just update my citizenship during the interview at the NEXUS enrollment center because technically my application was conditionally approved in June but I couldn't get any interview sooner than late November.
I don't have up to date info on the NEXUS application, but based on my limited information they would just update your new citizenship/passport information when you go to the interview as I understand that they would ask this specific question if there is any change in your particulars and want to add/update anything. So you can get it updated at your interview.

You can post this question in the NEXUS thread for the experts who went through this scenario to answer with their experience.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nexus-application.770213

Reactions: Sidedmage3