+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

J13

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Interview done today. I have given FP on Sep 4, how long does it take to reach to them? As i was told in interview that once they get my FP my file will be reviewed.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
The oath in-progress goes into 'Decision Made' column. Thats the date on which the oath date is updated in the tracker.
Got it. It was already in sheet - Sep 24. Don't remember if I updated it. I changed it to Sep 20. If the letter comes first, then that is the date of decision made, correct?

Reactions: hssrp

Wanderer87

Oct 1, 2022
I believe the term "citizenship hearing" is different from "interview." Based on my understanding and confirmation from the group, an interview is a step that may occur before the completion of a background check. On the other hand, a hearing takes place prior to the finalization of (LPP) process.

It's important to note that not everyone will necessarily go through both an interview and a hearing. The decision to conduct these steps is at the discretion of the officers involved in your case, who may require further clarification or information.
I have an interview scheduled. But Background is marked as complete in tracker.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Got it. It was already in sheet - Sep 24. Don't remember if I updated it. I changed it to Sep 20. If the letter comes first, then that is the date of decision made, correct?
Thats correct, but in most cases (99%) the letter comes after this date mentioned in the tracker. Sometimes the tracker might be delayed in updating, but when it finally updates, it is always backdated.

Reactions: maverick1982

sts345

Sep 25, 2024
Hi guys and @hssrp

Thanks for great insights here. I am new here and here is my timeline -

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1096 (6 trips abroad)
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Single
Application sent: June 28th
Delivered: June 28th
AOR: July 15th
Test invite: Aug 28th (MTL office)
Background: Sept 3rd
Test window: Sept 6th - Oct 6th
Test completed : Sept 6th
Test updated on tracker: Sept. 9th
LPP: Sept 19th (updated on tracker on 21st)
Citizenship Ceremony: In-progress

I still haven't received any oath letter or email after this from Montreal office. I see SCR office has already sent out oath letters for those with LPP completed last week. I am worried about my application as I have a trip next month and wanted to complete oath asap. Is this delay normal?

Also, any idea on what I should ask exactly from the IRCC agent on my application delay?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

rigo77

Oct 3, 2018
Received an update today Sept 25

Sep 23, 2024 - Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

Language skills and Prohibitions still in progress
Citizenship ceremony not started