+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2020- SUBMITTED APPLICATION

JoVanGirl

Mar 3, 2021
###. INLAND CEC APPLICANT - AOR JUNE 20, 2020 ###

AOR: June 20, 2020
Medical Passed: August 17, 2020
Biometrics: October 21, 2020 - retrieved from a previous application.
My application has been stuck on background check (Security started, Criminality not started) - Since December 2020. NO UPDATES SINCE DECEMBER 2020.

I feel stuck and hopeless, I'm sick of waiting and waiting. I require therapy because this PR processing during COVID has seriously impacted my physical and mental well being. I have lost 2 family members back home due to Covid and was not able to return since it will impact my PR processing/application.

I CAN'T WORK SINCE MY WORK PERMIT EXPIRED IN DECEMBER 2019 - and THIS WAITING GAME IS KILLING MEEE SLOWLY.

-I have been unemployed since December 2019, due to interruption of immigration status - PGWP expired before receiving my ITA and COULD NOT apply for a bridging work permit. Currently, I'm on implied status for my 3rd VISITOR RECORD waiting for IRCC's approval [submitted DEC 14, 2020].

I AM ONLY ON IMPLIED STATUS FOR VISITOR RECORD AND NOT FOR WORK PERMIT> HENCE ITS ILLEGAL FOR ME TO WORK.

-GOT NO MSP, and I feel stuck health-wise. I feel depressed and feel like I have aged 10 years because of this waiting and waiting.

I'm not sure how much longer I can sustain myself emotionally and financially like this. I'm at a point where I want to give up. Does anyone have any advice/tips that might be helpful to me?

Thanks and best of luck to everybody.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Haitham Calgary

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Keep getting email saying Application updated, but I log in and no change, GCMS notes shows nothing has changed since SEPTEMBER! last year for me. CEC inland application, EE Review required, they aren't happy with the layout of my British work experience letters, submitted more supporting documents but at this point I think withdrawing and starting over would be a faster process.
Normally when you get application updated note, that mean they are working on your application. Even-though, you may not see any changes. Have you tried to call IRCC to figure out if there are any updates?

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
###. INLAND CEC APPLICANT - AOR JUNE 20, 2020 ###

AOR: June 20
Medical Passed: August 17, 2020
Biometrics: October 21, 2020
My application has been stuck on Background check (Security started, Criminality not started) - Since December 2020. NO UPDATES SINCE DECEMBER 2020.

I feel stuck and hopeless, I'm sick of waiting and waiting. I require therapy because this PR processing during COVID has seriously impacted my physical and mental well being. I have lost 2 family members back home due to Covid and was not able to return since it will impact my PR processing/application.

I CAN'T WORK, I CAN'T STUDY and THIS WAITING GAME IS KILLING MEEE SLOWLY.

-I have been unemployed since December 2019, due to interruption of immigration status - PGWP expired before receiving my ITA and couldn't apply for a bridging work permit. Currently, I'm on implied status for my 3rd visitor record waiting for IRCC's approval [submitted DEC 14, 2020].

-GOT NO MSP, and I feel stuck health-wise. I feel depressed and feel like I have aged 10 years because of this waiting and waiting.

I'm not sure how much longer I can sustain myself emotionally and financially like this. I'm at a point where I want to give up. Does anyone have any advice/tips that might be helpful to me?

Thanks and best of luck to everybody.
Try to forget about the PR and focus more on the work permit and consider yourself had the PR and you are just waiting for the card to arrive. If your work needs printed paper to prove your eligibility to work in Canada, try another employer. There are many companies they don't require papers from you. You are implied status and that will make you eligible to work. Please work and do something to keep you busy. Also use the weekends, go to hike do some activities in parks or stuff like that. Spring is coming. Don't be desperate like that.

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Keep getting email saying Application updated, but I log in and no change, GCMS notes shows nothing has changed since SEPTEMBER! last year for me. CEC inland application, EE Review required, they aren't happy with the layout of my British work experience letters, submitted more supporting documents but at this point I think withdrawing and starting over would be a faster process.
Just be wary that there's always a risk that you may not get invited again. Especially if you don't have a good CRS score. Maybe you could create another profile and if you get an ITA then you can withdraw your current application. I don't know if that's legal or not. There's also no guarantees that it would be quicker at this point either.

T.l.c90

Feb 17, 2021
I Just got approved!!! my fear now is they have a webform asking to withdraw, will this be disregarded? I am on hold to IRCC now

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I Just got approved!!! my fear now is they have a webform asking to withdraw, will this be disregarded? I am on hold to IRCC now
:oops: I've got my fingers crossed so hard for you mate. I hope that it's irrelevant now that you've got your COPR.

TOTTI10

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
What do you mean? Have you asked them to withdraw your application? Can you please share your timeline and when all stages passed?

T.l.c90

Feb 17, 2021
I had asked to Withdraw so I could go a different route, waiting on an employer specific visa was making life very hard. The webform was never acknowledged and I just got approved. So hoping it will be disregarded, I mentioned the reason I was asking to withdraw. I applied June 10th 2020. eligibility was started in sept and then had no updates until today

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I had asked to Withdraw so I could go a different route, waiting on an employer specific visa was making life very hard. The webform was never acknowledged and I just got approved. So hoping it will be disregarded, I mentioned the reason I was asking to withdraw. I applied June 10th 2020. eligibility was started in sept and then had no updates until today
Did you actually receive your COPR today?

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
Inland PNP
AOR Jun 16/2020
Eligibility passed
Medical Sept 15
Biometric Oct 28
Criminality in progress
Security not start
:-(
Hey I have the exact same situation, AOR 16 June, PNP, what is your VO. You can find my details in signature. Whenever u get any update please do let me know

TOTTI10

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Call them and ask them to put a note on your file to disregard the last webform. Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth the try.

T.l.c90

Feb 17, 2021
I've sent a webform already, eugh just my luck. According to their own documents it would be to late to withdraw anyway, but with the weird things I have first hand experienced I am still holding my breath before I celebrate. But will talk to a human and hope for the best aswell

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I've sent a webform already, eugh just my luck. According to their own documents it would be to late to withdraw anyway, but with the weird things I have first hand experienced I am still holding my breath before I celebrate. But will talk to a human and hope for the best aswell
Did you end up getting through to an agent on the phone?

auskoala16

Mar 24, 2021
My AOR was June 9 2020
medical passed July 27 2020
Biometrics completed Dec 15 2020

Does anyone know what month biometrics were completed in for the people who just received the COPR in March 2021?