+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

KvSiva

Dec 25, 2017
Hi Everyone, my AOR is Jun 25. BG complete. FP requested for spouse and his test was marked as complete. My test window was Sep month and it ended on 28th. I took the test on 15th and it hasn’t been marked as complete yet and no change on the application since August 23. Should I contact the office ?

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
NGF seems to have gone into hibernation. My wife did her test on Sep 9th. Updated to completed by the 13th. LPP still in progress. I don’t see any movement on anyone at NGF in the tracker after the 2nd week of September
Ghost update today. no changes in LPP. in progress still. when should i expect an actual update?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Your Physical presence was marked complete without sending any documents?
Correct. I did not send any document. I moved to Canada 1 year 5 months after getting pr. It's been more than 3.5 years since I moved, so I couldn't have stayed 6 months in any other country necessitating police certificate. I think if people travel outside a lot or don't move for a long time they might do a secondary review. Just my hunch. Assume if someone hasn't moved from US for 1.5 years and then 3 years after moving they apply for citizenship, then IRCC has no way to know if the person spent 6 months in another country (India) when they were in US for that 1.5 years. Since they would not have travelled through Canada. In these cases I-94 history may help prove.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Ghost update today. no changes in LPP. in progress still. when should i expect an actual update?
Updated. It depends in office. Go to may month and earlier sheet. Search for your office. Many people have put office in notes column. Then check how long it took.from one stage to another

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Congratulations, thats a big relief!
Thank You. Yes it is. Usually if it takes time for all three lpp then one can assume it's office delay. If one of lpp gets stuck then our imagination runs wild haha. Although I have seen Vancouver office do one, then few days later do another. Even for test marked as complete they take days when many offices do it in a day or two. Hope your file moves quickly!

Reactions: hssrp

grationnation

Aug 20, 2024
Thank You. Yes it is. Usually if it takes time for all three lpp then one can assume it's office delay. If one of lpp gets stuck then our imagination runs wild haha. Although I have seen Vancouver office do one, then few days later do another. Even for test marked as complete they take days when many offices do it in a day or two. Hope your file moves quickly!
Yes, I am in Sydney/Vancouver - LPP not started in what is coming up to 4 months. I can only hope and assume that it is a office delay considering my file has not been opened / worked on since my test was completed. Not sure what is going on.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Yes, I am in Sydney/Vancouver - LPP not started in what is coming up to 4 months. I can only hope and assume that it is a office delay considering my file has not been opened / worked on since my test was completed. Not sure what is going on.
If they have uniform speed at each office it will.be better for all. I would rather have a little delay for all than have it done fast for some and slow for others. Immigration itself is stressful. Then when we have a slow office it is frustrating. I have gone through US immigration and compared to it, Canadian immigration is definitely better. But there is room for improvement. Vancouver seems to be the most unpredictable and usually slower. Your file shpuld move soon!. It's been a while.

Reactions: grationnation

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi Everyone, my AOR is Jun 25. BG complete. FP requested for spouse and his test was marked as complete. My test window was Sep month and it ended on 28th. I took the test on 15th and it hasn’t been marked as complete yet and no change on the application since August 23. Should I contact the office ?
Wait a few more days and contact them. What is your location? And check the office that sent you test invite. Vancouver has been notoriously slow in marking test complete . If it is another office , then try to contact ircc on Monday.

Reactions: KvSiva

KvSiva

Dec 25, 2017
Wait a few more days and contact them. What is your location? And check the office that sent you test invite. Vancouver has been notoriously slow in marking test complete . If it is another office , then try to contact ircc on Monday.
Thanks for the reply.

How do I check that? Our citizenship test email was from DN SCR but the finger print request that came later was from vancouver.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

How do I check that? Our citizenship test email was from DN SCR but the finger print request that came later was from vancouver.
Usually the office is the one that invites for test. So atleast initially your office was scr. They do change offices to load balance . So it's likely that Vancouver is the office currently processing. Maybe till lpp is complete. Then it comes back to original office for oath.ill let more experienced people pitch in. How long did it take for your spouses test to mark complete? And did fp request come after it was marked complete?.

Last edited:
Reactions: KvSiva

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Yes, totally, I am a live example of whatever you mentioned :D and to top it off, my office is Vancouver :)