Nov 29, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family - 2
Application sent: June 9th
Delivered: June 9th
AOR: June 27th
Ecas: June 29th
Which are the next steps? Which details of the application should be approved first?
thank you;)

skonduru

Aug 17, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Registered in the portal on 06/22 and the status says its in Progress.
Hello Everyone,
I am in a situation and would like to get expert opinion.
My AOR date is 06/20 and eCAS date is 06/22.
One person and his family with the same eCAS date already received test date window of Jul 4th and Aug 3rd.

No updated in the tracking portal since June 22nd. The first 4 steps are still in "in Progress". No GU so far.

I am planning to travel during July 3rd week for a period of 8 weeks.

1. Can I take the test from outside Canada? If not, can I request for a new date?
2. If I get a test date next week and if I take it, clear it and then travel, how would the oath date be affected?
3. Hypothetically, if I take the test and the oat and travel without a Canadian passport, can I come back on my current passport or would it become a legal issue.(I am hoping this is 0.01% probability)
India does not allow dual citizenship.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hello Everyone,
One person and his family with the same eCAS date already received test date window of Jul 4th and Aug 3rd.

No updated in the tracking portal since June 22nd. The first 4 steps are still in "in Progress". No GU so far.

1. Can I take the test from outside Canada? If not, can I request for a new date?
2. If I get a test date next week and if I take it, clear it and then travel, how would the oath date be affected?
3. Hypothetically, if I take the test and the oat and travel without a Canadian passport, can I come back on my current passport or would it become a legal issue.(I am hoping this is 0.01% probability)
1. yes you can take it outside, you just let ircc know that you are outside of the country.
2. it would not be affected..
3. you can't, when you do your oath you will return/destroy your pr card which you will need to re-enter canada as a PR and you cannot use it once you are citizen. so coming back without canadian passport will be an issue.

also do not compare your timeline with the person you know. same AOR and eCAS doesn't mean anything.. you might have different agents each with different volume of applications being completed. or even different processing offices.

Reactions: hssrp and skonduru

skonduru

Aug 17, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
1. yes you can take it outside, you just let ircc know that you are outside of the country.
2. it would not be affected..
3. you can't, when you do your oath you will return/destroy your pr card which you will need to re-enter canada as a PR and you cannot use it once you are citizen. so coming back without canadian passport will be an issue.

also do not compare your timeline with the person you know. same AOR and eCAS doesn't mean anything.. you might have different agents each with different volume of applications being completed. or even different processing offices.
Thank you. I hope it does not create any hiccups. What's the probability that I get a test date and oath date within the next 3 weeks? Slim I suppose.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hello Everyone,

also what affects your oath date is you not being in canada when it scheduled.. and they wont issue a new date till you have returned and sometimes getting a new date takes months.

Reactions: skonduru

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Thank you. I hope it does not create any hiccups. What's the probability that I get a test date and oath date within the next 3 weeks? Slim I suppose.
oath is out of the question lol for the test no one knows.. a friend of mine got hers within 2 weeks of applying and i got mines after 2 months.. she hasnt gotten any updates since april i have been getting updates every 2 weeks since may.. so you application can be moving fast and then starts to have little to no movement. or vice sersa like mine no movement at first then everything starts moving...

Reactions: skonduru and hssrp

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well and very excited to become citizens of Canada
Today on june 30th I applied with my family ( total of 2 adults +1 child ). I will be your co passenger in this thread until citizenship granted

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well and very excited to become citizens of Canada
Today on june 30th I applied with my family ( total of 2 adults +1 child ). I will be your co passenger in this thread until citizenship granted
Congratulations on your application, I have added your details to the spreadsheet.
Can you confirm the city you applied from and the Physical presence days so that I can update the spreadsheet.

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Congratulations on your application, I have added your details to the spreadsheet.
Can you confirm the city you applied from and the Physical presence days so that I can update the spreadsheet.
Hi there ,
My physical presence was 1147 when I applied, location south of London ontario

Last edited:
Reactions: hssrp

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2020
LANDED..........
29-03-2021
Updated:June 29, 2024 Background verification : Completed

Reactions: skonduru and hssrp

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2020
LANDED..........
29-03-2021
Updated. Moving fast! Do you know where your AOR and test invite came from? Office is listed at end for AOR letter
Oh okay! I am still awaiting the official email for the test invite, hopefully it will be sent in another 1-2 working days... I just checked the AOR letter for the office and it says the below:
Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Citizenship Program (Grants)
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Oh okay! I am still awaiting the official email for the test invite, hopefully it will be sent in another 1-2 working days... I just checked the AOR letter for the office and it says the below:
Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Citizenship Program (Grants)
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2
Thanks. Its the same for me. From what i have heard , LPP will most likely be done by Sydney and your local office will do the rest like background, test oath etc. Sydney was very slow in past, but they are not as bad as before. I have heard people getting everything done in 4 months. So lets see. One of my acquaintances and his spouse had same primary and secondary office. But he got it in 4 months and his spouse was waiting after 6 months.

Reactions: karthikb_itpro