+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hello,

I created account on tracker today. AOR received on june 28. LPP & BG in progress.

what is ECAS mean? Where can I see that?
If you are able to create a tracking account, it means you are in ECAS system. It 2-3 days after AOR email to actually be in system. I was about to update excel sheet, but looks like you or someone already did. Edit- Thanks Hssrp. I am assuming everyone puts the ecas date as the date they are able to create tracker.

Last edited:

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hello,

I created account on tracker today. AOR received on june 28. LPP & BG in progress.

what is ECAS mean? Where can I see that?
ECAS is only for paper applications. For online applications, we only have the tracker so you can track your progress in the tracker.

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
If you are able to create a tracking account, it means you are in ECAS system. It 2-3 days after AOR email to actually be in system. I was about to update excel sheet, but looks like you or someone already did. Edit- Thanks Hssrp. I am assuming everyone puts the ecas date as the date they are able to create tracker.
Yes, I just updated his date on the sheet and then saw you on the sheet :)
In progress ECAS date on the sheet for online applications is the date the tracker was created and citizenship application linked. For paper applications it can be either the tracker creation date or the date they see in-progress in ECAS.

Some history - The sheet's column names and format is same since 2017 and up until 2022 it was only paper based applications for citizenship so the name ECAS is still on the sheet but losing relevance now as very few are paper applications.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Yes, I just updated his date on the sheet and then saw you on the sheet :)
In progress ECAS date on the sheet for online applications is the date the tracker was created and citizenship application linked. For paper applications it can be either the tracker creation date or the date they see in-progress in ECAS.

Some history - The sheet's column names and format is same since 2017 and up until 2022 it was only paper based applications for citizenship so the name ECAS is still on the sheet but losing relevance now as very few are paper applications.
Thanks. Yea, i try to update the sheet when i see messages. But if you get to it so fast and already update it, then im of no use, haha

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Calling all the experienced applicants to help me with the following questions:

5 year eligibility period: July 3, 2019 to July 2, 2024

Identification: We have recently moved and none of us (me and my spouse) have any of our ids like drivers licenses in the current address, can we provide utility bill as address under optional documents?

Residence & Tax>Immigration and citizenship status

* Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

As per the paper application guide, we must declare all types of visa(including visitor) we have held in our lifetime. Since there is no option to upload all the pages with visa stamps, should we upload these as one document separately with some stamps in the expired passport too? Should I also include copies of all the study and work permits in the same document?

Also, my spouse travelled to Europe on Type C Schengen visa - Short stay visa in 2010 and 2012 (the stays were not max 30 days long). Should we also include this in all pages of the passport under optional documents?

Physical Presence:

My study visa is out of the 5 year eligibility period mentioned above? Should I still include it or list them separately under optional documents?

What is considered as the "Date you received the status" my temporary work permit (PGWP) says 09-April-2019 however, work visa stamp in the passport says 06-May-2019?

My spouse had an implied status, should we mention it separately or the the "Do you apply to extend your status" suffices it? Should we explain this in letter of explanation under optional documents?

What's the difference between electronic and paper citizenship certificate?

Thank you so much for your help.

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Thanks. Yea, i try to update the sheet when i see messages. But if you get to it so fast and already update it, then im of no use, haha
Lol, sorry. There are no tracker updates today for the May group due to the long weekend holiday so I was free. I'll get busy from tomorrow then you would have plenty of updates to make :)

Reactions: maverick1982

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Calling all the experienced applicants to help me with the following questions:

5 year eligibility period: July 3, 2019 to July 2, 2024

Identification: We have recently moved and none of us (me and my spouse) have any of our ids like drivers licenses in the current address, can we provide utility bill as address under optional documents?

Residence & Tax>Immigration and citizenship status

* Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

As per the paper application guide, we must declare all types of visa(including visitor) we have held in our lifetime. Since there is no option to upload all the pages with visa stamps, should we upload these as one document separately with some stamps in the expired passport too? Should I also include copies of all the study and work permits in the same document?

Also, my spouse travelled to Europe on Type C Schengen visa - Short stay visa in 2010 and 2012 (the stays were not max 30 days long). Should we also include this in all pages of the passport under optional documents?

Physical Presence:

My study visa is out of the 5 year eligibility period mentioned above? Should I still include it or list them separately under optional documents?

What is considered as the "Date you received the status" my temporary work permit (PGWP) says 09-April-2019 however, work visa stamp in the passport says 06-May-2019?

My spouse had an implied status, should we mention it separately or the the "Do you apply to extend your status" suffices it? Should we explain this in letter of explanation under optional documents?

What's the difference between electronic and paper citizenship certificate?

Thank you so much for your help.
For visa status, i included all visits since birth (also listed citizenship of birth country) . i did not include any visa stamps or all passport pages. I think they will ask , if needed. Not sure of the other questions.

Reactions: intl_stu

$am

Star Member
May 6, 2020
I created tracket account for myself but for my spouse we are not able to create one it says invalid password etc.

we got aor on june 28. I guess it should be in the system.

when we applied for PR my spouse created account for PR portal. Does that mean that same password will work here and just sign in?

Besthope1

Jan 14, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1118
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Single
Application sent: June 25
Delivered: June 25
AOR:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1118
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Single
Application sent: June 25