+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<June 2024 AOR>>>>

shiena1722

Oct 8, 2024
Hi Folks.

I just want to share my timeline. I am CEC Inland applicant.

June 18: AOR
BIL: September 11
MIL: September 12
I submitted my PR application thru an immigration lawyer. I cant open PR tracker as well.
P1 email: October 7 replied October 8.

My question is once you receiver P1, does it mean that your PR application was approved and you are just waiting for P2 and COPR?

Please advice. My lawyer said my application was approved and I just need to receive P2.

I just want to get your thought on this.

Reactions: Hyper1013

No_Friendship101

Star Member
Jan 25, 2024
Hi Folks.

I just want to share my timeline. I am CEC Inland applicant.

June 18: AOR
BIL: September 11
MIL: September 12
I submitted my PR application thru an immigration lawyer. I cant open PR tracker as well.
P1 email: October 7 replied October 8.

My question is once you receiver P1, does it mean that your PR application was approved and you are just waiting for P2 and COPR?

Please advice. My lawyer said my application was approved and I just need to receive P2.

I just want to get your thought on this.
I spoke with an agent last week, she said that only approved application got a P1. Don't take their word on it though. We still need to get the official papers before we go to town and celebrate.

Pug22

Oct 4, 2024
Hi Shiena, this is based on the information available on the website

Confirm your permanent residence from inside Canada
If you’re inside Canada and we approve your permanent residence (PR) application, we’ll send you 2 emails:
  1. The first email will ask you to respond with some basic information.
  2. The second will let you know we’re ready to confirm your permanent resident (PR) status.
If you didn’t get our email, check your junk mail or spam folder to see if a message from us is there.
Which account to use
Don’t create a new portal account to confirm your PR status.
If you submitted your application using the PR Portal, you’ll use the same account to confirm your status.
If you didn’t submit your application using the PR Portal, we will
  • create an account for you
  • email you your username and temporary password
How to confirm your status
  1. Confirming you’re in Canada

shiena1722

Oct 8, 2024
Hi Pug,

Thanks for your input on this. On your P1 email, does it says your application is now approved? Mine says your PR application is now ready for finalization. Did you guys receive a seperate email /approval letter?

This has been one of the most intense moment of my life. I know you guys can relate as the suspense of waiting is breaking our neck.

I just want to get your thoughts especially for
the guys who got P1 and P2.

Pug22

Oct 4, 2024
Getting p1 is a good sign, it only mentioned your application is now ready for finalization, but based on their own website it says approved.
Only get approval letter after Ecopr is issued.

if you have access to tracker, you should be able to see the copr details.

shiena1722

Oct 8, 2024
Hi Pug,

Are you referring to the PR tracker or from
the cic account? I dont have access to both since my lawyer submitted my application.

Its a waiting game.

Jb6765

Jul 17, 2024
If you are an inlander of what I know you don't have to give biometrics and medical because you are already staying there.
Hey, as I understand these steps are mandatory, regardless of whether the applicant is inside or outside Canada.

CatLover4

Star Member
Sep 27, 2024
I see a message , your application updated in the home page of GCkey , but inside I dont see any updates apart from Background and eligibility progress , even in tracker also nothing changed.
Anyone know what is that ? When I entered GC key details the application update message from home page changed to Submitted .

No_Friendship101

Star Member
Jan 25, 2024
I see a message , your application updated in the home page of GCkey , but inside I dont see any updates apart from Background and eligibility progress , even in tracker also nothing changed.
Anyone know what is that ? When I entered GC key details the application update message from home page changed to Submitted .
That's what they called ghost update. Someone did something on your application. Probably in 1 - 2 days there's some update on your application.

CatLover4

Star Member
Sep 27, 2024
That's what they called ghost update. Someone did something on your application. Probably in 1 - 2 days there's some update on your application.
Thanks for the updates , I was assuming during ghost updates we receive an email notification , but it looks like not the case