+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Singh2050

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi folks
Completed my test on 3rd March but online tracker is still “In Progress “. What are the possibilities for the delay. Please assist

Reactions: summaiya_t

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
Hi,
I got a test invite on March 4th.
My test window is from March 9 to March 29.
Today it is March 9 and yet not received the invite in email with instructions.
I am outside Canada.
How do I notify CIC?
Do I need to wait after notifying CIC for a reply to take the test from outside Canada?
Please help
You can consider emailing to irrc here :
IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Also, check out:
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1571&top=5

[EDIT]

Also found this in the notice:

If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us at IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.cawithin 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’in the subject line of the email. Provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

Last edited:
Reactions: ephy

sarth220317

Nov 26, 2021
You can consider emailing to irrc here :
IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Also, check out:
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1571&top=5

[EDIT]

Also found this in the notice:

If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us at IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.cawithin 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’in the subject line of the email. Provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.
Thanks for the prompt response.
I think the second email you mentioned is for Scarborough office.
I will check using the first email.

anddrew

May 4, 2017
I just saw my citizenship test got updated to Completed. I finished the test on February 18, It took them 20 days to update. I saw some people in this forum started asking questions just after a couple of days of finishing the test. I guess we don't have to worry, just hang in there, it might take a while for IRCC to update it sometimes. Good luck to us all.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
I just saw my citizenship test got updated to Completed. I finished the test on February 18, It took them 20 days to update. I saw some people in this forum started asking questions just after a couple of days of finishing the test. I guess we don't have to worry, just hang in there, it might take a while for IRCC to update it sometimes. Good luck to us all.
My status was completed and in green. Then I got re invited to take the test again. The invitation mentions that “You are receiving this notice because you took the citizenship knowledge test a first time, and our records indicate that you did not pass on this first attempt. You now have the opportunity to complete the test a second time through our online test platform. You have 21 days to complete the test between the test start date and end date listed above.”
I got 20/20 and have the email as well proving the same. Funny thing is that I followed the steps very carefully and made sure that the picture of my ID is clear as possible and didn’t look anywhere during the test, neither had any other browsers open. Now I’m trying to identify what I should be doing different this time before I take the test again. I used a MacBook and chrome browser. May be I should just use a windows laptop for the 2nd attempt.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
My status was completed and in green. Then I got re invited to take the test again. The invitation mentions that “You are receiving this notice because you took the citizenship knowledge test a first time, and our records indicate that you did not pass on this first attempt. You now have the opportunity to complete the test a second time through our online test platform. You have 21 days to complete the test between the test start date and end date listed above.”
I got 20/20 and have the email as well proving the same. Funny thing is that I followed the steps very carefully and made sure that the picture of my ID is clear as possible and didn’t look anywhere during the test, neither had any other browsers open. Now I’m trying to identify what I should be doing different this time before I take the test again. I used a MacBook and chrome browser. May be I should just use a windows laptop for the 2nd attempt.
I'd recommend calling IRCC. Sounds like their mistake on the back end. Maybe they confused you with someone else who didn't pass. Keep us posted on any updates!

Reactions: CVLO

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
No email, just have to keep checking like a madman.
I thought that after finally seeing it marked as complete, we can take a break from checking as the next update will likely take a couple more months at least, but apparently based on @grapehair 's experience, we need to keep checking as it could become uncomplete again at any time :(

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi! In my citizenship application status, I have two entries indicating I have been scheduled for citizenship test as well as two "Waiting on you" at the top. I only received an email for the one between Feb 28 and Mar 21 and I took the exam last Mar 1st.

Has anyone else experienced this? Who can I email about this to make sure the system doesn't get confused and waiting for me to take another test for the one between Feb 21 and Mar 14?

Thanks!

Updated Feb 21:
Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between February 21, 2022 and March 14, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Updated Feb 28:
Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between February 28, 2022 and March 21, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
Any updates? Were you able to call IRCC? This is worrisome for all of us that some people are getting scheduled to take the test again after passing the first time

Reactions: summaiya_t

Jamal R

Mar 9, 2022
Hi all. New here. Posting for dad. My parents applied for their citizenship and this is their timeline:
Fort McMurray, Alberta (location)

Application sent June 4, 2021 (paper)
Application confirmed AOR Sept. 15, 2021
Fingerprints requested Dec. 22, 2021
Fingerprints sent local RCMP Jan. 13, 2022

Online tracker - March 9, 2022 says FP Received for dad, but "waiting for you" for mom
This is weird as they both sent in their FP at the same day and same time. Can anyone suggest if we should contact IRCC?

bimmerm3m5

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
I thought that after finally seeing it marked as complete, we can take a break from checking as the next update will likely take a couple more months at least, but apparently based on @grapehair 's experience, we need to keep checking as it could become uncomplete again at any time :(
I mean, you certainly could just sit back, but until crossing the decision-made milestone (in my opinion), I'd check at least weekly.

The system in Canada has some similarities to the US immigration systems, in that, there are updates made online, but the email notifications can lag. It's really annoying, but that is the game.

Reactions: trumprefugee

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hi all. New here. Posting for dad. My parents applied for their citizenship and this is their timeline:
Fort McMurray, Alberta (location)

Application sent June 4, 2021 (paper)
Application confirmed AOR Sept. 15, 2021
Fingerprints requested Dec. 22, 2021
Fingerprints sent local RCMP Jan. 13, 2022

Online tracker - March 9, 2022 says FP Received for dad, but "waiting for you" for mom
This is weird as they both sent in their FP at the same day and same time. Can anyone suggest if we should contact IRCC?
I suggest you give it a few days before contacting IRCC.

CVLO

Aug 2, 2021
I would also call them.
Something is wrong with their system and there is no guarantee they would not ask for the 3rd time!!!

Reactions: trumprefugee

Kashmira89

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
May be send the email of your score and ask them what exactly went wrong

anddrew

May 4, 2017
I am sorry to hear that man. I guess you have to contact IRCC as soon as possible.

Reactions: CVLO