+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

Taut_Mushroom

May 10, 2024
Hi ,

I have applied for outland spouse application on june 02 , received aor in july , biometrics in august and medical was updated on file in December.
since then there’s no update.
Background verification and principal applicant’s eligibility is in progress since December.

Is anyone experiencing same thing, or have any idea about how long it could be before it gets completed.

Application is at london visa office

Reactions: Noorulabdeen

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi ,

I have applied for outland spouse application on june 02 , received aor in july , biometrics in august and medical was updated on file in December.
since then there’s no update.
Background verification and principal applicant’s eligibility is in progress since December.

Is anyone experiencing same thing, or have any idea about how long it could be before it gets completed.

Application is at london visa office
Yep in the same boat....I guess CIC is working backwards. Starting with August '23 applicants first, and then going all the way back to June and May applicants.

The vacuum of information about the application, or it's progress is torturous. And this is symptomatic mostly of London visa office. Not sure if all incompetent officers are placed under one roof, or a huge number of application is pushed to this office. In both cases, deliberate incompetency is shown by CIC.

Secondly, CIC call centers and even MPs office seems completely helpless about inquiring the reason for delay on an application, when it comes to London visa office.

Reactions: Noorulabdeen

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Passport Req..
17-05-2024
Yep in the same boat....I guess CIC is working backwards. Starting with August '23 applicants first, and then going all the way back to June and May applicants.

The vacuum of information about the application, or it's progress is torturous. And this is symptomatic mostly of London visa office. Not sure if all incompetent officers are placed under one roof, or a huge number of application is pushed to this office. In both cases, deliberate incompetency is shown by CIC.

Secondly, CIC call centers and even MPs office seems completely helpless about inquiring the reason for delay on an application, when it comes to London visa office.
If talking about incompetence, I went to a Service Canada office recently to get my Canadian Passport renewed - had me waiting in line standing for a solid 7.5hrs. Only to process me in 5minutes tops. It felt ridiculous and then the mandatory breaks the staff would take every 15minute or so.

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Passport Req..
17-05-2024
Applied in June 30th, received the passport request on May 6th
Gives me hope to receive the Passport Request at least by end of the month hopefully. Being a July 26th applicant.
But definitely no timeframe or expectation as to when one would receive their passport back from London VO.

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Passport Req..
17-05-2024
I wonder what early June or even May applicants should feel in this case..... Hopeless?
Official processing time listed is still 13 months. Praying for everyone who is waiting.

Aug 19, 2023
LVO office applicant here from June 2023. There has been some progress today and yesterday.

They have now asked for my biometrics ( although i had one from TRV), updated police character certificate (previous one has expired as it was valid only for 180 days), and have also sent me pre-arrival services letter.

Is this good? What are the next steps after this?